IGNORED

Happy clappers

Alan Dicks

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

@Alan Dicks

Imagine if you had as much time and support as LJ at the start of the 80-81 season?!

Instead we replaced you with someone with experience of....Oh, hang on no we didn't we did the usual bird brain approach and got in the Manager of Malmo whose departing words remain with me until this day....."There is nothing more I can do!"

Didnt he just love to wine and dine the birds at the clubs expense too

28 minutes ago, Griffin said:

We were less fantastic than we were at the end of last, after spending 11m. He's never proven himself so I don't understand how, after this run, you can be faithful. 

Each to their own, and I hope I don't have to ask you again.

imo I thought we were playing fast paced attacking football and never gave up (hence the late goals) 

now for whatever reason that has gone. 

I'm very much back a manager rather that sack after 6 months, get another in, stay up, sack again after 6 months. The cycle last time we were in this league. 

But yeah each to their own, I hope you don't ask the question again. enjoy the rollercoaster season. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Matthews ain't better than premier league bound Luke Ayling, who LJ got rid of....

Most city fans were happy with Matthews in Ayling out. Add in the fact of ' Cheltenham  fisaco' and the £1million fee for a out of contract player at end of season , it's a decision I would back at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why is his opinion pathetic? Like it or not, he's entitled to one...

And our recent record suggests it's not surprising that people want a change of manager...

I'm not arguing against his opinion that he wants Johnson out. In fact I might be starting to share that opinion.

It's his smug and divisive "told you so" attitude towards those who have defended Johnson until now that I have a problem with.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not arguing against his opinion that he wants Johnson out. In fact I might be starting to share that opinion.

It's his smug and divisive "told you so" attitude towards those who have defended Johnson until now that I have a problem with.

Bang on. I'd never criticise anyone for their opinion as long as I could see why they hold it even if I didn't agree.

It's the smug, almost gleeful gloating that's the issue, which is why you get the suggestions that certain people on here would rather LJ failed just to be proved 'right'.

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Most city fans were happy with Matthews in Ayling out. Add in the fact of ' Cheltenham  fisaco' and the £1million fee for a out of contract player at end of season , it's a decision I would back at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

There you go again - 'most City fans were happy with Matthews in Ayling out...' - did you personally ask all of our 40,000 fan base their opinion on this?!

I don't know anyone who was happy with that 'swap' but then I wouldn't presume to know what 'most' City fans think - and neither can you.

There is only a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of City fans who are active on this forum, so if it's views on here that you are basing your opinion on then your research is flawed...

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Same players that were flying in 6th after 15 games. They've stopped performing. He needs to change things but as of recently they haven't been good enough.

All he has done is "change things". A minimum of four changes every game has caught up with us. The Staff need to work out a team and formation and stick with it for a few games. Get a rhythm going. We look like we are playing on the hoof...in fact today it was all hoof.....up to Reading's back four and off we go chasing the ball again!!

It really doesn't surprise me that people want to see a change of manager, just as it doesn't that people don't. 

I don't consider myself to be a "happy clapper" just because at this moment in time I think we should stick. Yes, today's finish to the game was unacceptable. The players will know that, the manager knows that. When I saw the line up against an in form Reading I'll be the first to admit I thought no chance. I thought we were going to get smashed. Then to my disbelief we found ourselves 2 0 up with some players having some of their best games for quite a while. Yeah it wasn't pretty and certainly nervy having to watch Reading have much of the ball but we were so disciplined or at least giving everything and could have gone 3 up if Korey had been more composed. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and maybe he could and should have made different subs but I do think overall it comes down to the basic fact that we lack enough of the right type of players which I'm hoping is corrected over January under stable management. 

We are very close to being more than just competitive but I do think some stability is needed even though at this moment it's incredibly hard to keep believing.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There you go again - 'most City fans were happy with Matthews in Ayling out...' - did you personally ask all of our 40,000 fan base their opinion on this?!

I don't know anyone who was happy with that 'swap' but then I wouldn't presume to know what 'most' City fans think - and neither can you.

There is only a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of City fans who are active on this forum, so if it's views on here that you are basing your opinion on then your research is flawed...

I base it on where I sit and who I speak to there, my mates family workmates and views on here ? Easily most were happy with swap and you are just being mr hindsight which is easy to do now.

3 hours ago, Claude said:

First full season in the championship. 

Had one full transfer window.

losing by the one goal in most games.

creating chances. 

Believe me I'm losing patience but will give him till the end of February until I'm calling for him to get sacked. 

Who cares if we lose by one goal or ten? The result is the same - nul points

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I base it on where I sit and who I speak to there, my mates family workmates and views on here ? Easily most were happy with swap and you are just being mr hindsight which is easy to do now.

I am not talking with hindsight, I said back then that I was gutted that Luke was allowed to leave, I said on here back then he'd be one of the first on my team sheet.

So you're basing 'most City fans' on the views of your mates, family and work colleagues. There's quite a few thousand more out there....

3 hours ago, Claude said:

First full season in the championship. 

Had one full transfer window.

losing by the one goal in most games.

creating chances. 

Believe me I'm losing patience but will give him till the end of February until I'm calling for him to get sacked. 

F*** me backwards! We`ll be up to our goolies in the stinky stuff by then!

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bang on. I'd never criticise anyone for their opinion as long as I could see why they hold it even if I didn't agree.

It's the smug, almost gleeful gloating that's the issue, which is why you get the suggestions that certain people on here would rather LJ failed just to be proved 'right'.

Indeed. Whatever you might say about LJ at the moment - and frankly there have to be serious question marks over his future given our current form - he nonetheless is someone who clearly feels a massive affinity for the club and who is not here just as another job but because we are the club that he really wants to manage.  What's more, he also gave us five years service as a player, was part of the team got us to the play-off and always spoke positively about the club and the fans despite the flack he got from some supporters.   That's not to say he didn't clearly have limitations as a player or that he isn't clearly struggling as the manager.  Something has to change for sure but I really feel he deserves to be treated with a bit more respect and dignity than he is being treated by some people on these boards.

Obviously that's not unique to him. I wasn't massively keen on the way some people spoke of Cotts in his last months in the job or - terrible though they were - O'Driscoll and McInnes before that.  I just think there's ways that people can criticise the manager and call for him to be sacked without falling into personal insults or slagging off fans that take a different view and there's a bit too much of that on OTIB.  I guess it's the nature of the internet though...

42 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. Whatever you might say about LJ at the moment - and frankly there have to be serious question marks over his future given our current form - he nonetheless is someone who clearly feels a massive affinity for the club and who is not here just as another job but because we are the club that he really wants to manage.  What's more, he also gave us five years service as a player, was part of the team got us to the play-off and always spoke positively about the club and the fans despite the flack he got from some supporters.   That's not to say he didn't clearly have limitations as a player or that he isn't clearly struggling as the manager.  Something has to change for sure but I really feel he deserves to be treated with a bit more respect and dignity than he is being treated by some people on these boards.

Obviously that's not unique to him. I wasn't massively keen on the way some people spoke of Cotts in his last months in the job or - terrible though they were - O'Driscoll and McInnes before that.  I just think there's ways that people can criticise the manager and call for him to be sacked without falling into personal insults or slagging off fans that take a different view and there's a bit too much of that on OTIB.  I guess it's the nature of the internet though...

Spot on

O'Dowda for Reid was clearly a mistake, but biggest difference was Reading bringing on Liam Kelly. Really upped their tempo and was buzzing all over the place, real pain in the asre to defend against. Didn't understand bringing on Wilbs, would have been good to bring on an extra CB like Moore to shadow Kelly.... 

On 02/01/2017 at 18:10, Claude said:

We were fantastic at the start of the season and now we're poor. Think we are somewhere inbetween looking at the bigger picture. Finding our feet in this league, setting the boundaries to progress in future years. 

If we lose against Forest and Cardiff then I may review but for now I'm backing LJ, the board and the players that this rot can get turned around. 

Ask me the question again in February. 

Said I'd review after Cardiff and Forest. 

He needs to go. It's a massive shame as I wanted him to be a success but for the sake of not being relegated, he needs to step down. 

Archived