IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread

Monkeh

Just now, MRSATAN said:

I'm not getting into arguing with you,but no one can defend this plank anymore

Oh he can.  And many more will.

There has been a vocal majority, I would say, that have denounced anyone that dare criticise the utter clown that is Johnson.  They've always sung his praises, said we cant keep changing manager, said we need continuity,  they've said anything.  All in an attempt to not be proved wrong.  They hate the fact that many fans are being proved right: this clown should never, ever have been appointed and its time to go. They have their heads in the sand.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Who do people think we can/would bring in to improve us... realistically...

Honestly?  No idea.

But like with recruiting players; that's not my job, but Mark Ashton's.  And like with the players; he probably knows more than I do about who he can get.

I've probably been rightly accused of being a 'happy clapper' due to my support of LJ across this awful, awful, awful run, and I can even see what he's trying to do long term.

But this is run and scenario is unacceptable.

It's a results business, and as much as Johnson might be good for the project, he simply cannot get results from this team - he's tried everything (formations and player combos galore), and yet we've managed to lose from every conceivable position (come from behind then lose; take the lead then lose - all usually in the last few mins).

I do not believe there aren't other coaches who could come in, slot into our setup, and use the considable resources at his disposal to get points on the short term, as well as building for the future.

I'm sorry; he's done here in my eyes.

Johnson needs to do the right thing, or Mark Ashton needs to suck it up and make a hard, but required decision.

Saddest thing for me is..... who picked LJ and the managers before ? who just gave him an extension and who will pick the next manager? same old same old  LOOK TO THE ENGINE DRIVER

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

SL you have to take a long look at my avatar and think about our manager.

Trouble is SL picked him and those before as he will pick the next one.........spot the common denominator  ?

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

There has been a vocal majority, I would say, that have denounced anyone that dare criticise the utter clown that is Johnson.  They've always sung his praises, said we cant keep changing manager, said we need continuity,  they've said anything.  All in an attempt to not be proved wrong.  They hate the fact that many fans are being proved right: this clown should never, ever have been appointed and its time to go. They have their heads in the sand.

I was crucified last March for saying he wasn't the man for the job 

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

No we don't. Just because Johnson is failing doesn't make the continuity argument invalid. 

Of course I understand people saying he should go. I'm just trying to take the conversation further than "ANYONE, BRING IN ANYONE", because that's just boring and won't help us. 

Honestly never thought we would win this, such is the depressing feel about the team, and Lee, this is torture of the like I can't remember feeling with this club, perhaps the only good thing now is that his job is untenable , but wouldn't surprise me if he hangs on. We are now deep in trouble, not just because of the points total,but we cant byt a draw let alone a win... we don't have a head coach, be best if he just walks and let Pembo take charge.   

The mystery to me is why buy a sheilding midfielder that we need, and play him centre back. Why by a 6ft 5 striker and have no width. Why have one of the best number 10's in the league and playing a winger there. I honestly don't think he knows what he's doing. Reminds me of mcinnes. Try's things that don't ever work (but at least he didn't by Foster - the worst full back I've ever seen).

He's got to go now. Think pemberton did a great job straightening us out last year, so would see how he gets on in the next two, and with a better squad this time.

4 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Then I guess we see things differently. My heart will sink if/when we get a "quick fix" manager.

How will your heart feel if we lose again next week making it 8 in a row? What about when we're relegated?

As much as I'd like LJ to turn things around you have to wonder how long we can wait realistically! 

Last 6 games of the season:

Wolves H
QPR H
Blackburn A
Barnsley H
Brighton A
Birmingham H

Not exactly the fixtures I'd like to see going into the final 6 games with a relegation battle at hand.

Archived