IGNORED

Johnson out

Topper 123

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

LJ is here for the long-term

We need to support him and the boys through this incredibly tough/frustrating period

Decent money will be spent in Jan - sense a couple are close and that could/should turn the tide our way

It's not like we're getting MULLERED every week. Apart from BHA, we've been in every game to the last kick.

As SL stated he'd never sell JK, I'm not sure why people think he wouldn't sack Lee just because of their relationship or contract extension. If SL thinks his time is over then go he most certainly will. But Steve has never been a knee jerk reaction type of owner and Lee is most likely to be given a bit longer.

Personally I'm not sure either way whether Lee should stay or go - 8 losses in 9 is pretty appalling imo but 2 or 3 wins will see us back in mid table which is probably about right for the team we currently have.

And just a note for those who post but don't/can't  attend matches- we're not getting played off the park and heads aren't dropping so the performances are better than the results. 

8 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

LJ is here for the long-term

We need to support him and the boys through this incredibly tough/frustrating period

Decent money will be spent in Jan - sense a couple are close and that could/should turn the tide our way

Mmmm... you new to this bcfc thing?

9 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

What the f,,, is your problem with Steve Lansdown? every time you get any opportunity its like a stuck f,,,,,,,,, record and boring as sh,,

have you considered without him  bankrolling us we may not have a club, 

Think the club may have survived, may even have still owned our own ground and not been too far off the pitch from where we are now. 

But you can get a latte in the concourse so meh.

I know, lets over react and sack Johnson, get someone else in, change everything and then sack them when a few results don't go our way.  Then we can get someone else in and do it all over again. 

Some managers I agree it is time to go, (Johnson senior, stupid question man & Cotterill).  I just don't think the time to panic is now.  I feel we need to give L.J. time.  I have always thought that good things come to those who wait and really struggle with the short termism in football.  Feels like L.J. has only been here a few mins.  Rant over sorry!

Oooh, just noticed spudski's thread

3 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

I know, lets over react and sack Johnson, get someone else in, change everything and then sack them when a few results don't go our way.  Then we can get someone else in and do it all over again. 

Some managers I agree it is time to go, (Johnson senior, stupid question man & Cotterill).  I just don't think the time to panic is now.  I feel we need to give L.J. time.  I have always thought that good things come to those who wait and really struggle with the short termism in football.  Feels like L.J. has only been here a few mins.  Rant over sorry!

why do you think he deserves more time, his signings have been poor, results shocking, style of play bland at best, still doesnt know his best team, i just cant see why people think theres better to come from him.

10 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Coz we never get the right one ......always take the cheap option and someone who will be 'managed' by the powers that be.

And that's the puzzling thing-for the wealth SL has he sure loves shopping for bargains.....if I had 1% of SL's wealth you would never see me rummaging in a charity shop ever again...honest.

11 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

Oooh, just noticed spudski's thread

I have no idea why Spudski isn't our manager tbh, he knows everyone and everything? 

9 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What.. AGAIN!?!

Some one wrote a fantastic post last week about the Cycle of being a city fan, I'm sure it stated we go up, win a cup competition, stay up just, get relegated and repeat... this has pretty much been Bristol City for the last 20 years..

The words build again meet naff all to me TBH... The only thing we've built is a ground and sadly that will rot in league 1..

It's Bristol City for the last eighty odd years. One promotion every ten years and with one relegation in between. I've seen eight promotions and seven relegations since 1950 and 2017 will see another unless............

Boss Hog - I guess I am just bored of the same thing happening to City throughout my lifetime.  up and down sack and repeat.  I feel L.J. needs to be given more time as it feels like he has only been here 5 mins. Yes the results haven't been good but the team are not playing badly and we are not getting outplayed every week.  I think people forget the good games (eg Fulham away), and focus too much on the negatives.  Give him his 3 transfer windows and if it doesn't improve then sack him.  I am just really fed up of the short term views of people - go out spend all your money on a mini, instead of saving up to buy a Ferrari (sorry, not very good at analogies)!

I agree, unfortunately we must wait until end February. Johnson has been given the January transfer window to sort it and no amount of 'manager out' will make any difference until then.

This manager has shown that he can do it.  But also that he now can't, and using the same players (unless you count Kodjia departing) is not a good sign, they didn't suddenly become bad players.  A good recipe ruined by adding the wrong ingredients.  

Holden appointment has been negative and I can't help feeling Pemberton would steady the ship if Johnson and Holden stepped back.

44 minutes ago, Robin in Qatar said:

Give LJ until Feb then decide 

I would personally still give him time, as much as my support for LJ has been tested recently. Surely we have to see what January brings? After all it was only a few months ago we were singing his praises as we held a play off place. 

The thing that bugs me about LJ is his tendency to throw in technical/tactical footballing terminology into almost every interview. He seems hell bent  on illustrating to everyone how knowledgeable he is. All managers know all this stuff but you never hear them shouting it from the roof tops... they don't feel the need to. 

I'm starting to doubt the guy... perhaps he's missing that vital spark his old man had. GJ had his faults but he could motivate. Think we could do with a few of his hand grenades right now.  

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The "no one is working harder than me to turn this around" comment last night made me chuckle. I'd hope so mate, you're being paid about £5k a week to do so.

And clearly not working too hard if you've played the same team and got the same result for the past 3 months. 

Plenty of areas where Johnson can be critiqued, but being his line up changes pretty much every game, and he changed the formation for last night's game, not sure that is completely fair.

Not arguing we're not performing, but can't we at least be consistent in the criticism?  Half the time he's called a tinkerman, half the time pigheaded - he's one or the other.

(and me saying this after I tried to have a break from this place for 48 hours after last night; I'm addicted...)

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

Plenty of areas where Johnson can be critiqued, but being his line up changes pretty much every game, and he changed the formation for last night's game, not sure that is completely fair.

Not arguing we're not performing, but can't we at least be consistent in the criticism?  Half the time he's called a tinkerman, half the time pigheaded - he's one or the other.

(and me saying this after I tried to have a break from this place for 48 hours after last night; I'm addicted...)

We went 442 and went in 1 down so he changed it to 352 and we still lost so I don't personally think it's harsh. 

Hes still playing JB left back one week, left wing the next. Treatment of Golbourne has been pretty harsh. LT is still out of position. TA is 99% of the time upfront on his own being dominated by two centre backs. We have a striker on the bench who he signed and won't play.  We have a different midfield 2 every week. We don't even know our best goalkeeper. 

Theres why my issues are. He's had 5 months to figure it out and we're still no clearer than we were in August. 

I know little Lee has been here nearly a year already but didn't Gary start his city tenure with a run like this before turning it around? I know it is isn't really a relevant comparison for obvious reasons but I think Lee should be granted time following his great work keeping us up. If we are still plummeting by mid Feb then it is Cotterill mk2 and we should get rid. 

Archived