IGNORED

He HAS to go now (Merged)

BCFC_Josh

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

You're deluded if you think that a better manager who was actually tactically astute, wouldn't have this club in the top half of the division with the players at our disposal. 

Which players?

4 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

The key to the problems at our club do not lie at first team manager level.  It's much higher up. You only have to look at our fatally flawed recruitment policy. 

Sure, Sack the manager if you want. We'll Sack the next one in 12 months time.  We must have more managers on our payroll than the NHS.

So you think LJ is a good Head Coach ?

Much higher up ?

What the people who employed the family friend ?

flawed recruitment policy ??? - LJ has had more backing and help in recruiting players than the last 5 managers combined and has the final say 

So for somebody who steadfastly believes that 'it will all be alright' , plenty of points left blah blah ' what are you actually saying ?

And

'You can't keep sacking manager after manager.  That's why we are a joke.'

No we are a joke because of our results under the manager you so want to keep'

What is all your wonderful optimism based on out of interest ?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Much higher up ?

flawed recruitment policy ??? - LJ has had more backing and help in recruiting players than the last 5 managers combined and has the final say 

So for somebody who steadfastly believes that 'it will all be alright' , plenty of points left blah blah ' what are you actually saying ?

I'm saying LJ will keep us up.  But, there are problems, big problems in other areas of the club. 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Which players?

As I said in my previous post, that I believe we have 5-6 players in our squad who are good enough for a top 6 squad/side in this division.

Wright, Tomlin, Maggers, Tammy, Hegeler

With better game management, I think Flint, Bryan and Reid could all perform much better than they currently are. 

But like I also said, this squad 'should' be competing around the 7-12th places in this division, with the current squad that we have.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Enough is enough now . just don't know where to start with his (lack of ) decision making . I'll try : 

1- we got lucky to go one up but it was clear even then that a change had to be made . JB was having a mare but at one up he seemed to think that all was well with the world ...... it wasn't !

2- Little's legs had totally gone with 20 to go and Cardiff saw this and exploited it . It happens most games so wtf leave him on like a lamb to the slaughter ? 

Such basic things that anyone could see but totally overlooked by the coach . 

3- No interaction between Pemberton and Johnson all afternoon . Totally ignored each other ! 

His position is untenable and has to go now !!! 

I think there is no interaction between LJ and Pemberton because Pemberton is fed up with him,  as he probably takes no notice of his advice. Pemberton stopped the rot last season before LJ came and should have been allowed to carry on.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Much higher up ?

And

'You can't keep sacking manager after manager.  That's why we are a joke.'

No we are a joke because of our results under the manager you so want to keep'

What is all your wonderful optimism based on out of interest ?

Simple question. Where would Cotterill have been given the backing that LJ has had?

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Agreed. Sacking him now would be an absolute joke.  OK, we're on a bad run, but how many more managers are we going to Sack? 

Isn't it about time a few of the playears started to look at themselves?

What does a manager have to do in your fluffy world to warrant getting the sack

I supported Lee. Lansdown enough is enough now you made another poor managerial appointment get rid before we are relegated again in our second season in championship.

Like the way Johnson was smiling  and giggling in the post match interview at us conceding late goals again.

The bloke it's the biggest bullshiter ever and tries to pull a smokescreen over supporters eyes well not this fan mate.

Do one of you really care about this club

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Agreed. Sacking him now would be an absolute joke.  OK, we're on a bad run, but how many more managers are we going to Sack? 

Isn't it about time a few of the playears started to look at themselves?

What does a manager have to do in your fluffy world to warrant getting the sack

10 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

You can't keep sacking manager after manager.  That's why we are a joke.

Wait a second; let's get some perspective here - we don't actually do what your suggesting here.  

If anything, we're less trigger happy than average at this level.

Below is a list of all our managers over the last 11/12 years.

Now, at the end of last season it was calculated the average tenure of a Championship manager was 1.31 years; roughly 1 year 4 months.

GJ 'stepped down' by mutual consent, but let's call that a sacking for the purposes of this - he was here far, far longer than average.

Coppell - well, that was a lot less than average, for sure, but he left of his own accord; screwed us, really, and so can't by any measure be counted as a sacking.

Millen lasted 14 months in solo charge, so less than average, but he was once charge for a number of months the tail-end of the season prior, so I'd say in the space of two years he had around the average.

McInnes had pretty much EXACTLY 1 year 4 months, and being we were a team spiralling towards relegation when he left, personally I've zero qualms about him going.

SO'D... Less than a year; 2 wins in the first half of a season; what choice did SL have?  Less than average; yes.  But hard not to understand.

Cotts had a longer than average tenure (2 years and a month), and again; 2 wins in half a season, a breakdown of communication with the board - his leaving looks logical in context.

So that is two managers sacked in ten plus years with below average tenures for this league - I'm not sure we're quite at the level of Watford or one of the other more brutal sides out there.

And it is all about context; we can't keep battling on with something or someone that simply isn't working and just believe it will change - today our team collapsed just how it did two weeks ago; where's the learning?  Where's the leadership?

If LJ leaving now means he has a 'below average' tenure, if that benefits the club; so be it.

And right now, I think his time has run its course.

IMG_2944.PNG

I know its been talked to death, I think, but that contract extension.. what were the club thinking? I mean really. It totally defies all business logic to offer a contract extension when on a really bad run and that was what,,,? 6 losses ago. It is not as if the guy is going to be suddenly poached is it. Really. Cannot stop shaking my head over that one.

1 hour ago, Warwickshire Red said:

For LJ to go 8 in row without a win at Barnsley and 7 in a row now at City, LJ is the common factor and can't be a coincidence.

Think SL hoped LJ would be a clone of Eddie Howe because he was young, articulate and was said to be a rising star but how often does lightening strike twice? SL's friendship with the Johnson family has been too strong a factor in the appointment unfortunately and it's costing us now.

Time for an immediate change and maybe less risky to allow the board to choose the head coach next time. 

Is it called nepotism?

He has to go NOW not next week or next month. A total disaster.

I may well buck the trend here and will no doubt be shot down in flames, but...

Do I think we should sack the manager - honest answer, I'm not sure. There are absolutely no guarantees that whoever would replace Lee is an improvement. We don't know if we could get a top manager in.

What I would like is a return of the Bristol City that I enjoyed watching for the last few months of last season and the first couple of this. You know, the team where our players knew their role. Where Lee set us up in a settled formation week in, week out. Where we played with energy, enthusiasm, our players closed down people and put their bodies on the line by throwing themselves in from of a shot or cross - when was the last time we saw that?

We all know that Lee can manage a team in this league, we have seen it with our own eyes and We enjoyed what we saw...if we didn't we wouldn't have had sold the level of season tickets we did.

So Lee, please review your actions from when you were first appointed. Get back to basics, coach the players to close the other team down quickly, play with pace, move the ball on at speed and do what you were doing 12 months ago. If you do then I'm sure we'll return to winning ways and enjoy our Saturdays once again...and you can remain in your role and take us forward.

I like LJ. I like his personality, I admire his enthusiasm, I like the way he talks about football. All in all he comes across as a decent human being.

I really thought he would be the real deal as our manager. But from the start of the season I've not been happy with his team selections . To many changes from match to match, poor substitutions and changes of formation. The players don't seem to be given freedom to think for themselves, there's no leadership on the pitch. He's brought in good players but not played them. How must Taylor Moore, Engvall  and De Girolamo be feeling and to a lesser extent O'Dowda,Patterson,Golbourne,ROD be feeling . Pretty fed up I'd imagine. I think he's torn the spirit apart. 

Time for a change. I'd try to persuade Gary Rowett but John Pemberton wouldn't be a bad call. 

10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I know its been talked to death, I think, but that contract extension.. what were the club thinking? I mean really. It totally defies all business logic to offer a contract extension when on a really bad run and that was what,,,? 6 losses ago. It is not as if the guy is going to be suddenly poached is it. Really. Cannot stop shaking my head over that one.

It does because you could see we were crap at the start of the season. 

30 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

They did it to show the club backed the manager when some players started to question him... strange maybe, but I doubt it costs the club anything as in his contract somewhere will be min/max release fees that he will receive regardless of contract length.

27 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

the silence is deafening from the club, mark ashton or the chairman need to come out with a statement we cant just let this rumble on.

He did 2 interviews this week..... what do you want hourly updates ?

Archived