IGNORED

Taylor Moore @ Bury (Merged)

Smokey

I think this is a really, really good move for him. There's no denying a relegation battle in the division below will be a superb, character-building and tough experience.

Personally, I'm still expecting big things from Taylor Moore. And this will do him a whole lot better than being sat on our bench behind Flint, Magnusson, Wright and even Hegeler.

I'd describe myself as surprised rather than angry as, whilst I didn't see the Ipswich game, I thought up to then he was pushing hard for a place in the first XI.  But obviously he's got Bailey Wright ahead of him now and, if he gets regular football, then good for him.  I really rate the lad though and I  hope this has been done in a way that builds his confidence and where he feels he is getting an opportunity rather than alienating him and making him feel unwanted.  From the outside, the situation with Matthews being picked ahead of him and him out of the squad on Monday looked quite poorly-handled but appearances can be deceptive and I hope that was the case here.

13 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

The bloke should be playing for us imo

Instead of who? Realistically he's not going to displace Flint, Magnusson or Wright anytime soon. He's not a right back either so won't be competing with Little/Matthews.

I imagine that Bury have guaranteed him starts hence why we've chosen them. That's much better for his development than sitting on the bench/being in the u23's every week.

I was mystified about his non inclusion in the squad on Monday but this loan is a different matter I think this is a good move for him.

11 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

The bloke should be playing for us imo

We've just signed a CB with championship experience, and Taylor continues his development with first team football. 

Whats not to like? 

He's a young kid and has a bright future ahead of him. The loan will do him good. 

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Our cheque book, our new lovely stadium, plus the fact that we won't go down are enough to convince...

I think you are probably right, but just looking at the table we would not at first glance look an attractive option

Taylor is a 19 year CB with 3-4 English appearances ever. Don't look at the fee we paid for him. Look at his CV. He's the same age as Vyner. Look at him like an academy product. He needs games in England and he's going into a dogfight with a L1 side. This will do him the world of good. Now if he's on their bench then I'd complain but if he's starting every week for them then it'll be a loan spell that can propel him to a starting spot with us next season. Even then he'll be 20. There is no rush with Taylor Moore. 

If didn't want to play him in a relegation battle here, why send him on loan to another relegation threatened club with a lower standard of football. Surely he would benefit more being alongside Flint et al. 

At least send him to a club that has a chance of good football. Coventry would have been a good destination or charlton

4 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If didn't want to play him in a relegation battle here, why send him on loan to another relegation threatened club with a lower standard of football. Surely he would benefit more being alongside Flint et al. 

At least send him to a club that has a chance of good football. Coventry would have been a good destination or charlton

Because it's their relegation battle. He can learn from his mistakes without it affecting us.

Archived