IGNORED

Fans meeting with Bristol city on Wednesday evening

cider head

It was said previously that these meetings could be live streamed either on FB or Twitter/Periscope. The wifi should work in the Heineken as a Corporate area so there's literally no tech reason why this can't happen. It would be interesting if someone could ask and see if the BS reps agree. 

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It was said previously that these meetings could be live streamed either on FB or Twitter/Periscope. The wifi should work in the Heineken as a Corporate area so there's literally no tech reason why this can't happen. It would be interesting if someone could ask and see if the BS reps agree. 

It should happen. Firstly for inclusion and secondly for transparency. I admire anyone who gives up their time and make sure the effort to attend these meetings - this is no criticism of them at all. I feel however that the club try and make it as cut off as possible from everyone else to avoid difficult questioning and genuine accountability.

This makes all these meetings, including FAN, seem secretive and self-serving from the clubs point of view. Allows them to tick off the 'supporter engagement' box without actually being held to account.

22 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The club have been using Facebook Live for statue unveiling/Marina Dolman way opening...

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The club have been using Facebook Live for statue unveiling/Marina Dolman way opening...

There we go then, absolutely no reason for it not to be allowed. It would make the relevant proceedings much more open and inclusive as mentioned above as well as take away the mad scramble for the minutes, as the feed can be linked on here and easily accessed. (although minutes and outstanding actions would all still be publish anyway, obvs)

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

There we go then, absolutely no reason for it not to be allowed. It would make the relevant proceedings much more open and inclusive as mentioned above as well as take away the mad scramble for the minutes, as the feed can be linked on here and easily accessed. (although minutes and outstanding actions would all still be publish anyway, obvs)

The only 2 reasons I can imagine are either 1) someone doesn't want to be on camera or 2) something is discussed in the meeting that might be sensitive but not necessarily minuted eg for confidentiality purposes such as a player illness/injury/personal issue

If nothing of a sensitive nature is on the agenda and all present are agreed to be on camera, I see no reason why it can't go live.

5 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

The only 2 reasons I can imagine are either 1) someone doesn't want to be on camera or 2) something is discussed in the meeting that might be sensitive but not necessarily minuted eg for confidentiality purposes such as a player illness/injury/personal issue

If nothing of a sensitive nature is on the agenda and all present are agreed to be on camera, I see no reason why it can't go live.

Still waiting for the last set of FAN minutes to accurately reflect what was discussed.

It's almost as if FAN can't or won't represent, and there is no need for a NDA if the meetings are open to all.

I wanted to attend but the time means it is not possible. I have been an East End, Williams Atyeo ST holder and still wish to remain in this group of like minded fans.

If there going to move us then it needs to be on mass into one area and somewhere that if we stand all game is not blocking people's views. This will cause a fair bit of upheaval and resentment mainly because the club messed up the planning during the stadium build. Past caring now but the club can only do this one more time. As for ST prices, I will pay what the club asks, never been about the money.

8 hours ago, kmpowell said:

I wonder when the penny will drop that the club don't really want the niche vocal supporter groups of this ilk. You don't maker them enough money, it's as simple as that. On the whole you don't drink in the ground, you don't buy the food, you don't buy merchandise, and you also have the cheapest tickets.

I was one of the people who was in the EE when it re-opened in the late noughties (and a season ticket holder previously since the mid 90's), from that moment on all I witnessed was a battle with the club for everything, receiving nothing but lip-service in return, up until the point I moved to London in 2011 and I haven't bothered to return for a single game. Slowly over the years they have done their best to appease the group, whilst continuing with their plan to eradicate them and make it a money-making machine.

Modern football can't exist with fans like this, that is unless it serves their agenda. I remember the promotion the club made of the East-End, whilst at the same time being as inflexible as possible.

The sooner people sit back and accept the fact that home fans in the Atyeo corner was always going to be the last move before the big clear-out, the quicker the aims & objectives (which have clearly been there for years) of the club can happen.

You're fighting a losing battle.

So the club is prepared to lose 1000 or so fans just like that? Not like we fill the stadium is it.

On 03/01/2017 at 15:02, Dave said:

Please can I just point out that any thoughts of making Lower Dolman standing areas will affect views from A10 (Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area) and A11, for wheelchair users and their carers.

The Lower Dolman is supposed to be safe standing, so you would imagine views would be designed around that.

I went to the meeting this evening and thought it was very good and positive!! Shame there wasnt more there, but i think the points we needed to be raised were done successfully!! The club representatives were good and helpful in my eyes too!! Well done all for organising that, will definately be going to more in the future!!

5 minutes ago, Stockwood nick said:

I went to the meeting this evening and thought it was very good and positive!! Shame there wasnt more there, but i think the points we needed to be raised were done successfully!! The club representatives were good and helpful in my eyes too!! Well done all for organising that, will definately be going to more in the future!!

Great but what was said? Can you give a brief recap 

On 1/3/2017 at 20:48, Countryfile said:

I've thought  this many times, very poor facilities for away fans, 2,000 Reading fans, I wonder how much they spent in the ground, and how much they might have spent with more access to food and drink in or under the concourse?

But they can walk around the ground and buy a pint and pastie from anywhere for as long as they like before 3pm. We don't lose that much at h-t by them being restricted to inside the Atyeo.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

But they can walk around the ground and buy a pint and pastie from anywhere for as long as they like before 3pm. We don't lose that much at h-t by them being restricted to inside the Atyeo.

Very true, but as our club don't advertise this fact how would an opposition supporter know about it?

Would be much easier to take their money with better facilities inside the ground 

9 hours ago, London expats said:

Proposed by who the club or the fans !

I feel that many  SS season ticket holders may not be happy with this. Especially if people have to move again.

Can you elaborate

I weren't there, so I don't care so don't tell I tell ee!

But what I will say is that to my knowledge the vast majority of Atyeo fans are happy being in there so safe to assume it would be the club proposing the move to the SS.  Probably due to some segregation/safety concerns.

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think it would be fair to say this thread covers the main thing that was proposed re: Atyeo/SS

Did the club explain the logic for this move - e.g. is the Atyeo to be exclusively for away fans and where will the family section go?

24 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Did the club explain the logic for this move - e.g. is the Atyeo to be exclusively for away fans and where will the family section go?

The Atyeo is unlikely to be remaining in its current form for many more years, and so moving home fans out of there sooner rather than later (this would be the 6th move for the unreserved section I think) to give us a permanent home, makes the most sense. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The Atyeo is unlikely to be remaining in its current form for many more years, and so moving home fans out of there sooner rather than later (this would be the 6th move for the unreserved section I think) to give us a permanent home, makes the most sense. 

Even more intriguing, has SL bought the houses?

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Why the silence over this meeting?

Come on Dolly

There's no silence. I'm just crap at writing stuff so was waiting for someone else to. Plus nothing is set in stone yet. The club need to go away and have a think and they need to speak to the SAG before anything gets confirmed. We can't tell you what the plan is unless there definitely is one. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Can you expand a bit on what was suggested Dolls.

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You've let the cat out of the bag there!

Archived