IGNORED

Johnson out

Topper 123

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He had a good reputation with some influential people, including at Man City it seems. Of course Brendan Rodgers told us what a great coach SOD is so reputation as a coach doesn't necessarily translate into capability as a manager.

This true, man management is key, Lee appears not to have this, his Dad did.

24 minutes ago, INCRED said:

LJ won't be sacked and won't resign, SL will back him in the January transfer window and we won't be like other clubs who follow the sacking cycle - not this time

Admittedly we are on a poor run and the squad need a boost, bit of luck, rub of the green just something to snap us out of this run. We are not getting hammered week in week out like 12 months ago and the first 12 games of the season many were patting LJ on the back and saying what a bright young Manager he is.

Give the team and club your support as they need it more than ever at the moment

It's posts like this that show the utter lack of ambition in Bristol.... As pathetic as the Manager quite frankly!!!

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

oh right, so in every game the oppo have let us off

You do realise that it doesn't matter by how many we lose? We still get a big fat zero points. 

We're playing a lot of shit football and have been lucky not to get spanked. We have the odd good 20 minutes, but by and large we've been completely sub par recently. 

It doesn't make me feel good, but I'm so fed up of hearing about how we're only losing by the odd goal. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

From what I've heard , and I trust where I heard it very strongly

LT not only senior player to voice his opinions to LJ

and LJ has lost respect of dressing room 

I don't know the reasons why , tactics ? Selections ? Outing players publicly ? ( ROD Sheffield Weds for example )

One things for sure not many sides with a happy dressing room go on this sort of run

Then they will be bombed out not LJ. I'm convinced SL will stick with him even if we are relegated.

9 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

The fact that it did happen, and then the fall out in the dressing room can be a problem that is the Elephant in the room, no one speaks of it but it ruins what the manager wants from his players for them to run through brick walls for him...they are demonstrating that they won't. 

Can you imagine this scenario with someone like Steve Bruce? 

There was a fall out in the dressing room afterwards then? First I've heard of this I admit. I'm still not sure I believe the argument that one fall out or disagreement equates to losing the dressing room and players not playing for him. Perhaps it's because I still think they are, despite the poor form.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

From what I've heard , and I trust where I heard it very strongly

LT not only senior player to voice his opinions to LJ

and LJ has lost respect of dressing room 

I don't know the reasons why , tactics ? Selections ? Outing players publicly ? ( ROD Sheffield Weds for example )

One things for sure not many sides with a happy dressing room go on this sort of run

I won't ask who your source is as I'm sure you wouldn't want to say anyway, which is fair enough. But I would like names and examples of senior players voicing their opinions if it really is this bad?

You're right on that last sentence, but not every dressing room on this sort of run have turned on their manager!

4 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Millen didn't do that much wrong, the players under him were a total disgrace.... every one of them

But some managers have that ability to polish a turd/ make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I don't think Millen (or LJ) can.

GJ did it with a very limited side (admittedly, not at the end)

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Then they will be bombed out not LJ. I'm convinced SL will stick with him even if we are relegated.

If that were to happen can you imagine how many season ticket holders would be lost. I'm on a run of having a family season ticket for 10 years now and my patience is getting severely tested, not even my kids want to come down ATM!!

31 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Just think carefully. Yes I believe the buck does stop with SL, and he is patently failing.

of course, the club would have gone on, as it will when SL has had enough.

No man, even a multi millionaire with a plaything, is irreplaceable

But what really frightens me is not SL's inability to appoint managers in anything approaching a professional way, but the dark legacy of Bristol Sport, and a club ground no longer owned by the club with which City may be saddled for decades to come

Bingo. I started a new thread on this before I read your post, but I agree wholeheartedly. 

I don't care how much lucre he has spent, the guy patently obviously cannot run a football club for toffee. 

4 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

There was a fall out in the dressing room afterwards then? First I've heard of this I admit. I'm still not sure I believe the argument that one fall out or disagreement equates to losing the dressing room and players not playing for him. Perhaps it's because I still think they are, despite the poor form.

Well come on you I or many others wouldn't know either, but we all know about Tomlin, he can be a problem, I have this feeling, he is a problem.

3 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

I won't ask who your source is as I'm sure you wouldn't want to say anyway, which is fair enough. But I would like names and examples of senior players voicing their opinions if it really is this bad?

You're right on that last sentence, but not every dressing room on this sort of run have turned on their manager!

I am limited as to how much I say for the same reason I would never divulge the source

Think you can almost work it out for yourself if you look at absentees etc

Think we can all assume Little , Goldbourne , ROD can't be happy at mo with many others unlikely to be having been cast aside over the last few months , brought back and cast aside again ....

Watch LJ regularly have 'words' with players during games

Not good

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think you are right 

They may need a mini bus mind !!!

;)

In which case the 'ones for the future' will have to become the ones for the present! Perhaps we'll sign some replacement ones for the future in Jan? I can't see any decent experienced players coming in for sure.

7 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

If that were to happen can you imagine how many season ticket holders would be lost. I'm on a run of having a family season ticket for 10 years now and my patience is getting severely tested, not even my kids want to come down ATM!!

You may well be right but SL has nailed his colours so firmly to the mast he can't back down now. As with SOD, relegation will be spun as an opportunity to build - again!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I am limited as to how much I say for the same reason I would never divulge the source

Think you can almost work it out for yourself if you look at absentees etc

Think we can all assume Little , Goldbourne , ROD can't be happy at mo with many others unlikely to be having been cast aside over the last few months , brought back and cast aside again ....

Watch LJ regularly have 'words' with players during games

Not good

Unfortunately the answer I expected! :thumbsup:

Certainly can imagine RO'D being unhappy after the public criticism in all fairness.

I'll keep an eye out as you say and it might swing my opinion but for now agree to disagree and all that!

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Millen is not a man manager, No 2 is what he is. 

No he has frailties on that score and allowed the senior pros to run roughshod over him but you can't take away the decent job he did.

Took us to 10th in the Championship after Johnsons sacking, 13th as well... I'd say in the context of things and our failures previous and now in the Championship that was pretty decent

5 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Unfortunately the answer I expected! :thumbsup:

Certainly can imagine RO'D being unhappy after the public criticism in all fairness.

I'll keep an eye out as you say and it might swing my opinion but for now agree to disagree and all that!

ROD is not the senior pro who also had major words with LJ , by the way

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Seems like the little fellow has either lost dressing room or he cannot organise a team - forget injuries tonight that's what your bench is for . I do not think he knows his best team and the board has f**ked up giving him an extension- the crowd want success and would rather have that than a nice , half empty stadium . It's a result business and he has not produced so the end is nigh 

JOHNSON IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep it up little fella.

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You may well be right but SL has nailed his colours so firmly to the mast he can't back down now. As with SOD, relegation will be spun as an opportunity to build - again!

What.. AGAIN!?!

Some one wrote a fantastic post last week about the Cycle of being a city fan, I'm sure it stated we go up, win a cup competition, stay up just, get relegated and repeat... this has pretty much been Bristol City for the last 20 years..

The words build again meet naff all to me TBH... The only thing we've built is a ground and sadly that will rot in league 1..

7 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

No he has frailties on that score and allowed the senior pros to run roughshod over him but you can't take away the decent job he did.

Took us to 10th in the Championship after Johnsons sacking, 13th as well... I'd say in the context of things and our failures previous and now in the Championship that was pretty decent

So presumably LJ cannot let his senior pros do the same. Millen was weak, some accused GJ of being a bully, so LJ has a big test ahead finding a solution.

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What.. AGAIN!?!

Some one wrote a fantastic post last week about the Cycle of being a city fan, I'm sure it stated we go up, win a cup competition, stay up just, get relegated and repeat... this has pretty much been Bristol City for the last 20 years..

The words build again meet naff all to me TBH... The only thing we've built is a ground and sadly that will rot in league 1..

I'm not saying it would be right, just suggesting a possible scenario given SL has painted himself into a corner. You know, the corner good times are always just around!:shifty:

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I agree that seems very likely, much faith seems to be invested in LJ.

I hope SL has factored in the probable loss of 50% of STH's if we undergo the double whammy of relegation and LJ staying, because the fans will not share his faith at that stage.

LJ does seem very calm, is it possible he has been assured he will not lose his job whatever happens?

Archived