IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread

Monkeh

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

LJ is a good man who loves the club and I have always wanted him to be given every chance to succeed. Which he certainly has been and he hasn't succeeded.

I think he may learn from this and become a good manager and I might well even want him to come back one day when the time is right. But, right now, he has to go. 

It's a shame, and I think the "dwarf" comment earlier in the thread is completely unnecessary. But he has to go.

Well said, I wanted him to do well but its clear that he doesn't have what it takes. We need a proven manager at this level, which we never go for! Pardew, Rowett etc are available currently,time to start acting like a championship club or we wont be one!

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Frankly being below you after how you played today is even more embarrassing. Your fake injuries were disgraceful and your performance certainly didn't merit a draw, let alone a win.

Still, the result on the day is all that counts and so well done for that. But, on the basis of today, I fear we may be meeting you in a lower division next year.

To be honest, results only matter, without cheating of course. I have no time for cheating in football

7 minutes ago, pedrino7 said:

Massive difference today until their second goal - played well bossed the game. Biggest disappointment for me was some dog shit support... Trying to get people behind the team at 1-1 - few were interested... as if they wanted LJ sacked more than the points! Where was number 12 at 1-1 or even 2-2? Shameful! Call me a happy clapper you keyboard warrior c&#ts! Get down the ground & support the team when they play well - at least when we can still get something from a game!!!! 

Are you Lee's mum?

21 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

No we don't. Just because Johnson is failing doesn't make the continuity argument invalid. 

Of course I understand people saying he should go. I'm just trying to take the conversation further than "ANYONE, BRING IN ANYONE", because that's just boring and won't help us. 

If I felt SL had at last learned a lesson & intended to for once invest heavily in experience/track record then I feel Lee would sadly have ti go-unfortunately im not confident,oddly!

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Well, clearly in pitching what he wanted to do at the club he managed to convince them somehow. And, short term, it hasn't worked.

I'd wait a little longer because this is the second game we've played with 3 completely new signings and without one of our first choice centre backs. But, I'm aware others wouldn't wait, so fair enough.

All I asked at the beginning is WHO people would bring in. I just want actual suggestions that would be good enough and available, and would come here. The "anyone would be better than this clown" stuff annoys me, because yes, maybe we'd get buoyed for about 5 games, but then what? I don't want just anyone for my football club, and getting "just anyone" in the hope that it'll give us the confidence to stay up is a bigger risk than giving Johnson more time IMO.

Pitching in?  I'm not sure he had to pitch in.  This was an appointment based on cronyism/nepotism.  In business or any other line of work, when there is a position vacant, you go to the market, you interview, you allow numerous candidates to 'pitch', you appoint the best person for the job - you have that responsibility to your shareholders. customers,  We did not do that for Johnson.  We didn't interview ANYONE else.  There were plenty available at the time.

In any other line of business this would be called corruption. 

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Frankly being below you after how you played today is even more embarrassing. Your fake injuries were disgraceful and your performance certainly didn't merit a draw, let alone a win.

Still, the result on the day is all that counts and so well done for that. But, on the basis of today, I fear we may be meeting you in a lower division next year.

Agree. worst away team ive seen all season. Shows how bad we must be to have lost to them!

results is all that counts but a team that came for a 0-0 walks away with 3-2. Awful. 

Typical Warnock game. Good luck to the Crapdiff lot having to endure that every week. 

Also, cheerio Lee! 

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

Pitching in?  I'm not sure he had to pitch in.  This was an appointment based on cronyism/nepotism.  In business or any other line of work, when there is a position vacant, you go to the market, you interview, you allow numerous candidates to 'pitch', you appoint the best person for the job - you have that responsibility to your shareholders. customers,  We did not do that for Johnson.  We didn't interview ANYONE else.  There were plenty available at the time.

Sorry, am I missing something? How do you know that? And I didn't say "pitching in", I said "pitching". You think they just appointed him without him giving any word on what sort of plans he had for the football club? That's laughable, especially given the stick everyone's given him for focusing too much on the long term.

Yeah, his ties with the club probably did help, but I'm sure they looked at other candidates. We were in a very similar position as to where we are now.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Sorry, am I missing something? How do you know that? And I didn't say "pitching in", I said "pitching". You think they just appointed him without him giving any word on what sort of plans he had for the football club? That's laughable, especially given the stick everyone's given him for focusing too much on the long term.

Yeah, his ties with the club probably did help, but I'm sure they looked at other candidates. We were in a very similar position as to where we are now.

Yeah he probably does have long term plans for the club.  I do too.  Johnson is not in them.  He needs to get the short term right first. Something IMO he's neglected since day one.  

This appointment was a stitch up.  You may not want to believe it - thats your problem.  Do some research.  How many other managers were interviewed prior to his appointment?  Please post them up. 

28 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

So what do you think now,...you still supporting Lee?

You can't help but love the guy for his honesty and his  interviews but the results speak for themselves . I really want him to succeed here but not if we are in League 1 . I'm waivering . I'm beginning to think that this job came too soon for him , this is why i've favoured and old head to help him out.

I don't have the misfortune to turn up every week to watch the lads lose so I can't comment too much on whether his sacking is justified or not but purely on results it ain't great is it ?

I think it was easy for SL to sack SOD and Cotts but LJ is like everyone's favourite son is n't he ?

Knowing City we'll dither until the end of the window and then get a new coach in when it's too late .

23 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Agreed on the "dwarf" stuff, offensive and petty. Accept any opinions people have about whether he should go or what decisions he's made, but insulting him is unnecessary.

Agreed. Seeing all the Graham Taylor England press stuff again this week, it was distasteful abuse of a decent guy in a tricky spot. Same goes for Lee Johnson.

15 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

There is also an argument for working with someone you know and trust over a complete stranger  with similar qualifications .

Archived