IGNORED

He HAS to go now (Merged)

BCFC_Josh

The buck stops with him end of, look at most of 7 straight league defeats + the crappy form leading to the 7 straight  league defeats and it's all about game management, especially when winning or having got back level (which is a position that we have achieved in numerous defeats) and today should have be the final wake up call, a very poor Cardiff side scored 3 goals against us but then managed the game out for a win once they had taken the lead, we twice gave away a winning position and then a drawing position and my god it was oh so predictable, a needless penalty, a goal that came after pressure caused by a Brownhill back heel on the edge of his own area FFS, I bet no Cardiff defenders did anything like that?.

We are too nice, too brittle in midfield and far too predictable, I have seen LJ's post match comments and the one comment that I agree with is this  LJ: "We have to see it through. They didn't have to work hard to win it."

Either the players are so dull that they cannot adhere to LJ's tactics or they don't understand LJ's tactics or just ignore LJ's tactics, the bottom line is his time is running out and running out fast.

And I just had to my cat put down, thanks LJ and the boys for cheering me up, overpaid tossers.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

They did it to show the club backed the manager when some players started to question him... strange maybe, but I doubt it costs the club anything as in his contract somewhere will be min/max release fees that he will receive regardless of contract length.

He did 2 interviews this week..... what do you want hourly updates ?

yes

2 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Agreed. Sacking him now would be an absolute joke.  OK, we're on a bad run, but how many more managers are we going to Sack? 

Isn't it about time a few of the playears started to look at themselves?

I kind of agree with this.  But how many of the players really feel this. It's a different team  (and subs bench) and tactics every week

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Either the players are so dull that they cannot adhere to LJ's tactics or they don't understand LJ's tactics or just ignore LJ's tactics, the bottom line is his time is running out and running out fast.

Nail on head  :thumbsup: and the very essence of the current problems IMHO

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The buck stops with him end of, look at most of 7 straight league defeats + the crappy form leading to the 7 straight  league defeats and it's all about game management, especially when winning or having got back level (which is a position that we have achieved in numerous defeats) and today should have be the final wake up call, a very poor Cardiff side scored 3 goals against us but then managed the game out for a win once they had taken the lead, we twice gave away a winning position and then a drawing position and my god it was oh so predictable, a needless penalty, a goal that came after pressure caused by a Brownhill back heel on the edge of his own area FFS, I bet no Cardiff defenders did anything like that?.

We are too nice, too brittle in midfield and far too predictable, I have seen LJ's post match comments and the one comment that I agree with is this  LJ: "We have to see it through. They didn't have to work hard to win it."

And I just had to my cat put down, thanks LJ and the boys for cheering me up, overpaid tossers.

today showed how fresh LJ is into his managerial career! His subs against Reading were negative and today it seemed he was scared to make changes and see the game out. They say you learn from your mistakes and it seems there's not many more LJ can make before he gets something right? 

Thought this would happen when he signed for you.

He has no clue what he is doing!!

Square pegs in round holes by any chance??

No way a squad like yours should be going 13 defeats in 16!!

Absolute clueless when it comes to fixing obvious issues and his arrogance angered me massively!!

Get rid lads!!

I've decided to not post on OTIB until tomorrow so this is just a hello to everyone who enjoyed the exact same tactics and mess as every other game for month after month. Someone will tell you we have had more chances than anyone else in the Championship and if that keeps you going being positive then stop wasting your money watching City because most of them are speculative punts from outside the box as we never get anyone forward let alone beyond our strikers. We are not a team that creates serious chances. We are a team that can manage five passes along the halfway line and then abort mission. If Lee Johnson is a bright young manager, English football has more problems than anyone imagined.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Probably wrong thread but building a stadium without growing a sustained supporter Base and a flawed transfer policy.

Ok

Well, the stadium was needed to provide now, and in the future , a base that financially will allow us to , compete in part at least , financially at this level 

(We were unable to build a 'growing sustained supporter base' with the 'old stadium' !!!!!! )

The 'flawed transfer policy' 

I might agree with this I part but what do you mean by flawed ?

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Sadly as a season ticket holder of over 40 years I have never seen a less motivated manager in charge of the club I love

Dreadful to bring him in

Cheap option

We will play the Rovers next year

we never learn do we, one day we might get it right, hope like you I live long enough to see it

We took a punt on a rookie manager who was apparently highly regarded by top coaches within the game. The fact that he is an ex-player and son of one of our more successful and well respected managers obviously helped him get the gig but it was always going to be a gamble. To extend his contract so early into the season was a frankly ridiculous decision which is comparable to the decision to extend Andy Robinsons contract with Bristol Rugby. Robinsons time was up soon after and i'm afraid LJ's time is now up as well.

Bristol Sport (Rugby) have realised the error of their ways and have pushed the boat out to sign a top coach in Pat Lam, surely if we are serious about pushing for the premiership they have to do something similar with BCFC.

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

Simple question. Where would Cotterill have been given the backing that LJ has had?

With the exceptions of Tomlin and O'Neill, Cotterell probably would have refused to sign any of the players, or to play them if they were signed. He only played Kodjia out of desperation and refused to look beyond the Championship. 

LJ is being legitimately criticised, but let's not pretend Cotterill wasn't mental, and given a squad cherry-picked from the best in League One for the promotion season.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ok

Well, the stadium was needed to provide now, and in the future , a base that financially will allow us to , compete in part at least , financially at this level 

(We were unable to build a 'growing sustained supporter base' with the 'old stadium' !!!!!! )

The 'flawed transfer policy' 

I might agree with this I part but what do you mean by flawed ?

I am not in favour of bringing in too many overseas players in January. Whilst there are always exceptions, in the main I don't think there's value out there in January.

Generally overseas players need time to adjust to Championship football and no pre season increases the risk.  

We never sell in January and benefit from the January premium meaning we can invest in the summer.

Also, whilst transfer fees may 'look' reasonable, we're not privy to how much we've paid players to come here.  I suspect over the odds. This will create problems in the future.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I am not in favour of bringing in too many overseas players in January. Whilst there are always exceptions, in the main I don't think there's value out there in January.

Generally overseas players need time to adjust to Championship football and no pre season increases the risk.  

We never sell in January and benefit from the January premium meaning we can invest in the summer.

Also, whilst transfer fees may 'look' reasonable, we're not privy to how much we've paid players to come here.  I suspect over the odds. This will create problems in the future.

Agree with this in general terms :thumbsup:

And my question would be - How many players did LJ sign in the summer ?

Fed up with the 'ones for the future' yarn now

( Becoming an excuse for dodgy recruitment IMHO)

Thats fine ONCE you have your starters quality Squad right , build a development squad behind it, not BEFORE you have

The Football League doesn't pause whilst you develop players to be ready

it's like buying lots of new furniture for a house that you havnt exchanged contracts on !!

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Warnock EVEN gave Johnson a clue as to what was going to happen by bringing on two wingers, Johnson should've reacted then

It's been basic stuff all season mate and always has been. Some of the fluff on here about what LJ does is thoroughly honourable but says much more about the intelligence of those fans than it does LJ, whose philosophy wasn't working three months ago and still isn't working.

23 minutes ago, Olé said:

I've decided to not post on OTIB until tomorrow so this is just a hello to everyone who enjoyed the exact same tactics and mess as every other game for month after month. Someone will tell you we have had more chances than anyone else in the Championship and if that keeps you going being positive then stop wasting your money watching City because most of them are speculative punts from outside the box as we never get anyone forward let alone beyond our strikers. We are not a team that creates serious chances. We are a team that can manage five passes along the halfway line and then abort mission. If Lee Johnson is a bright young manager, English football has more problems than anyone imagined.

This has to be THE most depressing post on this forum today.

Not because I have any doubt it is correct (mirrors closely what my father relayed to having seen today; his 'highlights' including three of our players players in animated discussion just prior to the first equaliser, clearly unsure of the tactics they were being asked to implement), but because of how even-handed and insightful your analysis has been this season, and the grim inevitability of today's result in light of much of this this.

I genuinely look forward to your forthcoming analysis of this match, even if I doubt I'll actively enjoy what it describes, if you get my drift.

I can't remember the quote that relates to any pleasure taken from being able to accurately predict the outcome of something being diminished by that outcome being terrible, but am sure that is how you must feel right now.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good point Dave

Came with a few flaws but

If we are paying him still...,Give him a ring

'What plans have you Steve , for the next 4 months ?'

Cheap option if nothing else !!!!

;)

Actually his 12 month pay-off probably finished yesterday!

I believe everything lee say's, I believe he loves the club and I believe he thinks he's good enough. But I'm now unsure that lee is the man to take us forward, I want lee to prove me wrong because I do want him to succeed at BCFC and it's saddens me that he may not:'(. The following week is massive for him win both and we could push on again, loose and lee goes. He's now on a knife edge. Let's take a step back for a few seconds and contemplate, lee does love this club , he will do his very best for us and wants city to win as much as we do, he is a human being that deserves some respect and backing whilst he's in BCFC manager. But at the end of the day if he proves he's not capable then unfortunately he must stand aside. We see players and managers leave but we the fans are BCFC.

1 minute ago, hay dens party said:

I believe everything lee say's, I believe he loves the club and I believe he thinks he's good enough. But I'm now unsure that lee is the man to take us forward, I want lee to prove me wrong because I do want him to succeed at BCFC and it's saddens me that he may not:'(. The following week is massive for him win both and we could push on again, loose and lee goes. He's now on a knife edge. Let's take a step back for a few seconds and contemplate, lee does love this club , he will do his very best for us and wants city to win as much as we do, he is a human being that deserves some respect and backing whilst he's in BCFC manager. But at the end of the day if he proves he's not capable then unfortunately he must stand aside. We see players and managers leave but we the fans are BCFC.

I'd be amazed if he isn't riddled with self-doubt. 

1 minute ago, hay dens party said:

If Lee is so honourable, then he should fall on his sword. He knows that his position is untenable.

7 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

And..............

Breathe !!!!!!!! :thumbsup::blink:

And your our conclusion is ?????

:wacko:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

And..............

Breathe !!!!!!!! :thumbsup::blink:

And your our conclusion is ?????

:wacko:

treat the man with the respect that we'd want for ourselves, if he stays or goes he has done his very best, plus would any of use who found ourselves in the managers hot seat walk away from BCFC the club we love?

Archived