IGNORED

Selling Players Who Are On Loan?

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Question someone asked me today and I couldn't answer.  If Chelsea got an amazing offer for Tammy and wanted to accept that offer, does his season long loan stand and we have him on loan from his new club, or would they be able to recall him as the loan contract is not with them?

Or can you not sell players on year long loans?

As I understand it the new loan rules only allow for half (Summer or Winter Window) or full season loans (Summer).

Full season loaned players can be recalled during the Winter Window, but only if there is agreement between clubs when the initial loan is agreed.  In Tammy's case, no such recall clause was added....so he's ours all season.  Some PNE fans on Twitter thought they'd used the money made from BW and the freed up wages to take him off our hands.  Ha Ha.

Now, what I don't know is whether both clubs could agree something mutually.  If so, my second para would seem pointless, so I doubt it.

Last year we agreed to send Hamer back to Leicester part way through his loan.  Might've been on the basis of injury (headaches IIRC), but it certainly suited us.  I did hear that were still paying the portion of his wages til Jan.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As I understand it the new loan rules only allow for half (Summer or Winter Window) or full season loans (Summer).

Full season loaned players can be recalled during the Winter Window, but only if there is agreement between clubs when the initial loan is agreed.  In Tammy's case, no such recall clause was added....so he's ours all season.  Some PNE fans on Twitter thought they'd used the money made from BW and the freed up wages to take him off our hands.  Ha Ha.

Now, what I don't know is whether both clubs could agree something mutually.  If so, my second para would seem pointless, so I doubt it.

Last year we agreed to send Hamer back to Leicester part way through his loan.  Might've been on the basis of injury (headaches IIRC), but it certainly suited us.  I did hear that were still paying the portion of his wages til Jan.

I'm really starting to get my tits off with PNE fans. They thinks they is a big club. No way Pedro

13 minutes ago, shelts said:

I'm really starting to get my tits off with PNE fans. They thinks they is a big club. No way Pedro

Absolute Tosh

I've read their thread and no 'bigger club' crap from them , a very few cynical comments , some points about his pros n cons , some pointed out he was going to a club below them at present time with many accepting , in theory , we have the better set up and platform to progress more than them, and he'd get better contract here

I actually thought their thread was bloody good to read and lots of fair and sensible comments

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Absolute Tosh

I've read their thread and no 'bigger club' crap from them , a very few cynical comments , some points about his pros n cons , some pointed out he was going to a club below them at present time with many accepting , in theory , we have the better set up and platform to progress more than them, and he'd get better contract here

I actually thought their thread was bloody good to read and lots of fair and sensible comments

Tosh.....I seed it!!

Not quite the same but what happened to the player (can't remember his name) a couple of seasons ago who came to us on loan from Chelsea then some Forest (?) fan won some competition to fund a player and he ended up going there? Sorry so vague but it was an odd situation. I can't remember the details but he was here for a while then went, unless we only had him for a couple of months and it just so happened he finished his loan here then went to Forest, but I thought it was a bit of a surprise at the time.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Not quite the same but what happened to the player (can't remember his name) a couple of seasons ago who came to us on loan from Chelsea then some Forest (?) fan won some competition to fund a player and he ended up going there? Sorry so vague but it was an odd situation. I can't remember the details but he was here for a while then went, unless we only had him for a couple of months and it just so happened he finished his loan here then went to Forest, but I thought it was a bit of a surprise at the time.

That was Todd Kane, i believe he has had a bad injury and should be back playing in a couple of months.

10 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

That was Todd Kane, i believe he has had a bad injury and should be back playing in a couple of months.

Ah that's him. But was he snatched mid loan from us to go on another loan or had his spell ended here, similar to what the OP was wondering? like I said I remember being shocked we couldn't keep him. 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ah that's him. But was he snatched mid loan from us to go on another loan or had his spell ended here, similar to what the OP was wondering? like I said I remember being shocked we couldn't keep him. 

I think it was a case of Mourinho not being happy with the amount of game time he was getting with us. I assume that Chelsea had a similar policy with the loaning out of their players back then as they have now.

25 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I think it was a case of Mourinho not being happy with the amount of game time he was getting with us. I assume that Chelsea had a similar policy with the loaning out of their players back then as they have now.

From what I've heard about Mourinho he wouldn't even know who Todd Kane was ( He was reported to be  focused on first team and said that he only wanted to know about young players when they were ready for the first team !!)

Would have been whoever heads up their development set up

And the other end of the scale to that is just how much playing time Tammy is getting, it must be agreeable to Chelsea but I personally think we have been flogging Tammy a bit too much. Ok he has recovered a bit now, the recent girls have helped, but a few games ago he looked like he needed a break, but we didn't have the players to allow that, which isnt Chelsea's fault.  

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

And the other end of the scale to that is just how much playing time Tammy is getting, it must be agreeable to Chelsea but I personally think we have been flogging Tammy a bit too much. Ok he has recovered a bit now, the recent girls have helped, but a few games ago he looked like he needed a break, but we didn't have the players to allow that, which isnt Chelsea's fault.  

@RedM in this day and age you should not be flogging him, you should reason with him

Archived