IGNORED

The ideal job for Cotts

Major Isewater

Ok , every vacancy that comes up is ' a job for Cotts ' , let's see who can come up with the best 'job  for Cotts ' in a realistic or funny way giving reasons for your choice .

I think he needs a club where he can dominate the  owner and be seen as the saviour.

I think he would do well at Oxford United , where they might even understand his accent .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok , every vacancy that comes up is ' a job for Cotts ' , let's see who can come up with the best 'job  for Cotts ' in a realistic or funny way giving reasons for your choice .

I think he needs a club where he can dominate the  owner and be seen as the saviour.

I think he would do well at Oxford United , where they might even understand his accent .

I thought a new Scooby / Scrappy Doo film was in the offing.

42 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Was told by someone who has good inside contacts the R***** ,that he is being lined up as their next manager.Make of it what you will.

I just sent a text to check this out....the response makes me think there is some truth to it 'what R*vers want, and what R*vers get is two different things'

Good lord, please don't SC, unless you royally **** it up, just don't

54 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Was told by someone who has good inside contacts the R***** ,that he is being lined up as their next manager.Make of it what you will.

believe me, he won't go there if they moved heaven and earth.

they offered Scott Wagstaff a contract in the summer. He replied 'not a chance in hell'.

30 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

How about the manager of a little known club called Bristol City? I know it's not possible due to broken relationships but I assure you he'd be doing better now than the current incumbent with the current squad. 

(Tin hat)

But he never would've worked with Ashton so he never would've been in a position to manage this squad of players.

'Cotts' actually held a door open for me the other day. If only he knew, eh?

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

believe me, he won't go there if they moved heaven and earth.

they offered Scott Wagstaff a contract in the summer. He replied 'not a chance in hell'.

Why wouldn't he? He still lives locally so wouldn't have to move house or uproot his kids if they're in school. If they offered him good money I reckon he'd love the opportunity to get one over on Lansdown/board by getting Rovers in the same league as us.

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why wouldn't he? He still lives locally so wouldn't have to move house or uproot his kids if they're in school. If they offered him good money I reckon he'd love the opportunity to get one over on Lansdown/board by getting Rovers in the same league as us.

As much as I think he's a turd, it'd be pretty harsh on DD after two straight promotions and what'll likely be a good solid position this year to be replaced. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

How about the manager of a little known club called Bristol City? I know it's not possible due to broken relationships but I assure you he'd be doing better now than the current incumbent with the current squad. 

(Tin hat)

I imagine it would never happen after the way things ended, which in it's way is a shame, but understandable.

I've no idea if he would have kept us up; personally, I am very much in the same boat now as I was last year (like the gaffer, but results are bollocks; unsure if a change at the top will really make a difference), but it is hard to argue Cotts' time in change of us on the Championship was much cop.  We were pretty awful.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

But he never would've worked with Ashton so he never would've been in a position to manage this squad of players.

That's the crux of it, really.  And though others seem to dislike him for some reason, Ashton hasn't done much wrong yet in my eyes, and might end up the most important figure at the club, beyond whoever is head coach.

Yes; folks might blame him for appointing LJ, but the goal was survival last year, and we managed that.  Plus, Ashton has helped bulk up a squad with decent additions, and if anything we're now possibly underachieving somewhat considering who he's brought in.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not sure Rovers could afford him.

Let's be honest here; wouldn't be the weirdest move, but when Rovers seem to still be shopping in what is very much the lower leagues for players, and Cotts' last efforts at recruitment were the likes of Dwight Gayle and Andre Gray, I'm not sure he's aiming for that type of gig.

Even in League One we spent relatively heavily to get promotion, and so I think the likes of Rovers who have limited scope to do that wouldn't be on his radar.

Plus, their gaffer might be an arse, but two promotions in two years, and a realistic shot at a third (typing that makes me feel dirty...) despite spending very little should by any metric make him one of the safest gaffers in the land, surely.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

(Tin hat)

I don't want LJ gone but the club would be in such a better position if the club had actually backed SC instead of hanging him out to dry.

2 hours ago, samo II said:

I imagine it would never happen after the way things ended, which in it's way is a shame, but understandable.

I've no idea if he would have kept us up; personally, I am very much in the same boat now as I was last year (like the gaffer, but results are bollocks; unsure if a change at the top will really make a difference), but it is hard to argue Cotts' time in change of us on the Championship was much cop.  We were pretty awful.

Yes; folks might blame him for appointing LJ, but the goal was survival last year, and we managed that.  Plus, Ashton has helped bulk up a squad with decent additions, and if anything we're now possibly underachieving somewhat considering who he's brought in.

I'm sure MA said the other day he interviewed LJ at SL's request.

I see that as more or less rubber stamping, so stretching it a bit to call LJ Ashton's appointment imo.

On your other highlighted point you could certainly say we're underachieving considering all the players brought in, and of course no guarantee things will improve over time, or with yet more signings. The huge influx under MA/LJ may never gel into a real team such as the spirited and contented squad we had the very real pleasure of supporting under Cotts. 

Signing new players should be exciting, but signing this many can have almost the opposite effect. As well as creating a bloated - yes, that word again - squad with the inevitability of numerous unhappy fringe players, as fans we see a City team going out on the pitch full of newcomers (sometimes themselves taking the place of other fairly recent arrivals that we've barely seen) that we hardly know and scarcely even recognise.

There comes a time when just signing more players because you can is not the answer imo.

37 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm sure MA said the other day he interviewed LJ at SL's request.

I see that as more or less rubber stamping, so stretching it a bit to call LJ Ashton's appointment imo.

On your other highlighted point you could certainly say we're underachieving considering all the players brought in, and of course no guarantee things will improve over time, or with yet more signings. The huge influx under MA/LJ may never gel into a real team such as the spirited and contented squad we had the very real pleasure of supporting under Cotts. 

Signing new players should be exciting, but signing this many can have almost the opposite effect. As well as creating a bloated - yes, that word again - squad with the inevitability of numerous unhappy fringe players, as fans we see a City team going out on the pitch full of newcomers (sometimes themselves taking the place of other fairly recent arrivals that we've barely seen) that we hardly know and scarcely even recognise.

There comes a time when just signing more players because you can is not the answer imo.

I missed that statement, so wasn't intent on "stretching" anything.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wasn't meant to be a dig at you samo.

Apologies if it came over that way.

No problem.

And if he was suggesting that, I'll be honest; that's not ideal. Prefer he was given free reign to appoint who he believes will be best.

Worrying.

Archived