IGNORED

Gary Rowett

SuperFly2002

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You seem to think support means not saying anything to question the Head Coaches abilities or suitability 

You don't seem to grasp that supporters who have doubts about , or even enough of , LJ are still supporters, very passionate supporters on the whole and they don't want the side to lose - They just want a decent Head Coach before we slide through a big trap door

Sorry Bob, have to disagree... there has been enough threads here and there is one now how a 'fan' wants us to lose... thats not being a supporter regardless if you dislike the manager or not. I don't care whether LJ is upto it or not (and he's already proved he is) I want the club to win every game and be successful, people who want the club to lose to get rid of someone I have 0 respect for, in fact I think they are *****

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Sorry Bob, have to disagree... there has been enough threads here and there is one now how a 'fan' wants us to lose... thats not being a supporter regardless if you dislike the manager or not. I don't care whether LJ is upto it or not (and he's already proved he is) I want the club to win every game and be successful, people who want the club to lose to get rid of someone I have 0 respect for, in fact I think they are *****

***** = jolly good fellows?

4 hours ago, SuperFly2002 said:

If LJ loses tonight and then again on Saturday, imo he will leave by mutual consent............but, just stumbled across this.........how credible it is I dont know, but has Rowett been put on standby?

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/nottingham-forest/news/gary-rowett-turns-down-forest-job_289659.html?utm_source=twitter_links&utm_medium=SMBristol&utm_campaign=twitter

Now he could just be the man we need... he might just do for us what Monk has done for Leeds! LJ you need to go and learn a bit about yourself and management in the lower leagues before you can come and guide a club like City!

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Nick Carle was a level above Johnson. Johnson coming on at Wembley cost us promotion with Elliot moving to right back. 

Your last part is rubbish, wasn't Johnsons at fault at all... it was the chances squandered and the injury to Orr which forced Elliot to move there in the first place.

You don't have talk a load of garbage

I never have wanted a Bristol City side to lose and on the face of it , it's not good

but

Those who do will undoubtedly say 'If it means us losing a match to benefit the Club in the long run '

and there is an argument in that if you look long term rather than very short time

In my ideal world I'd like to see LJ prove to me and others that all the numerous red warning signs were a set of unfortunate coincidences and he is indeed a very good leader

IMHO that's not the case and won't happen , but I hope it does

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I never have wanted a Bristol City side to lose and on the face of it , it's not good

but

Those who do will undoubtedly say 'If it means us losing a match to benefit the Club in the long run '

and there is an argument in that if you look long term rather than very short time

In my ideal world I'd like to see LJ prove to me and others that all the numerous red warning signs were a set of unfortunate coincidences and he is indeed a very good leader

IMHO that's not the case and won't happen , but I hope it does

And thats fine and fair enough for his critics to be proven wrong, for me there's no guarantee it is beneficial in the long term mind. We could hire Rowett and in a year, fans may call for his head or it maybe an unbridled success.. if LJ can through this patch, he could be success. Its a gamble, thankfully I'm not in that position to say stick or twist.

For the record, I want LJ to succeed, I like the guy and he think he could be a success here based on his initial good work.. the signings potentially are an upgrade on what we had but right now I am in the unsure group. 

2 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I think you're actually part of the problem. I wish this club didn't have fans that are happy to sit back and watch one of the promising squads we've ever had rot away under a supposedly 'promising' manager. 

Promising squad, same shit fans. Show half as much passion supporting the team rather than crying and whining about them and we'd be half way there. For a club that's spent 40 years in the lower leagues, we have an embarrassing ratio of delusional fans who deem it necessary to criticize and belittle players and managers whether we win, lose or draw.

We haven't yet earned the right to be challenging for honours, and to adopt the desperate sense of entitlement that some fans have is comical. No small part of the reason that we're forever trying to please the dipshit minority.

The non-hand gesturing, non-swearing majority will always be second to the minority who use the club as an outlet for their anger and aggression, whatever happens on the pitch. It's like groundhog day year in, year out. Even the 2007-08 team was criticised for winning games 1-0, and I'm still baffled by that.

And thats fine and fair enough for his critics to be proven wrong, for me there's no guarantee it is beneficial in the long term mind. We could hire Rowett and in a year, fans may call for his head or it maybe an unbridled success.. if LJ can through this patch, he could be success. Its a gamble, thankfully I'm not in that position to say stick or twist.

For the record, I want LJ to succeed, I like the guy and he think he could be a success here based on his initial good work.. the signings potentially are an upgrade on what we had but right now I am in the unsure group. 

on his initial good work

Really you think LJ has done good work! A few what can only be described as lucky wins at the beginning of the season accompanied  with the same circumstances of us conceding late goals still a whole year on from Cotterill. You are seeing a very different picture than I my friend.  ;-)

tinman82 is correct. If I remember rightly Marvin Elliott was voted by his fellow professionals in the championship player' player team that season; replacing Orr at right back with Elliott was a shocking decision. We'll never know but we really needed Elliott in midfield, Hull were not a great side. Carey to right back and bring on Vasko. The selection of Johnson also kept Hartley on the bench - joke. 

Just now, We live in hope said:

Really you think LJ has done good work! A few what can only be described as lucky wins at the beginning of the season accompanied  with the same circumstances of us conceding late goals still a whole year on from Cotterill. You are seeing a very different picture than I my friend.  ;-)

He took over and did a decent job by pulling us away from the drop and had a bright start with a half decent league cup run... hence why I said initial good work. 

2 minutes ago, irishreds said:

tinman82 is correct. If I remember rightly Marvin Elliott was voted by his fellow professionals in the championship player' player team that season; replacing Orr at right back with Elliott was a shocking decision. We'll never know but we really needed Elliott in midfield, Hull were not a great side. Carey to right back and bring on Vasko. The selection of Johnson also kept Hartley on the bench - joke. 

No biggie but, No it didn't, I think you mean a different player. Unless you didn't mean in the play off final.

2 minutes ago, irishreds said:

Not LJs fault is it as what tinman85 said...

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

The metre is pretty ropey, but better than the previous.

Sorry Mike, I also meant to say that I do my poetry in feet and inches  - not metric.  :whistle:

19 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Your last part is rubbish, wasn't Johnsons at fault at all... it was the chances squandered and the injury to Orr which forced Elliot to move there in the first place.

You don't have talk a load of garbage

I think the way he's wrong about just about everything could almost be described as a talent. 

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Could be, that's the gamble. I feel give LJ the next 2 games if no improvement then sorry change has to be made and lets hope Rowett is still around and wants it. Wouldn't be surprised if "feelers" along those lines have not already gone out.

I would hope that the club have tentaively put feelers out to potential replacements. They must have a backup plan if they do decide (obviously reluctantly) on SL's part to pull the trigger. Arguably if LJ is given his marching orders then another 'up and coming' managet has been shown as not the way forward. 

5 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I would hope that the club have tentaively put feelers out to potential replacements.

They must have a backup plan if they do decide (obviously reluctantly) on SL's part to pull the trigger.

Arguably if LJ is given his marching orders then another 'up and coming' managet has been shown as not the way forward. 

Would like to think so wouldn't you Buster !!!

One flaw with that idea  is we never have before !!!!!!

:blink:

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would like to think so wouldn't you Buster !!!

One flaw with that idea  is we never have before !!!!!!

:blink:

You would like to think so. Off the field the club is now run professionaly isnt it? people looking over the fence as what we are doing or so we are told by MA :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

But there is no guarantee he could bring the same level of performances to us.

I just find threads like this incredibly disrespectful to LJ. The guy has dedicated a lot of his life to Bristol City and he really does care and is trying really hard. 

I do feel however that he will never ever be able to win some fans back no matter what he may achieve here. 

You make it sound like he is doing it for free. He gets very well paid. It`s a job, not a calling (well, for him anyway....he`s not some life long fan)

Archived