IGNORED

Fans meeting with Bristol city on Wednesday evening

cider head

27 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Has anyone been in there and costed it up? Or is it going to be a fan thing and we all turn up with paint brushes and litre tubs of matt emulsion and just get on it?

Will bring a flask of tea. 

We've got a rough idea, but until the club get finished with their bit (they've got to make it safe in terms of electrics etc, install a bar (the old one got ripped out and we want to move the room round a bit) and install a lift for example, we won't know what we will have to do. 

30 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

We've got a rough idea, but until the club get finished with their bit (they've got to make it safe in terms of electrics etc, install a bar (the old one got ripped out and we want to move the room round a bit) and install a lift for example, we won't know what we will have to do. 

I have PM'd you my little Desert Rose

On 2 January 2017 at 17:34, Up The City! said:

Yet the other day you were saying how great it was how your managers etc get questioned on the radio, or does that only happen when your winning?

This isn't about our current form, this is about the fans and where they are to be located in the future. 

It certainly wasn't one of my posts.  The chief exec at the time went around with various personnel to local WMCs and they got cancelled as the chief exec didn't want the flak it would generate.   My misunderstanding of what it's about but I'd be amazed if it didn't drift onto football matters at some stage.  I think a lot of hindsight and part of a master plan has been dredged up by our fans because of our massive upturn in fortunes.  It got to the stage with a fair few fans where they'd be waiting to lose in order to give the excuse to sack him (and with some previous managers). I dare say it's got/getting to that stage at AG

8 hours ago, RedRaw said:

In my eyes and ears, the Atyeo corner just isn't working. I'm sure they will argue they are loud and creating an atmosphere but you just don't hear it enough in other parts of ground due to location and numbers. Other parts of the ground do pipe up every now and then but its too sporadic and short. When teams come down in numbers as they did yesterday, they totally out-sing/chant us.......even Reading!

The only answer is going back to the drawing board and look to jig things around ready for next season. Unfortunately, it may well mean some season tickets holders and specific groups moving but for me, the Ashton Gate atmosphere regardless of this bad run has been pretty poor and the club needs to consider how we can improve this especially as we keep being told we are the "12th man" blah-de-blah.

Move the family/kids local football clubs to S19/S20

Move the "Heineken Lounge" fans to S18

This way you move all the corporate, kids and family towards the West Stand

Any other fans displaced from S18/S19/S20 can be offered S24 or other available seats in SS

Make S27/S26/S25 unreserved for the "signing" element. This area could become safe standing if/when available ala Celtic

Forget the Atyeo pub idea and give over the bar area in the South/Dolman Corner to those fans for fitting out/decorating. You could also make the concourse area below (the big curved wall) a more "football" "city memorabilia" area.   

With the singing element in S27/S26/S25, it would mean occasional signers in S21 to S24 and E28/E29 etc are more likely to join in more often/longer ergo creating a better atmosphere

The away fans can rattle about in the Atyeo and have more concourse facilities

No pissing about with having to move home fans for big cup games

The club could retain storage/steward space under the Atyeo

The lower bowl would be more full, more often meaning the upper tier being opened up more often

Everyone's a winner :winner_third_h4h:

1000153.png

It is pretty much what I would like to see happen. Let's hope the club will be intelligent enough to see this potential. Also the Atyeo pub idea, why not make it an away fans pub? They are always wondering around ashton looking for a pub to drink in, more profit for the club. It could be used for other events on non match days too. 

20 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

It is pretty much what I would like to see happen. Let's hope the club will be intelligent enough to see this potential. Also the Atyeo pub idea, why not make it an away fans pub? They are always wondering around ashton looking for a pub to drink in, more profit for the club. It could be used for other events on non match days too. 

I've thought  this many times, very poor facilities for away fans, 2,000 Reading fans, I wonder how much they spent in the ground, and how much they might have spent with more access to food and drink in or under the concourse?

This quote from Mike in the stadium forum doesn't sound like s82 are going to be moving out of the Atyeo.

11 hours ago, Blagdon Mike said:

I am glad to say that the supporters bar under the Atyeo Stand is very much on the agenda - there is a group of fans and Bristol Sport reps busy drawing up the conditions under which supporters can decorate the area.   Likewise, we will need as much help as possible in designing the area and in the outcome - decorating the room exactly as we want it.  Other building at the stadium has taken precedence but both these projects are due to lift off this calendar year.  When they do, we will want to involve as many supporters a possible.  Watch this space!

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

This quote from Mike in the stadium forum doesn't sound like s82 are going to be moving out of the Atyeo.

I suppose we will just have to wait until tomorrow to see what the club have in mind for moving fans around. It is going to be very interesting. Pity I can't make it as it was announced with short notice and I have family arrangements.

43 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I've thought  this many times, very poor facilities for away fans, 2,000 Reading fans, I wonder how much they spent in the ground, and how much they might have spent with more access to food and drink in or under the concourse?

This in bundles.

We can rinse visiting fans. No discount, captive market and limited alternative.

Offer them a bit of televised action, maybe even a previous match of theirs on DVD and count the coins at 5pm.

2000 Reading with an average spend of a tenner a head on wet sales.... That's before they got involved with pies and snacks. Might even help reduce the police bill if they are all in one location 

11 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Sounds like Mike hasn't got a clue TBF and it very much seems that S82 will be leaving the Atyeo, relocating (probably to the SS) leaving a City themed pub in the Away End a non-starter. 

Im sure City will dictate exactly what this means in practical terms later on at this meeting in the Heineken Lounge. 

I would've thought that this thread would've been pinned to make sure maximum exposure was given to this, as it does seem quite important for those that will be affected. 

So I can't make it tonight as I'm not going to be able to get there from work, however to add some weight to anyone going. 

I'm and Atyeo ST holder and would prefer to move to the South Stand and would be more than happy to pay the going rate. Only if I couldn't stand would mean I would be against this.

I wonder when the penny will drop that the club don't really want the niche vocal supporter groups of this ilk. You don't maker them enough money, it's as simple as that. On the whole you don't drink in the ground, you don't buy the food, you don't buy merchandise, and you also have the cheapest tickets.

I was one of the people who was in the EE when it re-opened in the late noughties (and a season ticket holder previously since the mid 90's), from that moment on all I witnessed was a battle with the club for everything, receiving nothing but lip-service in return, up until the point I moved to London in 2011 and I haven't bothered to return for a single game. Slowly over the years they have done their best to appease the group, whilst continuing with their plan to eradicate them and make it a money-making machine.

Modern football can't exist with fans like this, that is unless it serves their agenda. I remember the promotion the club made of the East-End, whilst at the same time being as inflexible as possible.

The sooner people sit back and accept the fact that home fans in the Atyeo corner was always going to be the last move before the big clear-out, the quicker the aims & objectives (which have clearly been there for years) of the club can happen.

You're fighting a losing battle.

In an ideal ideal world, you would have City playing towards both 'ends'.

I appreciate now it is not possible with how the design has gone and with the directors moving to the Lansdown Upper, but positive support from both ends behind the goal, give either the top half or the bottom half of the Lansdown to away fans, redo the Atyeo in due course- Lansdown Stand already has facilities. Away fans up in the gods, less able to be heard and such. Was possibly a non starter for logistical reasons or others but I think that would have been quite ideal.

6 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Sounds like Mike hasn't got a clue TBF and it very much seems that S82 will be leaving the Atyeo, relocating (probably to the SS) leaving a City themed pub in the Away End a non-starter. 

Im sure City will dictate exactly what this means in practical terms later on at this meeting in the Heineken Lounge. 

I would've thought that this thread would've been pinned to make sure maximum exposure was given to this, as it does seem quite important for those that will be affected. 

I've always said that sadly at times one or twos thinking may be clouded by this Atyeo pub idea.

I think the club, by saying they are looking at s82 and the family section have given a strong indication that they want to swap the areas around. 

The Atyeo isn't a feasible long term solution imo. What happens if this pub gets built and a year or two the club say sorry you all got to pack your bags and leave?

There is a nice big space in the SS in the corner (our traditional home end)  where a fans pub could be created using one of those concessions. 

23 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

cheap season tickets in one of the best areas of the ground for S82. 

I am bemused by the link of so called cheap tickets and S82 as the cheap tickets so say was way back from the Eastend talks of 2006-07 to which no fan at any time asked for cheaper tickets, however the club offered cheaper so called tickets themselves and it knocked on from the EE to the Williams stand and on to the Atyeo, section 82 did not exsist through that period and was up and running by a few chaps well in to the start of the first season being in the Atyeo already set up for home fans, so to say S82 are asking for cheap tickets is not factual. The club and the club only priced it themselves.

7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Perhaps the pub will happen but maybe not in that venue/stand.

We shall soon be clearer on it.

13 minutes ago, cider head said:

I am bemused by the link of so called cheap tickets and S82 as the cheap tickets so say was way back from the Eastend talks of 2006-07 to which no fan at any time asked for cheaper tickets, however the club offered cheaper so called tickets themselves and it knocked on from the EE to the Williams stand and on to the Atyeo, section 82 did not exsist through that period and was up and running by a few chaps well in to the start of the first season being in the Atyeo already set up for home fans, so to say S82 are asking for cheap tickets is not factual. The club and the club only priced it themselves.

Using S82 as a catch-all. Could say Eastenders or Subbers or Shedenders but S82 is a tad quickr 

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Why don't you come down there and do it :D 

I'd have to bring the 8 year old though. He's a big City fan but will probably spend the entire time running the length of the Heineken Lounge and trying to dash out onto the balcony. 

That and asking where Aden Flint is (he's a big Flint fan).

Archived