IGNORED

Where is Mark Ashton?

David Brent

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Just watched it and don't want to appear negative but he completely avoided the question when the signing of Engvall was brought up, yet name checked every other player that was mentioned in it.

This then wasn't picked up in any sort of follow up question at all.

Otherwise it was a lot of smart "industry speak" and clearly after a week when we've brought in 3 new players things appear to be rosier (off the pitch) anyway..

Noticed that too. Annoying because I thought he was about to give an answer when the players were listed but didn't. It was obviously an elephant in the room during the interview.

I like Ashton and feel lots more confident in our ability to get good deals now he's here. Hope these three new signings make an impact straight away. 

In my opinion, Mark Ashton is gong to be the linchpin to our success as a club. He hasn't put a foot wrong with what he is saying and he actually backs it up with his actions. We all agreed with the signings made in the summer and the purchases so far this month. I can see what we're doing and it's going to take 2 or 3 seasons for it to fall into place. You watch our squad expand this window. I full expect at least another 3 players to come. When I say another 3, I'm not saying first teamers, but a mixture of experienced pros and fringe under 23 players. 

I fully believe that Hodor, Moore, Engvall, Brownhill and O'dowda were bought into the club as "ones for the future", which MA backs up with what he said about Hodor. This gives the club a REALLY solid base of talented young players that have time and potential to become excellent and let's not forget valuable (in terms of money) players. With the signings of the more "experienced pros" not really working out in Ekstrand, Patterson, Matthews and to an extent O'Neil, we've had to throw some of the fringe players in earlier than expected. So who can blame the team for being a bit shakey until we fill the gaps, which we have started to do with Wright, Hegeler and Djuric. Don't forget, the Kodja transfer left a bigger hole than expected. I honestly believe that LJ doesn't want to play 1 up top, however, we simply haven't got the personnel to play any other viable way. 

Overall, what I'm trying to say is, look at the overall picture of what Mark Ashton is trying to build. It's going to take time, but my god, look how exciting our squad is starting to look. All this club needs is some patience. The only thing that is going to mess this project up is our own impatient fans that can't see further than their own noses. 

Exciting time indeed thanks to Mark Ashton and let's not forget Steve Landsdown. 

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Just watched it and don't want to appear negative but he completely avoided the question when the signing of Engvall was brought up, yet name checked every other player that was mentioned in it.

This then wasn't picked up in any sort of follow up question at all.

True, but to be fair LJ took Engvall questions head on in his press conference, and said it is likely we'll see more of him from now, as was bedding in/dealing with injuries, and he LJ now feels we've the right sort of forward foil to play him off.

Engvall's apparent under use has been maddening, but credit to LJ for being open about that, even if Ashton didn't speak about it.

The only thing I wish he was asked - what is the cubs footballing philosophy. What is the Bristol City style. We train youngsters from kids to full pro's what are they being taught is our Way..... Managers, players, staff come and go, but the core of the club is supposed to stay on course no matter these changes... 

18 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The only thing I wish he was asked - what is the cubs footballing philosophy. What is the Bristol City style. We train youngsters from kids to full pro's what are they being taught is our Way..... Managers, players, staff come and go, but the core of the club is supposed to stay on course no matter these changes... 

Granted it doesn't mention 'Style'...as that usually depends what coach is in charge...but the Academy Philosophy will be the same as the first team.

At Bristol City FC, we are one club. Our collective Vision, is to become the premier club of the South-west, to be innovative in our practices and design, and achieve sustainable, repeatable success at the highest level, with a squad built on a core of home-grown talent.

To accelerate towards our Vision, our Mission is to:

• Continue to develop and optimise our talent.
  • Identify and attract talent into our system.
  • To plan and build our new training ground, with first class facilities, to strengthen our club.
  • To develop and maintain a structure with clear role profiles, responsibilities and performance measures to track progress against our objectives.

The Vision of the Academy links directly to that of the Club, to have a first team squad built with a core of home-grown talent.

At Bristol City Football Club, we believe in our core values. These represent who we are, and how we work. Our Values run through the club, from entry at U7, through our First Team Players and all Staff representing our Club and our City.

Our values are:

academyvalues.jpg

These values come together to represent our players and staff. Our new stadium at Ashton Gate symbolises the beginning of this journey.

Playing Philosophy

inpossession.jpg
outpossession.jpg

playingphilosophymanage.jpg

25 minutes ago, spudski said:

Granted it doesn't mention 'Style'...as that usually depends what coach is in charge...but the Academy Philosophy will be the same as the first team.

At Bristol City FC, we are one club. Our collective Vision, is to become the premier club of the South-west, to be innovative in our practices and design, and achieve sustainable, repeatable success at the highest level, with a squad built on a core of home-grown talent.

To accelerate towards our Vision, our Mission is to:

• Continue to develop and optimise our talent.
  • Identify and attract talent into our system.
  • To plan and build our new training ground, with first class facilities, to strengthen our club.
  • To develop and maintain a structure with clear role profiles, responsibilities and performance measures to track progress against our objectives.

The Vision of the Academy links directly to that of the Club, to have a first team squad built with a core of home-grown talent.

At Bristol City Football Club, we believe in our core values. These represent who we are, and how we work. Our Values run through the club, from entry at U7, through our First Team Players and all Staff representing our Club and our City.

Our values are:

academyvalues.jpg

These values come together to represent our players and staff. Our new stadium at Ashton Gate symbolises the beginning of this journey.

Playing Philosophy

inpossession.jpg
outpossession.jpg

playingphilosophymanage.jpg

Reminds me of the corporate mumbo jumbo that I get bombarded with, at work!

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

The answer to this thread's question is easy now to answer, and to answer in such a way as to satisfy all shades of Otib opinion

answer = MA is all over the place (take that in any way you like)

What like in a ... 'He's here, he's there, he's every ****'ing where' ... kinda way?

Archived