IGNORED

Taylor Moore @ Bury (Merged)

Smokey

24 minutes ago, UTS15 said:

Bury fan here interested in your thoughts on him.  I've read on here concerns about our form but it needs to put it in perspective.  We were 2nd in September and had our entire defence wiped out with injuries.  Midfielders having to play right back and so on.  We have signed 3 defenders today (and a keeper last week) so after Scunthorpe tomorrow we have got a decent run of fixtures for the next 2 months so i wouldn't worry too much about it.  

As for looking after him, we have a Premiership training facility.  We took over Carrington from Man City after they built their new complex at Eastlands.  Change in management also in the past few weeks.  We've taken a lad from Fulham also who has just had 31 games on loan at Oldham but by all accounts did well for them in what is a struggling side.

The new manager has brought in 4 kids into the team from our youth set up who have put some of our senior pros to shame and 2 of them have got Premiership clubs after them. 1 is a centre back who has played 3 games now and been standout performer so we could have a decent pairing there now with this signing.

We haven't actually seen too much of Moore as he's not had many games. We'd have liked to have seen more of him but I don't think he's quite been ready for this level of football yet.

What he needs is games. He's clearly got ability because of his inclusion with England. From what we've seen of him he's a calm, pacey defender. Good distribution and defensive instincts. He's spent time with Lens in France which, you'd hope, would've made him a more cultured player with a greater tactical awareness than other youngsters his age. 

He's a very clever and articulate chap and a natural leader. What you'll get from him though is hard work, commitment and maximum effort. I can't imagine him giving this loan anything less than his all. I'm hoping he'll get lots of game time there and come back more suited for championship football. Hope you stay up.

After seeing him play away at Ipswich last month I think this is the best option for him. 

Completely out of his depth when faced with the pressures of Championship football, he needs to go away and build his confidence. No doubt he's a talented boy, but we are not currently in the position to grant him the luxury of learning his trade during a relegation fight. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What a delightful post

Not sure anyone on here would appreciate being described as 'weird'.

The ***** off , ain't great either

What is the achievement in a post like this. 

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez I despair

Sorry but some posters need to look at what they're typing before they embarrass themselves

I was called weird on here the other day for a normal post, I'm just not insecure or pathetic enough to react badly or care what somebody says on an online forum to me (that'll save me replying to your weird post, @JasonM88) if you don't support the decisions of the club then you can go support another team, you're the type of boring toxic fan this club needs rid of. Negative Nancy! Hope you're not too offended this time mate. Kisses x

8 hours ago, UTS15 said:

As for looking after him, we have a Premiership training facility.  We took over Carrington from Man City after they built their new complex at Eastlands.  Change in management also in the past few weeks.  We've taken a lad from Fulham also who has just had 31 games on loan at Oldham but by all accounts did well for them in what is a struggling side.

Wasn't Carrington Man Utd's old training complex, not Citeh?

edit: just googled it, seeems BOTH had places at Carrington!? 

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Without sounding mean or anything, is this part of a larger project for Bury?

The club are in advance planning for a new stadium and the chairman is spouting about getting into the Championship.  We're throwing a lot at our youth set up at the moment, hence Carrington.  We've already lost players to Liverpool and Everton in the past year and with the latest 4 that have come through we are starting to develop a conveyor belt of good young players coming through.  Unfortunately we struggle to keep hold of them so its all about the sell on clauses now.  Dave Nugent, Kasper Schmichael & Elliott Bennett did well in their spells with us and Matt Doherty is now a regular at Wolves.

9 minutes ago, UTS15 said:

He played well 1st half today but went off injured shortly into the 2nd half.  It didn't look like it was anything too serious.

I suppose at four up or whatever they may just have taken him off as a precaution. Hope so anyway.

Good to know he`s starting and his home debut (?) coincided with their first win in 20.

Archived