IGNORED

Korey Smith today...

spudski

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's my view too mate...

It's so frustrating...everyone is. It saddened me to see so many boo and walk out early today.

Whatever happened to that backs to the wall mentality when Benny was in charge...

Everyone needs to show support not find ways of ripping the club up again, however frustrated we all are.

Spud,I think you are my City Doppleganger :laugh:.  Benny was great, introduced so many young players to the team that we lived off for 6 or 7 years. Derided as a thing of fun by many, but for me, in what he did for our club,he was up there with Cooper.  He laid foundations,but dumped too easily

16 minutes ago, TRL said:

Indeed, I think we have some good raw talent, it needs building on,not ripping up and disposed of when a new manager comes in.

Surely though TRL , in our new set up there should be no reason to 'rip up' any raw talent , as MA repeatedly told us , the idea is any future Head Coach would be expected to work with and build on what we have already

Now I except , (and Spud will correctly point out !) ,that may rule out some types / candidates but it certainly doesn't mean LJ is irreplaceable

Think SL has his biggest call for some years , having publicly and obviously backed  Lee as the new bright thing !

7 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Everyone needs to show support not find ways of ripping the club up again, however frustrated we all are.

You are slagging players off in posts spudski. that is not support!!!!!

This is a Forum for everyone's opinions , and debate - tSupport during the 90mins is a totally different thing and I'm sure Spud as most on the forum , whatever and however they debate on here , are all behind the side come match time

COYR

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Surely though TRL , in our new set up there should be no reason to 'rip up' any raw talent , as MA repeatedly told us , the idea is any future Head Coach would be expected to work with and build on what we have already

Now I except , (and Spud will correctly point out !) ,that may rule out some types / candidates but it certainly doesn't mean LJ is irreplaceable

Think SL has his biggest call for some years , having publicly and obviously backed  Lee as the new bright thing !

You would think that, but look at our last 3 managers, all under that mantra,

11 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Bobbobsuperbob in spudskis first post he says ....I'm not one to slag off players normally...

He then slags Smith off and in another post Bryan. that is not showing support.

Fair enough

We will have to disagree about use of the word 'support' though ;)

You could 'slag off' or criticise a player on here but still give %100 support come matchtime

'Blind faith' (And I'm not suggesting that's something you display) is support , but likely to be misguided 

;)

18 minutes ago, TRL said:

You would think that, but look at our last 3 managers, all under that mantra,

Fair comment - SL needs to decide his overall strategy and stick with it , if that means firing Lee and properly recruiting a Head Coach to perform that role , under a set philosophy , more efficiently , then so be it

14 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Bobbobsuperbob in spudskis first post he says ....I'm not one to slag off players normally...

He then slags Smith off and in another post Bryan. that is not showing support.

Agreed...it's called constructive criticism. Asking for players to do better and pointing out weaknesses can be constructive. As is pointing out, that they may not be good enough anymore...something that LJ has also alluded too about players.

I'll still support whoever is playing on the pitch though.

It's quite sad to see Smith's demise ,Smith of last season would of thrived in sweeping up lose passes  and making  sliding interceptions. so I can see why LJ attempted him in this role. He really wasn't effective in this role he seemed isolated between both the two CB's behind him and CM's in front of him.

Smith was chasing ghosts and was carried by the team , this was plain to see so the only reason I  see why LJ kept him there was cover the lack of pace between Flint and Matthews....

Pack should of been in this role but given the Bench LJ decided on I would of Brought on Paterson for O'Dowda and then Reid for Smith, Getting Reid to press with Tammy. This in itself would of pushed us further up the pitch.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair comment - SL needs to decide his overall strategy and stick with it , if that means firing Lee and properly recruiting a Head Coach to perform that role , under a set philosophy , more efficiently , then so be it

I am happyish for management change,but we were sold on if manager is removed everything else stays the same, I see the Spanish bloke go, I see whathisface go our ex midfielder :) I see Holden come in and the potential for Pemberton to go, I see lots of the young players bought in by Cotterill go.

For me SL and the board change at a whim,but sell the same story and then fudge the the back story toit with every maangement change.

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

I am happyish for management change,but we were sold on if manager is removed everything else stays the same, I see the Spanish bloke go, I see whathisface go our ex midfielder :) I see Holden come in and the potential for Pemberton to go, I see lots of the young players bought in by Cotterill go.

For me SL and the board change at a whim,but sell the same story and then fudge the the back story toit with every maangement change.

Totally agree

I thought that the idea was to recruit the best , excellence in each role

The appointment of Lee smacked of SLs choice rather than getting the very best Head Coach available and the recruitment of Holden is clearly someone LJ likes , respects I would hope ,and gets on with , rather than headhunting the best coach for said role

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree

I thought that the idea was to recruit the best , excellence in each role

The appointment of Lee smacked of SLs choice rather than getting the very best Head Coach available and the recruitment of Holden is clearly someone LJ likes , respects I would hope ,and gets on with , rather than headhunting the best coach for said role

yep.  The spiel from the board is a load of BS, and they change they story with every management change... But so many people fall for it because SL is minted and great.

How long before the majority see through it, and see we flop to one **** up to the next like 90% of other clubs, even those without the financial backing we have. 

Archived