IGNORED

Korey Smith today...

spudski

....I'm not one to slag off players normally...but when will this guy ever get a foot in? C'mon Korey FFS...standing off your man by two yards threatening to actually do something, then letting them make a pass does not make you a Defensive Midfielder...Grow some will you.

cute_dog_afraid_of_a_tennis_ball-46326.gif

6 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Funny because whenever he is injured\suspended\dropped he becomes the second coming of Christ and people cant wait to have him back.

A very limited player

I think that's harsh.  In both our promotion season and last season he was absolutely vital to us.  He's really struggled this season and I hope that's a fitness thing he can pull around (rather than the start of a Marvin Elliott-esque decline) but it's unfair not to acknowledge how well he's played the two seasons before this one.  That said, for me, Pack and Brownhill should be ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.  Real shame how off the pace he has been.

9 minutes ago, reddoc said:

We know how good he is. This is one occasion where you can genuinely say he's not match fit, His reaction time's fractionally short and he knows it. Grow some is unnecessary. Bit sad coming from you Spud

I'm fed up with the guy just doing what that dog is doing...he gives way too much respect to the opposition, and when he does try to tackle, he usually mis times it and gives away a free kick. When holding off a player...you don't give them as much space as he does...you harri them into making a mistake or pass backwards. Too often he allows a player to make a decent pass. That isn't down to being unfit...as he's done that when fit as well. He's offered nothing this season. In fact all our DM players are all lacking at this level imo.

3 minutes ago, redapple said:

Time to move on. Not same player since injury . No room for sentiment. 

Not really sentiment is it. Just common sense. 

Player is best in squad for 2 seasons running. Has bad 10 games... yeh, lets **** him off. Chelsea should have ****** off Cech when he smashed his skull in. 

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm fed up with the guy just doing what that dog is doing...he gives way too much respect to the opposition, and when he does try to tackle, he usually mis times it and gives away a free kick. When holding off a player...you don't give them as much space as he does...you harri them into making a mistake or pass backwards. Too often he allows a player to make a decent pass. That isn't down to being unfit...as he's done that when fit as well. He's offered nothing this season. In fact all our DM players are all lacking at this level imo.

Sounds a lot like an excuse for LJ to me. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Sounds a lot like an excuse for LJ to me. 

Everyone blames the manager for losses mate...it's about time some of the players took responsibility.

LJ's not perfect...but he's at least honest and suffering just as much as us.

Lack of quality and experience is killing us at the moment.

Hopefully the new recruits will change fortunes and bring confidence back.

Some thoughts:

1. We have let in 8 goals in 3 games and look like we are going to concede whenever the ball goes into the box. For me, Smith has not recovered from his ankle injury and he is a shadow of himself. Do not get why he suddenly re-appeared in the first team.

2. Pack should have played. Cannot understand why he was dropped.

3. Matthews at CB was a joke with Moore in the stand.

4. For an experienced player, I still feel we should expect more from Flint.

5. The team are too easily bullied and that is because we have a lightweight midfield.

6. The subs today were poor. As soon as Bobby Reid came on he looked like a little boy lost. Playing Wilbs was a strange one.

7. WTF has Engvall done to Johnson.

8. Not playing Tomlin is a joke.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think you're quite right. This season. Completely disagree that he does this when he's fit. That's absurd. He's the one midfielder you rely on to get a foot in and break up play. Hold it up make the short incisive pass. Needs game time. Especially in this role.

Everyone blames the manager for losses mate...it's about time some of the players took responsibility.

Slightly off topic, but can you explain the Wilbs for Freeman change today :blink:

But by your own admissions LJ's signings  have bad attitudes and now DM's aren't good enough. 

There has to come a point at which you accept LJ has to shoulder some responsibility. 

I don't recall you stepping up to defend Cotterill when Flint was making mistakes week in week out. 

Archived