IGNORED

Worst fans

Aberdeen Pete's Dad

54 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

People are just fed up with the same false dawns and bollocks every season.  Lansdown stands on that pitch final home game promising 'a real go for it '...the fans back the club, then the same drivel happens. It's like Ground Hog Day

This club is ran like a joke. Johnson got that job solely because he was Lansdowns mate. He wouldn't have been looked at if he wasn't 

Fans are not stupid.  The sheer volume of Barnsley fans who laughed their cocks off when we got him said it all

I was blasted on this forum last season for saying the football under LJ was as bad as Cotts . He did well to keep us up but was clearly a honey moon period.

But you are right  . It will happen to the next manager . As I have no faith this board will get it right anyway 

Even if the board 'get it right' and have a list of well respected experienced managers... why would they come here? No seriously. How do you know that these managers were on the list but knocked the club back? I haven't agreed with board decisions either during their time but it could be a case of not attracting these managers because we are not established or our stature isn't high enough. Why would that kind of manager risk his reputation by coming here? We have to establish ourselves in this league first before we can attract a better type of player/manager

Talking of boycotts and wanting the club to fail just so they can get rid of a manager just highlights the point of the OP has made

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

People are just fed up with the same false dawns and bollocks every season.  Lansdown stands on that pitch final home game promising 'a real go for it '...the fans back the club, then the same drivel happens. It's like Ground Hog Day

This club is ran like a joke. Johnson got that job solely because he was Lansdowns mate. He wouldn't have been looked at if he wasn't 

Fans are not stupid.  The sheer volume of Barnsley fans who laughed their cocks off when we got him said it all

I was blasted on this forum last season for saying the football under LJ was as bad as Cotts . He did well to keep us up but was clearly a honey moon period.

But you are right  . It will happen to the next manager . As I have no faith this board will get it right anyway 

The sheer volume of Barnsley fans??.... What all 3/4 who post on here? Slightly over the top, but that fits in well with the rest of your post.  

This will be controversial... And I expect to get lynched for it... Sorry all. But I think our fans are on the whole poor in comparison to other similar sized clubs and contribute to little more than a negative and tense atmosphere on matchdays even during times of success. The absolute misery and despair on this forum at the moment sums up the general feel of home games.

95% of our crowd sit on their arse for 90 minutes and occasionally moan. The only time we see any passion is when theres a crap referee. A small number of our fans do make an effort but the songs and chants are generic, unoriginal and dated. Away from home, we only bother to turn up to closer games... We took 800 to Bradford for our promotion game, and 600 to Hartlepool for a playoff semi final which I was embarassed by. Big followings are often quiet and outsung by the home support... At home, small pockets of Oldham or Barnsley fans are always louder than us.

Then looking at clubs like Brighton, Portsmouth, Plymouth or Huddersfield (similar sized clubs) all I have ever seen from them is passionate noisy support, even when they are struggling. 

The only positive at the moment is our impressive home numbers. I just hope that keeps up.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

The sheer volume of Barnsley fans??.... What all 3/4 who post on here? Slightly over the top, but that fits in well with the rest of your post.  

You just got to love at the posts on their forum over the last 12 months. 

A huge majority were glad to get shot

I personally think defeat tomorrow and you will start seeing the fans turn big time . Then it's just a case of living on borrowed time 

32 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I personally think defeat tomorrow and you will start seeing the fans turn big time . Then it's just a case of living on borrowed time 

You could also say the same about Forest fans with Cotterill, the majority were happy when they got shot of him... they were laughing at us for having the audacity to employ him... they could've been right particularly his poor run upto and including the 3-0 humiliation at Sheffield United but the board stayed patient and he delivered the results for 18 months or so which included promotion.

I think in that respect I don't bother listening to other clubs fans regarding managers, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't... pinch of salt needed mostly because alot of it seems bitterness towards a manager who built some foundations for where they are now. The key is patience, not sacking a manager and restarting over again

2 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

This will be controversial... And I expect to get lynched for it... Sorry all. But I think our fans are on the whole poor in comparison to other similar sized clubs and contribute to little more than a negative and tense atmosphere on matchdays even during times of success. The absolute misery and despair on this forum at the moment sums up the general feel of home games.

95% of our crowd sit on their arse for 90 minutes and occasionally moan. The only time we see any passion is when theres a crap referee. A small number of our fans do make an effort but the songs and chants are generic, unoriginal and dated. Away from home, we only bother to turn up to closer games... We took 800 to Bradford for our promotion game, and 600 to Hartlepool for a playoff semi final which I was embarassed by. Big followings are often quiet and outsung by the home support... At home, small pockets of Oldham or Barnsley fans are always louder than us.

Then looking at clubs like Brighton, Portsmouth, Plymouth or Huddersfield (similar sized clubs) all I have ever seen from them is passionate noisy support, even when they are struggling. 

The only positive at the moment is our impressive home numbers. I just hope that keeps up.

100% agree with this post

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

And youd be absolutely loving that wouldnt you?

10 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Away from home, we only bother to turn up to closer games

Can't say I agree with this. Just off the top of my head I remember large away followings at Preston (1-1 draw, promotion season), Newcastle (0-0 draw, last time we went there), Forest (over 4,000 in 06-07) and Sheffield Wednesday (over 4,500 a few years ago), and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. And in any given season, our average away support is usually decent, usually well over 1,000.

That said, your point about our following at Hartlepool in the play offs is very true. I think that for all three of our most recent away games in the play offs (Cardiff in 03, Hartlepool in 04 and Palace in 08), we didn't sell our full allocation.

On 31/12/2016 at 16:46, Ivorguy said:

And precisely where has that £50m you quote got us after all these years? The best ground in the third tier most likely

And precisely what does JL bring to The Board, or for that matter the other silent Board members?

i wish I was a billionaire and could get involved, but I will say one thing I certainly wouldn't run the club as a personal fiefdom nor in such a blatantly amateur way.

You would of course be welcome then to make your opposing views heard, and to have them debated and discussed - unlike all the views, whatever they are, on Otib currently. My dream is that one day City will become a model of a modern democratic football organisation, and we will drop all this Barcelona BS nonsense

Wow

9 hours ago, North London Red said:

Can't say I agree with this. Just off the top of my head I remember large away followings at Preston (1-1 draw, promotion season), Newcastle (0-0 draw, last time we went there), Forest (over 4,000 in 06-07) and Sheffield Wednesday (over 4,500 a few years ago), and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. And in any given season, our average away support is usually decent, usually well over 1,000.

That said, your point about our following at Hartlepool in the play offs is very true. I think that for all three of our most recent away games in the play offs (Cardiff in 03, Hartlepool in 04 and Palace in 08), we didn't sell our full allocation.

All televised games as well I think.

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

All televised games as well I think.

Doesnt matter for games of that magnitude. We should have had enough fans willing and able to make the effort...if I remember, Plymouth sold out the 1500 at Hartlepool the previous week even though it was a nothing game for them as they were already up.  Other clubs would have sold out, dare I say it even the saggies. Bradford was the ultimate embarassment though. Still cant believe not even 1000 could make it to watch their team win promotion!! 

(i must stress that this isnt a dig at individuals who of course have personal circumstances such as family, work and finances to consider, more a moan at our collective efforts)

I have been interested in the responses to my original post. It was deliberately provocative. Some are in agreement with the points I was trying to make, others are the opposite. Some can,t be bothered to read the post, which, of course, is fine, but still post negatively. This displays ignorance, arrogance and rudeness in equal measure. I have also been interested in a considerable number of constructive postings on other threads, which have given balanced assessments of our current situation. Most appear to be of the opinion that LJ should continue, although obviously there comes a point at which we need to win some games! There are very few alternative names put forward as potential replacements for LJ.Incidentally, since 1980 we have never been relegated in a season when we have kept our manager.

Actually, I think our away fans are pretty supportive. Our home support have attended in good numbers but still tend to be a bit quiet, especially when things aren't going well. Unquestionably, teams in the north and midlands have "louder" support on the whole. This doesn't mean to say they are less committed, but too many tans to be anxious, cautious and pessimistic.

There also several who only post on here when things are going badly. They never post when we are winning. Some seem to be more concerned that they are proved right- that such and such a player or manager is useless- than the team is successful. Some even want the team to lose a few games so the manager is sacked, and some even want to boo before a manager starts. They are a small minority, but are disproportionately represented on this forum. They are the worst fans.

On 31/12/2016 at 09:22, Spoons said:

IMO the bull sh*t and fancy talk is coming from the Johnson out brigade . I didn't hear you moaning in august/ September etc?

And to clarify I ain't a happy clapper or a Johnson fan club member, I'm a Bristol city fan!! With that you support the club through good times and bad. 

Nonsense.

LOADS of vitriol and abuse being shouted at people that dare question Johnson.

The original post loses a bit of punch with the quote about Bill Nicholson being amazed that the league cup semi final crowd at AG in 1970 was so quiet. One only has to look up this famous manager's medical record to discover that later that same year he had to have his ears syringed.

On 12/31/2016 at 09:31, Olé said:

This has been mentioned a few times and simply isn't true - this is what I wrote after leaving the away end at Burton after our third consecutive win:

Sound familiar? The only people who got carried away in August/September were the media, Mark Ashton and anyone who didn't actually watch us play.

Villa at home and Fulham away now stand out more like exceptions than the rule. As someone else put it on here, they're McInnes Palace/Cardiff results.

I would also add Leeds at home, that was a pretty good result and display- those wins feel like a lifetime away now or a bygone era despite only being in late summer/September!

On the other hand, new signings- new hope.

Archived