IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Cardiff City Match Day Thread

Monkeh

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Yeah, I get it. I'd wait a little longer personally, but I do understand. If we managed to get in a top class manager, I'd be satisfied. I'm just worried about the names that will pop up if/when he goes. I don't want someone like Nigel Pearson.

Why would you wait a little longer?

13 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

SL won't sack him. 

However Lee should go, today was the last straw for me. 

Tried to be a positive happy clapper for LJ...can't justify it no more. 

What an absolute shower of shite. 

I've been exactly the same. Not the sacking advocate but ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Things just arn't right he's like a rabbit caught in headlights. 

AND if he waits to be sacked rather than resign then all his talk of him being a massive City fan/Dream job is a big bag of bollocks and will stick in the throat and assure Judas status

13 minutes ago, EDoubleD said:

The mystery to me is why buy a sheilding midfielder that we need, and play him centre back. Why by a 6ft 5 striker and have no width. Why have one of the best number 10's in the league and playing a winger there. I honestly don't think he knows what he's doing. Reminds me of mcinnes. Try's things that don't ever work (but at least he didn't by Foster - the worst full back I've ever seen).

He's got to go now. Think pemberton did a great job straightening us out last year, so would see how he gets on in the next two, and with a better squad this time.

This has long been my concern with modern coaches, who seem to want to prove how clever they are by being deliberately perverse. Players at our level are simply too dumb to play a sophisticated game anyway, especially English ones, so you have to keep it simple and drill it into them repeatedly in training.

LJ is a good man who loves the club and I have always wanted him to be given every chance to succeed. Which he certainly has been and he hasn't succeeded.

I think he may learn from this and become a good manager and I might well even want him to come back one day when the time is right. But, right now, he has to go. 

It's a shame, and I think the "dwarf" comment earlier in the thread is completely unnecessary. But he has to go.

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

So depressing on many levels, the fact we threw the game away AGAIN. The formation and tactics were clueless. And worst of all we lost at home with a crowd that couldn't be behind the team any more in a DERBY against NEIL F*****G WARNOCK!!!!

Oh but that's not the point, the Sports Bar and Grills were doing a roaring trade, we are soft soft soft. 

No passion no fight, 

Just now, CardiffCityFan said:

Thats what banter is all about and yes I hate it of course

Banter away mate.  There would be many from here doing it if the boot was on the other foot.  Enjoy the day.  Hopefully you've been the final nail in Johnson's coffin.  For that, this result will have been worthwhile. 

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

And I didn't want Johnson.  But he was chosen, despite being nothing other than a completely below average manager.  The board should hang their heads in shame. 

Well, clearly in pitching what he wanted to do at the club he managed to convince them somehow. And, short term, it hasn't worked.

I'd wait a little longer because this is the second game we've played with 3 completely new signings and without one of our first choice centre backs. But, I'm aware others wouldn't wait, so fair enough.

All I asked at the beginning is WHO people would bring in. I just want actual suggestions that would be good enough and available, and would come here. The "anyone would be better than this clown" stuff annoys me, because yes, maybe we'd get buoyed for about 5 games, but then what? I don't want just anyone for my football club, and getting "just anyone" in the hope that it'll give us the confidence to stay up is a bigger risk than giving Johnson more time IMO.

Massive difference today until their second goal - played well bossed the game. Biggest disappointment for me was some dog shit support... Trying to get people behind the team at 1-1 - few were interested... as if they wanted LJ sacked more than the points! Where was number 12 at 1-1 or even 2-2? Shameful! Call me a happy clapper you keyboard warrior c&#ts! Get down the ground & support the team when they play well - at least when we can still get something from a game!!!! 

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I've said it since day one.  There is nothing - NOTHING -  in his previous managerial record that made him stand out.  Nothing.

If he had not played for us he would not have been on SL's radar.

He was picked because he is SL's boy.  That is the truth.  No other manager was interviewed after SC left.  That tells you all you need to know.  This is a stitch up.

Agree 100%. Have been saying since his appointment that he only speaks a good game. It's obvious that experienced players like O'Neill and Tomlin have sussed him out. That will certainly rub off on the rest of the squad. His purchases have been very poor. We will have a squad heavy in numbers of average ability that the next manager ultimately will have to move on. Sound familiar?

can anyone tell me what he achieved in football to merit such a high reputation when he joined? AN ABSOLUTE BULLSHITTER!

ON YER BIKE and the quicker the better.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

LJ is a good man who loves the club and I have always wanted him to be given every chance to succeed. Which he certainly has been and he hasn't succeeded.

I think he may learn from this and become a good manager and I might well even want him to come back one day when the time is right. But, right now, he has to go. 

It's a shame, and I think the "dwarf" comment earlier in the thread is completely unnecessary. But he has to go.

Agreed on the "dwarf" stuff, offensive and petty. Accept any opinions people have about whether he should go or what decisions he's made, but insulting him is unnecessary.

Utterly utterly abysmal. I watched the nose dive down the leagues - I can recall nothing as spineless as the collapses in the last two home league matches. 

Johnson must go. He's lost all dignity. Curious team selections and substitutions have become inexplicable. He's got some talented players but not a clue how to get a tune out of them. Which is amazing for a man managing in one of the world's more respected leagues. He's not learning - as many of us hoped. He's drowning. Clueless. 

Times up. 

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

Banter away mate.  There would be many from here doing it if the boot was on the other foot.  Enjoy the day.  Hopefully you've been the final nail in Johnson's coffin.  For that, this result will have been worthwhile. 

Fairplay, isnt it a record number of defeats in a row? Something needs to change for you

4 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

We defend quite well until we score then unlike most teams we lose confidence and forget how to defend.  It's so frustrating how easy it was for Cardiff. 

I can't understand why LJ changed our tactics.

We were OK when we used to go behind and then make a comeback.

Going in front seems to be our achilles heel!

6 minutes ago, CardiffCityFan said:

Below us after your start to the season, how embarrasing

Frankly being below you after how you played today is even more embarrassing. Your fake injuries were disgraceful and your performance certainly didn't merit a draw, let alone a win.

Still, the result on the day is all that counts and so well done for that. But, on the basis of today, I fear we may be meeting you in a lower division next year.

Archived