IGNORED

Taylor Moore @ Bury (Merged)

Smokey

17 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

You're not thinking hard enough, Woodsy...

You're not the first person to tell me that today......

14 minutes ago, Spoons said:

The difference between Plymouth and bury is Probaly about 8 places!! I think it's better being in a team at the top of the league than one shopping goals every game and on a losing run like bury. Only my opinion

But the difference between playing Sheff Utd, Scunthorpe, Bolton, Bradford etc far outweighs Newport, Cheltenham, Morecambe etc etc, no?

Bury are ******* shit and shipping goals for fun. This could go one of two ways really. Concerned him being in a side in a horrendous side, to move on loan to a side shipping about 2.5 goals a game, could get him in a bit of a rut. 

Considering LJ compared him to Bobby Moore in August, to go from that to commentating on Radio Bristol and then to a side 20th in L1 in the space of 5 months is a bit of a shock. 

Reading the thread about Deli Ali the other day and I was wondering whether, if Ali had been here would have been out on loan " gaining experience" during the time MKD played him and sold him to Spurs for £5m.

It's interesting that Taylor Moore is going to Bury, as I read the other day that Bury have a couple of teenagers (16 and 17 year olds) playing in their first team who Man U and Man City  are rumoured to be looking at.

i know that Bury is not playing in the championship but why do so many other clubs seem able to give their youngsters playing experience while we seem to faff around with them until their futures are behind them? Is it that we expect too much from our young players, as a club is there a cautious attitude that will not risk youngsters or are our youngsters just never good enough?

P.S. Having just read Pete Hinton's post, perhaps the Bury youngsters are just a desperate move by  manager where his team are giving goals away for fun!

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Bury are ******* shit and shipping goals for fun. This could go one of two ways really. Concerned him being in a side in a horrendous side, to move on loan to a side shipping about 2.5 goals a game, could get him in a bit of a rut. 

Considering LJ compared him to Bobby Moore in August, to go from that to commentating on Radio Bristol and then to a side 20th in L1 in the space of 5 months is a bit of a shock. 

Well thats probably where he can get guaranteed football. He is only 19 and its not a bad level of he gets 20 appearances under his belt. I think this is a good move to a club with a very passionate fan base.

43 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

You're not the first person to tell me that today......

But the difference between playing Sheff Utd, Scunthorpe, Bolton, Bradford etc far outweighs Newport, Cheltenham, Morecambe etc etc, no?

Maybe but playing for a team at the top rather than one at the bottom of the league might benefit him. But hey game of opinions.

Excellent and careful nurturing of our future captain by City

If you listen carefully to the MA interview it is clear that GON, Matthews, Elkstrand and Tomlin for different reasons have not done what they were brought in to do.  Nothing wrong with our younger players except they have been thrown in sooner than planned.  MA interestingly mentioned Hordur in this context

47 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Excellent and careful nurturing of our future captain by City

If you listen carefully to the MA interview it is clear that GON, Matthews, Elkstrand and Tomlin for different reasons have not done what they were brought in to do.  Nothing wrong with our younger players except they have been thrown in sooner than planned.  MA interestingly mentioned Hordur in this context

Seeing as ashton is going on about dna and its his job to source these players, then what the hell is going on?

42 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Seeing as ashton is going on about dna and its his job to source these players, then what the hell is going on?

As far as I could hear he didn't mention DNA.

If you listen with an open mind he referred to injuries, illness, loss of form.  Made perfect sense.  Minor setback only to overall strategy

I am feeling confident we will be in this division come the third transfer window.

Be patient. They have done better than we could have expected already in this window

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Ever heard of injuries or suspensions and like you said the 2nd best defence in l2 so be good to learn from? 

We can't enforce a player against a club, maybe they just didn't ask for him. Besides, the objective here is to have him playing as much as possible at a good level. If Bury are the only league one side to ask for him.. or the only league that made an agreement to start him whenever possible.. its obvious we'd choose them.

Our defence isn't that bad itself, if we were happy for him to plod along being backup to an average defence  in case of injuey and suspension we'd just have kept him here.

1 hour ago, Sparkz 76 said:

I would expect this for academy players but if your going to sign players for 1 to 2 milllion pounds then why not sign players with championship experience and are ready to jump straight into the starting 11 now Pointless in my opinion 

Because of how prices have inflated. A few years ago, someone of Moore's experience would've been less than £1m.

Look at how much youth talent goes for, Lookman for £11m+ this week. Most players under 20 who are championship ready cost in the millions these days.

We clearly think Moore is worth the investment, and his involvement with England indicates he's very talented. Being very talented and ready for Championship football are different things though and we obviously want him to get more senior games under his belt in England before he's ready for this tough league.

Send him out on loan get some competitive games under his belt in a relegation scrap witch will toughen him up. Remember hes been playing in the French league witch i'm guessing ain't very physical. Then you will probably see Flint go in the summer then he will get more game time here.

31 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Because of how prices have inflated. A few years ago, someone of Moore's experience would've been less than £1m.

Look at how much youth talent goes for, Lookman for £11m+ this week. Most players under 20 who are championship ready cost in the millions these days.

We clearly think Moore is worth the investment, and his involvement with England indicates he's very talented. Being very talented and ready for Championship football are different things though and we obviously want him to get more senior games under his belt in England before he's ready for this tofu league.

Exactly. Ben Marshall is 2m with 6 months left on his contract, Lansbury 3m with 6 months and Freeman more than 1.25m with 6 months(unconfirmed) and that was rejected(alledgedly). We were linked with Lansbury in the summer for 6m. We bought Moore, Engvall, O'Dowda, and Magnusson for around the same amount. Magnusson has already been linked with a 10m move(speculation) for example. Gambles need to be made to compete with the teams coming down. Our gambles are on young players we can develop. Not all of these will work out but its the way the club feels is the best way to compete for promotion long term. This may go on for a few years before it pays off with promotion. We'll lose players like Kodjia but our scouts have been right more than not and we will replace our sales. The money will help fund better quality players as time goes on and when we do get promoted, we have a young squad that can compete in the EPL. We don't really want to be Burnley and go up with an older squad just to come back down. It's a plan that would take most clubs 10-15 years to build. We are trying to do it in 5. Appreciate what the club has been doing because most other clubs would be envious. 

Have seen limited of him and some good & bad 

Seems a good lad and the type to mature (football wise)

I do read a lot of posts highlighting he's the England u19 Captain , 

Now that's a great achievement and the lad clearly has ability to be selected

but I was amazed watching one U19 when they were discussing why so many of this age group don't continue their development and dont 'make it' at a decent level

Cant remember the figures but far more hit the buffers than go on to play at a decent level

I guess all to do with development physically and mentally and all the challenges that Pro Football.at 1st team level bring after youth football - it's actually quite a leap

Just a;) slight note of caution 

Of the limited Taylor-Moore I've seen I certainly think he has a chance of making it at this level , whether LJs comments about him needing to 'take one in the face to stop a goal' Indicate a wider concern ?

Probably not ,but maybe realises he needs to learn how tough the pro game can be it and LJ can watch what happens at Bury as TM will learn more playing at Scunthorpe on an icy night than warming our bench , or more likely sat in the stands or Radio Bristol with the odd U23 game where he may not be as tested and develop in the same way that first team football does.

And if he does make mistakes , better he does it , as he develops at Gigg Lane rather than AG

i do think the loan is ideal at this time 

Assuming he starts we will know (And more importantly LJ will know) a bit more about TM and if any slight concerns were unfounded or otherwise

If he can get and keep a place he will definitely be a diffetent TM than the one who went there

Can only be good , as a 'test' of certain aspects & predominantly for development IMHO

Good Luck TM - grab the opportunity , take any knocks , the physicality , and come back ready to push for a first team spot here :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We can't enforce a player against a club, maybe they just didn't ask for him. Besides, the objective here is to have him playing as much as possible at a good level. If Bury are the only league one side to ask for him.. or the only league that made an agreement to start him whenever possible.. its obvious we'd choose them.

Our defence isn't that bad itself, if we were happy for him to plod along being backup to an average defence  in case of injuey and suspension we'd just have kept him here.

Our defence isn't that bad itself? That's more than questionable .

6 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Bury? Bury? Really? 

Hmmm, I'd have rather he joined a team that aren't in a dog fight, but then that's just me. 

Firstly, again, an apology to any Bury fans for providing you with El Abt. So, so sorry. But, you must do your research!

Taylor Moore's powder puff attempt to 'challenge' Brett Pitman's bicycle kick goal against us at Ipswich really wound up LJ. I'm guessing he has seen far too much of that in training too.

The young lad needs a hardened experience at the other end of the spectrum, outside of any comfort zones & bubbles, where fans scream in your face from 10 yards away, clubs go into admin and hard tackling is an appreciated art.

He will come back a bigger and better man.

5 hours ago, simon uk said:

It seems to me that we spent upwards of a million on moore, and we today we spent another 500k on a more experienced replacement who presumably is coming straight in to play. Im all for building a squad but we just arent in a position to throw that money around on players as prospects for the future - and his route into the first team is further blocked for the future. It also appears ro me that we gave oneill a fat contract to be our experienced midfield general but thats not working out so we had to buy hegeler in to see if he can carry out that job. Same with engvall who cost millions, and the same with paterson who isnt playing and who ashton and lj signed. I hope someone is accountable for these signings

He is 20! He needs experience and time. How many clubs do you see with a 20 year old first choice CB?

To send him on loan to get guaranteed game time is the best move to make, and there will be some sort of clause put in to make sure he gets games/

We gave O'Neil a contract "to be our midfield general" and he did a decent job, you don't have a crystal ball to tell you he will get injured, Hegeler is also a different style to O'Neil, so it isn't a case of "that's not working, let's try someone else".

LJ has said he thinks Engvall is about ready now, if you used your ears during the various interviews with our manager you would have heard that Engvall (another youngster) has always been one for the future and has been given time to adjust and that January had been earmarked a few months ago as the target to have him ready by. The injuries he picked up on international duty would have set him back a few weeks each as well.

So what is there to be accountable for, or are you just trying to spin everything in as negative a way as you can in order to moan about a good transfer for us?

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Our defence isn't that bad. It isn't questionable at all.

Our defence is entirely average (as of a couple weeks ago, not checked since), which is neither bad nor (when wanting to be top half) particularly good.

56 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Well then you're weird. He clearly is not good enough for this level in the opinion of our manager. So, trust him, get over it, or **** off.

What a delightful post

Not sure anyone on here would appreciate being described as 'weird'.

The ***** off , ain't great either

What is the achievement in a post like this. 

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez I despair

Sorry but some posters need to look at what they're typing before they embarrass themselves

Bury fan here interested in your thoughts on him.  I've read on here concerns about our form but it needs to put it in perspective.  We were 2nd in September and had our entire defence wiped out with injuries.  Midfielders having to play right back and so on.  We have signed 3 defenders today (and a keeper last week) so after Scunthorpe tomorrow we have got a decent run of fixtures for the next 2 months so i wouldn't worry too much about it.  

As for looking after him, we have a Premiership training facility.  We took over Carrington from Man City after they built their new complex at Eastlands.  Change in management also in the past few weeks.  We've taken a lad from Fulham also who has just had 31 games on loan at Oldham but by all accounts did well for them in what is a struggling side.

The new manager has brought in 4 kids into the team from our youth set up who have put some of our senior pros to shame and 2 of them have got Premiership clubs after them. 1 is a centre back who has played 3 games now and been standout performer so we could have a decent pairing there now with this signing.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Not that bad really. Based on goals conceded stats alone we're only slightly below the league average which considering our form isn't terrible.

The important point is that he's best of playing at the highest level possible (for his ability) where he's going to get the most starts. If that's Bury, then so be it. 

We can't enforce players on clubs, they actually have to want to sign them. He's got very limited experience of English football still which many teams might be wary of.

IMG_7909.PNG

Archived