IGNORED

Taylor Moore @ Bury (Merged)

Smokey

6 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If didn't want to play him in a relegation battle here, why send him on loan to another relegation threatened club with a lower standard of football. Surely he would benefit more being alongside Flint et al. 

At least send him to a club that has a chance of good football. Coventry would have been a good destination or charlton

He's much better off starting games, I think he'd have had a few suitors but maybe we chose Bury as they guaranteed him starts. At Coventry he might not have got games which doesn't help as much.

I like many are mystified about his exclusion at home to Reading. It would appear the loaning club , in this case Bury, has been given preferential treatment over our own plight. We need to be far more selfish and put our club first! Common sense somewhat lacking on Monday!!

As for this loan move for him, common sense prevails for once ( maybe the powers to be are learning as well), better he gets good experience and game time than sit out warming the bench here. Lets hope he comes back ,hard as nails, 2 inches taller and full of muscle. - or am I dreaming of Bobby Moore?

24 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If didn't want to play him in a relegation battle here, why send him on loan to another relegation threatened club with a lower standard of football. Surely he would benefit more being alongside Flint et al. 

At least send him to a club that has a chance of good football. Coventry would have been a good destination or charlton

Surely Coventry are in a relegation battle?

He's only a week older than Zak Vyner and only had 4 first team appearances to his name prior to signing.

He was an exciting signing because he came from a relatively big foreign club and is an U20 international, but he's no more experienced than Vyner, who also showed that he has promise but isn't yet ready.

It's not as if we've signed a full international with Premier League experience and let him go out on loan. He's a kid, and not much further down the line than any of our own.

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

He wouldn't get a game at Charlton and probably not at Coventry.

What makes you think they are looking for a young untried centre back anyway ?

I would think that he'll get plenty of games at Bury.

if you don't think he would play at charlton or Coventry, he must be a lot further from our first team than I thought

His exclusion from the line up against Reading has been much discussed. I don't pretend to understand the reasoning myself, but I would say that the most reasonable idea I can think of is that LJ saw the line up as the best way to get all his most experienced defenders onto the pitch to try and get us a result at last. The fact that it ultimately led to failure has encouraged him to find even more experience.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Of all the places bury ?? Wow not often bury get a England u20's captain on loan Probaly for naff all. IMO he should be here at least in match day squad if not challenging for a starting place.

He'll learn so much there playing men's football every week instead of sitting on our bench or playing with the u23's. There's no substitute and it'll help him develop fast ready for next season.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He'll learn so much there playing men's football every week instead of sitting on our bench or playing with the u23's. There's no substitute and it'll help him develop fast ready for next season.

But not bury. Send him to plymouth. They done a good job with joe Bryan and bobby Reid and Gartia ? And it's closer to bristol to keep an eye on him .

I think he should be in the first-team, but purely because we seem to be leaking goals at key points. Sometimes, a change of personnel is needed, and I think he should've been given a chance a few games ago.

With that being said, if he'll get a regular run of games it can only be good for him. He seems to be a genuine talent, so if anything leaving it this long to loan him out has probably done more harm than good.

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think some will be - out of habit.

Another stick to beat LJ / MA with, I guess

He's a kid. And if someone mentions being England U19 captain again......name me the last 5 Eng U19 captains. Doesn't mean that much in 5 years time, albeit a wonderful accolade to TM currently and something he should be incredibly proud of

He's obviously a bright kid as well, enjoyed him on the radio the other day. I'm sure he sees the sense behind the move too

It seems to me that we spent upwards of a million on moore, and we today we spent another 500k on a more experienced replacement who presumably is coming straight in to play. Im all for building a squad but we just arent in a position to throw that money around on players as prospects for the future - and his route into the first team is further blocked for the future. It also appears ro me that we gave oneill a fat contract to be our experienced midfield general but thats not working out so we had to buy hegeler in to see if he can carry out that job. Same with engvall who cost millions, and the same with paterson who isnt playing and who ashton and lj signed. I hope someone is accountable for these signings

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

Do Plymuff need a centre back ?

Or do we just snap our fingers and tell them to play him every game ?

I think they might want the England u20 centre back , don't u think?  

And like Chelsea done with us if tammy doesn't start games we should be able to tell bury that if he doesn't start games we want him back.

19 minutes ago, Spoons said:

But not bury. Send him to plymouth. They done a good job with joe Bryan and bobby Reid and Gartia ? And it's closer to bristol to keep an eye on him .

It's a higher standard of football in league 1. This isn't the 1960s anymore, it's easy to keep an eye on him in Bury. He needs to be playing at the highest standard his ability warrants as regularly as possible. Hopefully he's starting at Bury and I'd like to think they've assured us he will be. It won't be easy for him up there and it'll improve him much more for it.

It's no different to when we had Caulker or Danny Rose, and it certainly didn't do them any harm, Caulkers poor choices since weren't our fault. We are loaning him to get experience, yes we'd all like to see more of him, patience people.

Look how some of our confident, experienced players faltered when we made to step up into the achampionship, many we thought would shine had a very tough time, he's even less experienced. 

As for not playing on Monday, perhaps the loan was already in place, any injury might have scuppered that? Crap reason, but odder things have happened.

Yes, he's going into a relegation scrap, he's a defender so no better place to learn.

Bury are very lucky, like we were with Caulker, look after him Bury as we will want him back one day.

41 minutes ago, cynic said:

We've just got another centre back and sent Moore on loan - I think he is quite a distance from being in the first team.

Getting a loan club at that level for a teenager with 4(?) senior games must be difficult, the club have done well imo.

It should do him the world of good.

I was just surprised you did not think he would get into their sides they are hardly setting league 1 alight are they

26 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Why send him to L2 when a L1 club wants him?

The difference between Plymouth and bury is Probaly about 8 places!! I think it's better being in a team at the top of the league than one shopping goals every game and on a losing run like bury. Only my opinion

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

The difference between Plymouth and bury is Probaly about 8 places!! I think it's better being in a team at the top of the league than one shopping goals every game and on a losing run like bury. Only my opinion

But when considering the calibre of opposition the difference is up to 48 places...makes one hell of a difference.  Bloody good move for him.  In my opinion.

28 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They've got the joint second best defence in L2. Why are they going to change a successful formula?

Ever heard of injuries or suspensions and like you said the 2nd best defence in l2 so be good to learn from? 

36 minutes ago, simon uk said:

It seems to me that we spent upwards of a million on moore, and we today we spent another 500k on a more experienced replacement who presumably is coming straight in to play. Im all for building a squad but we just arent in a position to throw that money around on players as prospects for the future - and his route into the first team is further blocked for the future. It also appears ro me that we gave oneill a fat contract to be our experienced midfield general but thats not working out so we had to buy hegeler in to see if he can carry out that job. Same with engvall who cost millions, and the same with paterson who isnt playing and who ashton and lj signed. I hope someone is accountable for these signings

Got to say I agree with this.

They have seen him in training. Can entirely accept this is a good move for him, he will hopefully develop and come back a more experienced player, and we benefit from that.

Equally, at the back of my mind I cannot shake a 'but we are Bristol City' feeling that are we really in a position to be dropping these kind of figures on players that have so much development to do? Was this really how we saw it playing out when we bought him? Same for Engvall really.

It is a balance of course, and hopefully time spent on his development pays us back many fold. Not worked it out, but how many million plus players have we ever bought? Left with a nagging doubt rather more of our summer signings have not quite worked out as was wished.

Archived