IGNORED

Fans meeting with Bristol city on Wednesday evening

cider head

4 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I'm in the Atyeo and like the sound of moving to the South Stand corner. Does anyone know how many seats are in the area being suggested?

i doubt anything is concrete, but i'd guess around a block growing if interest grows, which is the good thing about it, fans won't be tied up by having away fans there,

but too early for anyone to say

Ah, great. A 'can do' culture developing amongst Club officials. 

Should've identified this location from Day 1....but I thought the Club trotted out excuses about the rake, the nearby community facilities, sight lines blah, blah. 

Having sat in the location on many occasions, absolute belter of a view and ideal location for the vocal support (though a bit distant from the away fans .. so the Lower Lansdown or Dolman will, no doubt, end up with a % of our lot).  

Now then, 'pay on the day' turnstiles and drinks tables in the concourses and fans village. You know it makes sense. It's not that painful to implement fans ideas now is it? You can even claim it was your ideas if that helps. 

4 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Ah, great. A 'can do' culture developing amongst Club officials. 

Should've identified this location from Day 1....but I thought the Club trotted out excuses about the rake, the nearby community facilities, sight lines blah, blah. 

Having sat in the location on many occasions, absolute belter of a view and ideal location for the vocal support (though a bit distant from the away fans .. so the Lower Lansdown or Dolman will, no doubt, end up with a % of our lot).  

Now then, 'pay on the day' turnstiles and drinks tables in the concourses and fans village. You know it makes sense. It's not that painful to implement fans ideas now is it? You can even claim it was your ideas if that helps. 

different people in charge and its was a bit harder due to the lansdown being built as well, but in hindsight I agree

In a 27000 seater stadium which is currently only about 70% used, it should not be a problem to accommodate the singers together in an area which could expand as and when needed. I sit in the SS and as has been said there is a good deal of singing and atmosphere in this stand already, although atm it is spread rather thinly. Many of us relocated from the Atyeo after the SS was built due to restrictions in the Atyeo so a chance to reunite and reignite the old Atyeo crowd with many of the old East End crowd can only be good for the overall atmosphere. Lets make the SS our version of The Kop at least until the Atyeo is redeveloped, as it surely will be one day soon.

• Admin

Am sure @Blagdon red will know the answer to this, as in the back of my mind I've read it in the past, but is there any indication to what interest there is for these rail seats?

Am sure it wouldn't be the case, BUT just say City installed 3k of them and only 200 people took up this area it wouldn't be worth it? - Any stats indicating current interest?

Assume as big an area would be changed as permitted as we are a "multi purpose" stadia now?

• SC&T Board Members
4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am sure @Blagdon red will know the answer to this, as in the back of my mind I've read it in the past, but is there any indication to what interest there is for these rail seats?

Am sure it wouldn't be the case, BUT just say City installed 3k of them and only 200 people took up this area it wouldn't be worth it? - Any stats indicating current interest?

Assume as big an area would be changed as permitted as we are a "multi purpose" stadia now?

I'm sure that like any other 'business' City would seek to match supply to demand. We know already that we have 1,000+ who like to stand even in an area not terribly well suited to the purpose, so there's a starting point. On top of that, I imagine that the club will survey supporters to see who else might be interested in standing in a rail seating section as and when it is allowed. Celtic did this as part of their ST renewal process in 2015 and 2016 and now have a 'waiting list' of over 3,000 for any expansion of the rail seating area that they may undertake in the future. Man Utd and Brighton have also recently done surveys in anticipation of rail seating being allowed before too long.

17 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Nope. It can be confusing, I know. The FAN (Fans' Advisory Network, formerly Fans' Parliament, formerly Supporters' Forum, if I recall correctly) is effectively a 'customer focus group' set up by the club / Bristol Sport to obtain 'customer feedback' and brainstorm future ideas.

The SC&T is the Supporters Club and Trust, a body wholly independent of the club / Bristol Sport, which works closely with the latter wherever possible in the interest of the fans, but which is also prepared to offer constructive criticism and to fight the fans' corner where necessary (e.g. earlier this season by getting the £1 booking fee taken off tickets printed at home or loaded onto cards). More details on our website.

And to confuse things even further good old Downsey introduced the Bristol City Community Trust's half time draw in the last match at said it was the Supporters Trust Draw!!!

And as far as where the singers should go, it sounds like they will be heading back to where they should have always been after the South Stand was built, the South Stand. I don't think you should have moved to the Williams for that season.

I would have done Eastend to Atyeo, Atyeo to South when it first opened not now having the problems of shoehorning yourselves into it. Pick and area, get together and organise yourselves and claimed it as your own! You would be now a well established, growing group rather than still be looking for a permanent base.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

And as far as where the singers should go, it sounds like they will be heading back to where they should have always been after the South Stand was built, the South Stand. I don't think you should have moved to the Williams for that season.

I would have done Eastend to Atyeo, Atyeo to South when it first opened not now having the problems of shoehorning yourselves into it. Pick and area, get together and organise yourselves and claimed it as your own! You would be now a well established, growing group rather than still be looking for a permanent base.

With my conspiracy hat on, they didn't want us rowdy lot over in that corner when the executives moved there the season that the Lansdown was being built. ;) 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

With my conspiracy hat on, they didn't want us rowdy lot over in that corner when the executives moved there the season that the Lansdown was being built. ;) 

No conspiracy dolls, clearly the case.

Now all the hospitality is available in the other corner and the LS you guys can take your rightful place.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Obviously not. But there was not a lot they could have done if you had got organised as I said and purchased tickets in a certain area! Too late now, and yes hindsight is wonderful.

I really hope you can get an area which suits everybody and is flexible so non regular attenders can join when they can. 

Just to put my 2 pennies worth in.

I was sat in the family corner last year with my nipper and dad but had to move this season as said nipper was too old.

Firstly, I agree that this is by far the best idea and putting the noisier element back into the middle of our support can only improve the atmosphere, it's a 'no brainer' as far as I'm concerned.

My fear is the persistent standing. As an old Eastender (going back to the 70's and onwards), I totally get the wish to stand but what I will say is that corner is properly steep in places and, (without safe standing) I wonder if the club would be putting themselves in danger of SAG compliance issues if S82 continue to stand should they move to that corner?

Secondly, I was thinking about the 'unreserved' thing where we would lose 10% (I believe) of capacity in that area. While that would be more than compensated for by the gaining of capacity in the away Atyeo, surely having a dedicated seat would mean more could join in?

Finally, I'm intrigued by Dolly's comment about 'completing the stadium'. I would assume that would mean knocking the Atyeo down and building another South stand structure at the park end of the ground? Whatever happened to 'right of light' for the houses behind or are the rumours that those houses are gradually being purchased true? Where would we put the away fans if this did happen out of interest?

As I said, I'm all for this move and purely asking questions that could cause issues moving forward.

• SC&T Board Members
55 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Just to put my 2 pennies worth in.

I was sat in the family corner last year with my nipper and dad but had to move this season as said nipper was too old.

Firstly, I agree that this is by far the best idea and putting the noisier element back into the middle of our support can only improve the atmosphere, it's a 'no brainer' as far as I'm concerned.

My fear is the persistent standing. As an old Eastender (going back to the 70's and onwards), I totally get the wish to stand but what I will say is that corner is properly steep in places and, (without safe standing) I wonder if the club would be putting themselves in danger of SAG compliance issues if S82 continue to stand should they move to that corner?

Secondly, I was thinking about the 'unreserved' thing where we would lose 10% (I believe) of capacity in that area. While that would be more than compensated for by the gaining of capacity in the away Atyeo, surely having a dedicated seat would mean more could join in?

Finally, I'm intrigued by Dolly's comment about 'completing the stadium'. I would assume that would mean knocking the Atyeo down and building another South stand structure at the park end of the ground? Whatever happened to 'right of light' for the houses behind or are the rumours that those houses are gradually being purchased true? Where would we put the away fans if this did happen out of interest?

As I said, I'm all for this move and purely asking questions that could cause issues moving forward.

I understand that both the matter of prolonged standing 'at moments of excitement' and any capacity reduction due to unreserved seating (which need not necessarily be imposed) will be discussed with the SAG prior to any final decision being taken on the potential relocation.

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Without doubt this is the most sensible post ever made on the forum 

Think the rake issue is partly balanced out by the greater legroom in that corner. Haven't seen too many incidences of surges down the Atyeo seating and doubt there would be in the South Stand.

Anyhow, no doubt the jobsworths will find some reason to claim a hypothetical catosprophie is in the making by people standing. Odd, given you stand in train carriages at 90mph to attend matches with the risk of being thrown out/down a carriage and killed, yet possibly  tripping over a seat and bruising your shin in the stadium and that's seen as a greater and actionable risk. 

Archived