IGNORED

Worst fans

Aberdeen Pete's Dad

12 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Sorry... i have been to most games home and away. We have had great support. I have not booed, called for LJ to be sacked but we all can express opinions. Since the Cardiff game we have been dire.....We have dropped like a stone and questions must be asked....

Occasionally away but certainly not at home, in terms of atmosphere its extremely poor

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

We have the worst fans in the country. Moaning ******* idiots everywhere. Unsure why, maybe because we are the biggest club in the South-West by a country mile but some of our fans expect instant success. Reality check: we aren't good. We don't deserve to be good. The boo boys are at the Gate like no other ground in the country, it's my job to travel and watch football games before anybody tells me they're worse elsewhere. We are in an extremely fortunate position with our chairman, stadium etc. For some delusional shits, this is not enough. A large portion of our fans enjoy us failing so they can moan. Wish they'd piss off.

What a doughnut you are.

I am not a happy clapper but I was at Ipswich last night and I feel for Johnson as yes we were poor first half but he was brave enough to change formation and go 3 at the back and for the first 20 minutes of the second half we were back to our best quick passing high tempo then as is our luck goes maggers gets injured just as we're getting a foothold into the game and we end up with Bryan at cb and we get done for there second down the side we're maggers would of been.Then it's another defeat and that's the only thing that people who wasn't there last night will see not the fact that Johnson was brave enough to change it at half time and we were much better than late.im not a happy clapper and yes there are few things that are wrong but I feel Johnson should get credit for at least acting and being brave enough to change things last night.

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We are in the proverbial mess, not just on the field of play but, much more importantly, off it too. This has absolutely nothing to do with the fans.  Is there a fan on The Board? Is there a fan advising SL?  Were we consulted over the ownership of the ground?  Were we consulted over Bristol Sport? Have we been involved in the appointment of managers and coaches? 

No, we are just the cash cow that goes on giving, untold millions since end of The First World War - far more than SL through various financial structures.  We are simply powerless under the present club structure.

Yet we go on supporting and with modern tools, like otib, make our frustrated points public unlike in the past when we simply complained to other fans.  Remember decades ago, sitting in the 'Old Stand', hearing much the same as we are hearing now.  Our fault? I don't think so

You could argue Jon Lansdown is a fan on the board.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

We have the worst fans in the country. Moaning ******* idiots everywhere. Unsure why, maybe because we are the biggest club in the South-West by a country mile but some of our fans expect instant success. Reality check: we aren't good. We don't deserve to be good. The boo boys are at the Gate like no other ground in the country, it's my job to travel and watch football games before anybody tells me they're worse elsewhere. We are in an extremely fortunate position with our chairman, stadium etc. For some delusional shits, this is not enough. A large portion of our fans enjoy us failing so they can moan. Wish they'd piss off.

Instant success???? I've been waiting 55 years for our "instant success" and apart from promotion to Division 1 in the seventies I have been sorely disappointed. But I still buy my season ticket and support the club.

As for "we don't deserve to be good" with the money SL has invested, our fanbase and our new stadium I think we are due a bit of success. This season I was hoping we had turned a corner but unfortunately on the pitch it is  the same old City. 

Aberdeen you the bloke into ground hopping and do the odd England and Tilburg trip?? cant be that many City fans in Aberdeen.

if it is you its pretty hard to say its always been like this because it has not. the seventies was bugger all like now. as were the eighties. cant compare the EE and Dolman days to the shiny new Bristol Sport era. different times no violence which sometimes went at players and board lot calmer than times gone past and fans have no say in anything at ashton gate to be blamed for.

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No. He's there not as a fan but as daddy's placeman, as daddy is a tax exile - as good example as you will get of what is wrong with the club

I think it is well documented that SL became interested in the club after his son was a supporter. It's harsh to say that SL , JL and KD are not fans/ supporters

6 minutes ago, Redland said:

Instant success???? I've been waiting 55 years for our "instant success" and apart from promotion to Division 1 in the seventies I have been sorely disappointed. But I still buy my season ticket and support the club.

As for "we don't deserve to be good" with the money SL has invested, our fanbase and our new stadium I think we are due a bit of success. This season I was hoping we had turned a corner but unfortunately on the pitch it is  the same old City. 

What about our fanbase? We probably have a medium sized fanbase and it will never eclipse your Leeds, your Villas, your Newcastles in this league. In fact i'd say were pretty average even in this league 

Doesn't matter what money SL has invested, if its not invested properly then we'll never achieve nothing. Coming on leaps and bounds off the field but the academy and so on are not utilised enough and haven't been by previous managers and on the field where are we now? in terms of where Lansdown took over we haven't progressed.

Not knocking SL at all, he's invested alot of time and money into the club and trying to achieve success but its simply not happening and he's been here getting on for 20 years now

42 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

What about our fanbase? We probably have a medium sized fanbase and it will never eclipse your Leeds, your Villas, your Newcastles in this league. In fact i'd say were pretty average even in this league 

Doesn't matter what money SL has invested, if its not invested properly then we'll never achieve nothing. Coming on leaps and bounds off the field but the academy and so on are not utilised enough and haven't been by previous managers and on the field where are we now? in terms of where Lansdown took over we haven't progressed.

Not knocking SL at all, he's invested alot of time and money into the club and trying to achieve success but its simply not happening and he's been here getting on for 20 years now

Yes but our fanbase reflects our longstanding lack of success and underachievement. If we had a "history" like Newcastle, Villa and Leeds our fanbase would be much greater.

As it is we attract 20,000 to Ashton Gate to watch a team that has never won anything (even Swindon have won the League cup!) and has spent most of its time in the lower leagues.

Look at Swansea and the crowds they get compared to when they were in league 2 a few years ago.

The bottom line is that success breeds success and if we can improve and get into the Premier League or win trophies the crowds will come. Sad but true.

Our fans deserve medals. We are the faithful and true ones. Yeah, some might want to call out a catastrophe if they see one and quite rightly so. They are normally ignored by the behind the scenes people at the club anyway.

We spend our money and we have every right to complain if it isn't good enough. Other fans of other clubs do exactly the same.

Most aren't delusional. They are concerned by a totally unacceptable string of poor results. The recent trend is alarming.

We will all be happy with 15th this season, but our form in the last 10 games is only worsened by QPR and that is plain hard fact.

If people want to be positive then that's fine, but if people want to be negative then that's fine too. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Even ex players know that the problem has never lied with the fans. We have put up with it for years and years but still we will turn up and keep supporting no matter what.

IMG_1329.PNG

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Our fans deserve medals. We are the faithful and true ones. Yeah, some might want to call out a catastrophe if they see one and quite rightly so. They are normally ignored by the behind the scenes people at the club anyway.

We spend our money and we have every right to complain if it isn't good enough. Other fans of other clubs do exactly the same.

Most aren't delusional. They are concerned by a totally unacceptable string of poor results. The recent trend is alarming.

We will all be happy with 15th this season, but our form in the last 10 games is only worsened by QPR and that is plain hard fact.

If people want to be positive then that's fine, but if people want to be negative then that's fine too. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Even ex players know that the problem has never lied with the fans. We have put up with it for years and years but still we will turn up and keep supporting no matter what.

IMG_1329.PNG

I would like this twice if I could. Great post

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Yep. I'm saying that. We could drop below Burton today

Unless they have something big lined up for January, which going by theithe recent signings Imy not holding my breath. ..then yeah, I say we have failed 

So we're giving it marginally longer than Swindon fans in deciding when the season ends then. Good stuff. 

Progress is very rarely a straight line. 

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_1329.PNG

Another concern for me is the team lying third in the table above visit us on Monday.

26 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Bit harsh there Ivor...

In keeping with just about every other post he`s ever put on here.

I think he can only be a secret billionaire who wants to take over - it`s the only reason I can think of for him continually slagging off someone who`s put the thick end of 50 million into City.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

In keeping with just about every other post he`s ever put on here.

I think he can only be a secret billionaire who wants to take over - it`s the only reason I can think of for him continually slagging off someone who`s put the thick end of 50 million into City.

And precisely where has that £50m you quote got us after all these years? The best ground in the third tier most likely

And precisely what does JL bring to The Board, or for that matter the other silent Board members?

i wish I was a billionaire and could get involved, but I will say one thing I certainly wouldn't run the club as a personal fiefdom nor in such a blatantly amateur way.

You would of course be welcome then to make your opposing views heard, and to have them debated and discussed - unlike all the views, whatever they are, on Otib currently. My dream is that one day City will become a model of a modern democratic football organisation, and we will drop all this Barcelona BS nonsense

8 hours ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

An awful lot of vitriol is being displayed on these pages. Everyone thinks they're right and everyone else is wrong. Many blame Johnson for our predicament, others blame the board or Mark Ashton. Some blame the full backs, others the goalkeepers. The midfield and the forwards have their critics. Fielding, O'Donnell, Lucic,  Matthews, Little, Golbourne, Bryan, Reid, O'Neill, Smith, Pack, O'Dowda,Freeman, Wilbraham, Magnusson, Engvall and Moore have all been heavily criticised recently. Currently Tomlinson is the villain. Some think Flint isn't good enough. Several players who were thought by many to not be up to Championship standard while they were here are doing very well for themselves at other clubs- Ayling, Skuse, Pitman, Cunningham, Williams and Baldock come to mind. Could this be a factor in putting off players for signing for us? Some posters on here seem to relish it when we struggle, and determinedly put down anyone who has a positive outlook. I don't believe many of these fans are Gas. I just wish they didn't act as if they were.

It often gets very quiet at Ashton Gate when City are not playing at their best, especially if they go behind. The support is fine when we are playing well and are successful. It has always been like this. I remember when we played Spurs in the League Cup Semi Final in 1970, their famous manager Bill Nicholson said that he never known such a quiet crowd for such a big game. It's a West Country thing. It!s not a coincidence that Plymouth is the biggest city to have never had top division football. The fact that we have had only 4 years there in more than a century is pathetic. Exeter and Torquay are 2 of only 4 clubs who have played more than 30 years of League football and to have never played , at least, 2nd tier ( Hartlepool and Rochdale are the others.) The less said about the gas the better.

Too many of our fans are pessimistic, anxious and quick to criticise. Before attacking the managers, players, chairman or the board, they ought to look at themselves. Players and managers come and go, the fans stay for ever. They must take, at least, some responsibility for our historic underachievement since the First World War.

Agree about getting behind the team on match days  I've never seen a team play better when the crowd goes  silent and gives the players sh..t  but have seen teams play out of there skin when the crowd gets behind them .

47 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

And precisely where has that £50m you quote got us after all these years? The best ground in the third tier most likely

And precisely what does JL bring to The Board, or for that matter the other silent Board members?

i wish I was a billionaire and could get involved, but I will say one thing I certainly wouldn't run the club as a personal fiefdom nor in such a blatantly amateur way.

You would of course be welcome then to make your opposing views heard, and to have them debated and discussed - unlike all the views, whatever they are, on Otib currently. My dream is that one day City will become a model of a modern democratic football organisation, and we will drop all this Barcelona BS nonsense

Any fan with an ounce of savvy can see that comparison was ludicrous.

German fan owned clubs do bring in others to run aspects of the FC without them taking over the FC's and their identity. A far healthier model.

Bristol Sport like fans cannot be blamed for the malaise on the pitch.

13 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Gerry Gow and our fans are not fickle. No wonder we're in a bit of a pickle. 

Next week we'll spend more than a nickel, a striker to hammer and a defender to sickle. Sir Ken Dodd will continue to tickle.....or take the mickle. 

The worst set of fans? I'll give you four gems.

Notts Forest: the "famous" club, but NOT FOR A LONG TIME.

dirty leeds: what a lovely bunch they are. There is nothing worse than are fat gloating leeds fan.

Queers Park rangers: small man syndrome; they think Chelsea, everyone else thinks Barnet.

Swindle: a roundabout off the M4 with a toilet for a ground.

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

The worst set of fans? I'll give you four gems.

Notts Forest: the "famous" club, but NOT FOR A LONG TIME.

dirty leeds: what a lovely bunch they are. There is nothing worse than are fat gloating leeds fan.

Queers Park rangers: small man syndrome; they think Chelsea, everyone else thinks Barnet.

Swindle: a roundabout off the M4 with a toilet for a ground.

I have to pull you up on Swindle. Last time I was there, there were practically NO karseys!

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 09:45, Emperor Palpatine said:

The OP is right. We have a terrible set of fans.. demanding this and that, criticising managers to the point where it gets personal.. the list grows and grows. You could understand it if we were successful at any point in time but we haven't been. Why some fans give it the 'big I am' I'll never know

It will happen to the next manager and so on, I'd hate to see this forum if we were rooted to the bottom of the league like we were this time last season

People are just fed up with the same false dawns and bollocks every season.  Lansdown stands on that pitch final home game promising 'a real go for it '...the fans back the club, then the same drivel happens. It's like Ground Hog Day

This club is ran like a joke. Johnson got that job solely because he was Lansdowns mate. He wouldn't have been looked at if he wasn't 

Fans are not stupid.  The sheer volume of Barnsley fans who laughed their cocks off when we got him said it all

I was blasted on this forum last season for saying the football under LJ was as bad as Cotts . He did well to keep us up but was clearly a honey moon period.

But you are right  . It will happen to the next manager . As I have no faith this board will get it right anyway 

Archived