IGNORED

Fans meeting with Bristol city on Wednesday evening

cider head

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

That has to be a big factor in this - assumedly whatever happens someone else is going to be affected - lets hope they are dealt with correctly too

That hasn't happened in the past much.

The club will do what it wants, when it wants,

Previous examples

Atyeo STS relocated for family section.

SS  STS moved to expand family section.

No consultation just done, and yes I was affected both times.

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Why would you put the Family Section i.e. The people who's very attendance the club will rely on in the future, in the sh*ttest part of the ground!? You want to make the kids feel part of it not bloody miles away from it! 

Because I think it would be an opportunity to sell cheaper tickets in there and have more quid a kid games etc, why wouldn't they feel part of it?

Done right and that whole corner, inside and outside the stand could be made kid friendly.

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Why would you put the Family Section i.e. The people who's very attendance the club will rely on in the future, in the sh*ttest part of the ground!? You want to make the kids feel part of it not bloody miles away from it! 

The club can continue to offer cheap family tickets while maximising the revenue from the SS.

45 minutes ago, phantom said:

That has to be a big factor in this - assumedly whatever happens someone else is going to be affected - lets hope they are dealt with correctly too

If I'm affected then so be it. If they said right everyone in S19 you gotta ship out then the least I'd expect is to be given priority on a seat transfer.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Please can I just point out that any thoughts of making Lower Dolman standing areas will affect views from A10 (Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area) and A11, for wheelchair users and their carers.

Don't believe that it will affect these areas

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Good, but I just wanted to make sure that concerns of a wheelchair user were not ignored, and I know that this has been suggested before.

The original plan was for there to be safe standing in the lower Dolman due to the Rugby lot wanting to stand on the side of the pitch. Until safe standing is allowed you have nothing to worry about.

Always winners and losers in moving fans but the atyeo doesn't work it never has, when the closed the east end you couldn't hear the atyeo even with the band trying to drum up sound

the acoustics in the south stand are far superior even giving the singers a corner, you will hear them better 

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

The club can continue to offer cheap family tickets while maximising the revenue from the SS.

This will mean that if S82 are moved to the South Stand then they will be expected to pay the going rate for a season ticket - I'm not sure that will stack up. 

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This will mean that if S82 are moved to the South Stand then they will be expected to pay the going rate for a season ticket - I'm not sure that will stack up. 

Be fair. S82 have never asked for cheap tickets, they got cheap tickets because they were in a crap part of the stadium.

So if the proposal is to move them to the SS, you'd imagine they'll be paying market rate for those seats, plus any fall in 'family revenue' this move might cost.

Just look at the sports bar, turns away paying customers every week so that SCAT can have their under-used area upstairs and they pay market rate for the facilities... Oh, hang on a minute....

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Be fair. S82 have never asked for cheap tickets, they got cheap tickets because they were in a crap part of the stadium.

So if the proposal is to move them to the SS, you'd imagine they'll be paying market rate for those seats, plus any fall in 'family revenue' this move might cost.

Just look at the sports bar, turns away paying customers every week so that SCAT can have their under-used area upstairs and they pay market rate for the facilities... Oh, hang on a minute....

Um sorry but the upstairs area in the sports bar hasn't been dedicated to the Supporters Club and Trust since last season. They've given it to Lansdown Club members. Just wanted to clear that up. :) 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Um sorry but the upstairs area in the sports bar hasn't been dedicated to the Supporters Club and Trust since last season. They've given it to Lansdown Club members. Just wanted to clear that up. :) 

So what facility are SCAT renting this season?

How am I meant to be OUTRAGED if things keep changing. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So what facility are SCAT renting this season?

How am I meant to be OUTRAGED if things keep changing. 

We're over on the opposite corner below the Heineken sign in the smallest of the 4 rooms. One is for match day guests, one for mascots, the big room has kids parties in it every game, and then we're in the other. 

We're waiting for the go ahead to go back into the bar within the Dolman that was the supporters club bar for years. We've got to spend money getting it back into a proper state because it was basically the contractors dumping ground whilst the redevelopment was going on. This isn't likely to happen this season now. 

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

We're over on the opposite corner below the Heineken sign in the smallest of the 4 rooms. One is for match day guests, one for mascots, the big room has kids parties in it every game, and then we're in the other. 

We're waiting for the go ahead to go back into the bar within the Dolman that was the supporters club bar for years. We've got to spend money getting it back into a proper state because it was basically the contractors dumping ground whilst the redevelopment was going on. This isn't likely to happen this season now. 

Sorry but I don't understand why you should. The club/contractors organised and made it a mess so they should sort it. 

15 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Sorry but I don't understand why you should. The club/contractors organised and made it a mess so they should sort it. 

Controversial. Please raise this tonight along with cheap season tickets in one of the best areas of the ground for S82. 

22 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Because that way it gives us some leverage that we can ask to remain in there long term if we've spent money on it. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Because that way it gives us some leverage that we can ask to remain in there long term if we've spent money on it. 

Has anyone been in there and costed it up? Or is it going to be a fan thing and we all turn up with paint brushes and litre tubs of matt emulsion and just get on it?

Will bring a flask of tea. 

Archived