IGNORED

Happy clappers

Alan Dicks

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Who assembled those players?

Abraham - Johnson, scored two goals, without him we'd be seriously worse off.

O'Dowda - Johnson, young and first season in the Championship.

Matthews - Johnson, better than our other options.

Brownhill - Another young player.

So four of our starting line up, all of whom have little to no experience in the Championship but includes our most prolific player.

I'm not saying Johnson has any get out of free jail card because of this but it's the players from Cotterills rule that should be shining now as they've had time and experience of the league. It's too easy to say "who chose those players" but a single season in charge, it's not a squad he's built, it's a squad he's patched over. The biggest annoyance is that whilst we did good business with Kodjia out for a large sum and a just as, if not more prolific striker in for nothing for the season it's that we've not strengthened the defence! Our defence as a whole just aren't working well and the midfield isn't defending them either. I think Lee could put 12 players out and we'd still leak goals, it's not his fault when he sets out a game plan and the players can't follow it. That said I'm guessing LJ isn't able to get the players to do this and that can be just as much an issue as the players being incapable.

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Disagree, we had some lucky points back then and a few ugly wins.

I personally saw weaknesses all over the park even then, it was only going to be a matter of time before teams worked out how to defeat us my friend.

I think LJ has to change some of his seriously frustrating tactics but he's not the main source of the problem IMO, I think he needs to find a team to suit Tomlin and stop bringing on Wilbraham.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Abraham - Johnson, scored two goals, without him we'd be seriously worse off.

O'Dowda - Johnson, young and first season in the Championship.

Matthews - Johnson, better than our other options.

Brownhill - Another young player.

So four of our starting line up, all of whom have little to no experience in the Championship but includes our most prolific player.

I'm not saying Johnson has any get out of free jail card because of this but it's the players from Cotterills rule that should be shining now as they've had time and experience of the league. It's too easy to say "who chose those players" but a single season in charge, it's not a squad he's built, it's a squad he's patched over. The biggest annoyance is that whilst we did good business with Kodjia out for a large sum and a just as, if not more prolific striker in for nothing for the season it's that we've not strengthened the defence! Our defence as a whole just aren't working well and the midfield isn't defending them either. I think Lee could put 12 players out and we'd still leak goals, it's not his fault when he sets out a game plan and the players can't follow it. That said I'm guessing LJ isn't able to get the players to do this and that can be just as much an issue as the players being incapable.

Johnson does have a get out of jail free card; he's called SL

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Players are spineless, LJ had tactics bang on first 60. He needs to change things of course but I think players are fully to blame for today. 

I would say I'm pretty supportive of LJ, not because of him specifically but I don't see how getting on any managers back helps anything. 

But I would say LJ created that collapse when he didn't swap like for like when O'Dowda came off. We were protecting our fullbacks really well (for once!) until he out Reid out on the right and then moved Bryan out to the wing. Suddenly they were pulling us all over the place down the flanks and our cms looked lost and stopped tracking runners. 

21 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

out of interest what has lj done so far to get your backing

First full season in the championship. 

Had one full transfer window.

losing by the one goal in most games.

creating chances. 

Believe me I'm losing patience but will give him till the end of February until I'm calling for him to get sacked. 

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Johnson does have a get out of jail free card; he's called SL

haha touché. You know what I mean though, he's made mistakes but he seems in a good frame of mind considering the run of form, he seems focused and isn't afraid to try new things, even if they are somewhat a let down. The players however, mainly defence and those with major defensive duties have a lot to answer for!

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey

Personally I'd tell him to roll with a 41212 diamond.

FF or IL

AM     AF    HM      SG

MP

KS JB

LT

TA and another

I thought he nailed the tactics first half, but awful defending for all of their goals, these aren't things he's told them to do it's just Flint and Matthews seriously switching off. It was so easy for him to pull off and finish, schoolboy striking.

6 minutes ago, Claude said:

First full season in the championship. 

Had one full transfer window.

losing by the one goal in most games.

creating chances. 

Believe me I'm losing patience but will give him till the end of February until I'm calling for him to get sacked. 

Do you go to games?

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Players are spineless, LJ had tactics bang on first 60. He needs to change things of course but I think players are fully to blame for today. 

How can you say that. He had us set up 4-1-4-1 at home FFS. Our best player on the bench. A right back playing centre half whilst our highly rated young centre half commentating on the radio as he couldn't even make the bench. O' Dowda gets injured. Who do you bring on. Paterson or Reid. You have to scream Paterson all day just to keep the shape of the side. But no, It was Reid. I despair

Anybody who thinks that sitting off of Reading at home (not Barca) like we had to, somehow managed to fluke a two goal lead but even then couldn't hang on to it is acceptable has lost the plot like LJ. I've been watching City 40 odd years and to have to set up like that against Reading takes the biscuit.

What is wrong with this club?  Proper basket case and riddled with poor decision makers from board right to player level - what a joke.

Don't settle for survival or mediocrity ffs - there is no reason we shouldn't be challenging in this league if we have decent management.....

I was worried about LJ being appointed having not actually having done anything in Management but wanted to give him a chance - he's failing and either needs to go or get some help!

1 hour ago, Wolfgang said:

Blinkered or just plain stupid, who are these pro LJ people? Look at the results - they speak for themselves, the manager has to carry the can. Do the decent thing Johnson and walk......

No managers walk...he has just signed a 5 year contract would you walk away with nothing when your sitting on that severance pay out...no you wouldn't so why are you accusing him of not doing the decent thing...

3 minutes ago, Claude said:

I do yes. Season ticket holder in the Atyeo, I was at Ipswich and today. 

Do you? 

I do, Atyeo too.

I don't understand your faith? Average L1 record, taken us from a winning streak when he joined to an absolute shambles now.

21 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I do, Atyeo too.

I don't understand your faith? Average L1 record, taken us from a winning streak when he joined to an absolute shambles now.

We were fantastic at the start of the season and now we're poor. Think we are somewhere inbetween looking at the bigger picture. Finding our feet in this league, setting the boundaries to progress in future years. 

If we lose against Forest and Cardiff then I may review but for now I'm backing LJ, the board and the players that this rot can get turned around. 

Ask me the question again in February. 

3 minutes ago, Claude said:

We were fantastic at the start of the season and now we're poor. Think we are somewhere inbetween looking at the bigger picture. Finding our feet in this league, setting the boundaries to progress in future years. 

If we lose against Forest and Cardiff then I may review but for now I'm backing LJ, the board and the players that this rot can get turned around. 

Ask me the question again in February. 

We were less fantastic than we were at the end of last, after spending 11m. He's never proven himself so I don't understand how, after this run, you can be faithful. 

Each to their own, and I hope I don't have to ask you again.

24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think it's really important to not attend matches in order to to ensure such a clear perspective. Well done OP- I'm sure you were with the other 18000of us in spirit.

#nob

In the interest of balance I wasn't there (did think about going, but sacrificing sleep between 2 night shifts wasn't going to make tonight any better than it will be) and I will back LJ further.

@Alan Dicks

Imagine if you had as much time and support as LJ at the start of the 80-81 season?!

Instead we replaced you with someone with experience of....Oh, hang on no we didn't we did the usual bird brain approach and got in the Manager of Malmo whose departing words remain with me until this day....."There is nothing more I can do!"

Archived