IGNORED

I Hope We Lose Tonight

Londoner

• Admin
1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

Oh dear. I can't agree. I want LJ gone but what I would love more is a win tonight, a great performance on Saturday and then a resurgent run to the playoffs, a last minute Engvall winner against Newcastle at Wembley & everyone singing Johnson says bounce around the ground......

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I do feel posts like this will result in random drug screening coming to OTIB.........

Just now, Londoner said:

Unfortunately you are incapable of understanding the game, and unable to argue view points resulting in you having to focus on spelling. Id be far more interesting in your posts if you could come up with interesting points rather than picking up on spelling mistakes.

OK then.

What have you based the highlighted section on? Which posts, break it down. I haven't made any posts in the last few days, certainly, that would show a lack of understanding of the game other than being unsure on the specifics of one rule which is almost never used. 

As for the bit in italic, I have argued a point with you already, to which you haven't given a response. In fact I have argued at least 2 points, neither of which you have countered, and I haven't been pulling you up on spelling mistakes. I have, however, 'liked' a few posts extracting the urine from the number of spelling and grammatical errors you- a self proclaimed academic- make.

I await an actual response (for a change).

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I couldnt give a shit about the cup, and even if we won we would almost certainly get beat in the next round.

Hopefully a loss will result on the dismisal of the manager and then finally we can move forward. Rossler, Rowett, Pearson whatever. I appreciate that this will cause unhappiness, but its the way i see it and no doubt some, but few, will agree.

I wont be cheering fist pumping or anything like that, will tune in at full time and see what happens....only feeling this because i want lj gone.

Harsh but true.

Complete and utter bellend 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

OK then.

What have you based the highlighted section on? Which posts, break it down. I haven't made any posts in the last few days, certainly, that would show a lack of understanding of the game other than being unsure on the specifics of one rule which is almost never used. 

As for the bit in italic, I have argued a point with you already, to which you haven't given a response. In fact I have argued at least 2 points, neither of which you have countered, and I haven't been pulling you up on spelling mistakes. I have, however, 'liked' a few posts extracting the urine from the number of spelling and grammatical errors you- a self proclaimed academic- make.

I await an actual response (for a change).

Its very simple.

If you did have knowledge and understanding you would be raising interesting arguments rather than focusing on my spelling.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I couldnt give a shit about the cup, and even if we won we would almost certainly get beat in the next round.

Hopefully a loss will result on the dismisal of the manager and then finally we can move forward. Rossler, Rowett, Pearson whatever. I appreciate that this will cause unhappiness, but its the way i see it and no doubt some, but few, will agree.

I wont be cheering fist pumping or anything like that, will tune in at full time and see what happens....only feeling this because i want lj gone.

Harsh but true.

I hate this forum so much sometimes...

7 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Others are too short sighted to understand.

Alternatively, others aren't shorted sighted at all and fully understand the assertion you are making that a defeat tonight might prove beneficial in the long term - but still consider it preferable to win the match on the basis that:-

a) we want the team to win regardless of circumstances.

b) we would like the team to progress to the next round of the competition.

c) there are no guarantees that a defeat would result in the dismissal of the manager.

d) there are no guarantees that the dismissal of the manager would prove to be the right long term decision.

e) a win tonight may provide the confidence necessary to end the losing run and enable the team to achieve a credible mid table finish with Johnson remaining in charge.

15 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Playing devils advocate, can people not see where Londoner is coming from?

I think it would very much be a case of short term pain for long term gain, were we to lose heavily tonight and Johnson be dismissed. Whats more, would a trip to Burnley or Sunderland be what we need right now? We are in a desperate fight for survival and Id rather have no distractions because losing this fight doesnt even bear thinking about.

Do I WANT us to lose? Of course not. Id never go that far. Would I be super pissed off to lose to Fleetwood? Hell yes. Would I GRUDGINGLY ACCEPT defeat if it created an outcome that would benefit us in the long run? Absolutely. I just want the best possible future for this club and LJ is clearly not part of that future.

Londoner has a perfectly valid mindset, he just perhaps could have worded it a bit better. It would help if he wasnt such an arrogant pillock either.

There is an argument to be made (albeit not the strongest and I'm only going to have a quick go at it), that by sticking with Johnson we are suffering short term pain with long term gain in mind.

He was highly rated prior to his arrival, he is in the process of overhauling the squad, and even with this dreadful run taking up roughly 1/4 of his games in charge, our points per game under him for a whole season sees us safe.

Now safety shouldn't be the aim, but with a young manager who will make mistakes and is learning on the job and who is overhauling the squad a rough patch is almost certainly going to happen, regardless of the manager.

We have seen Johnson suffer a terrible run at Barnsley, and by all accounts there was similar at Oldham too, but crucially he was able to stop them on both occasions. Now as I've said earlier in the thread football is not something you can repeat- there will never be 2 identical seasons. But his history would suggest Johnson can turn this dreadful run around and start a good run ala Barnsley last season.

Edit- Crux of the point is that, as with most things which are purely opinion based (no matter how avid a follower, none of us have a magic power to tell us what will happen one way or the other) there can usually be an argument made either way.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Its very simple.

If you did have knowledge and understanding you would be raising interesting arguments rather than focusing on my spelling.

Already have

I wasn't.

Already covered both of those though, so it appears basic reading comprehension is too difficult for this "academic".

1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

Oh dear. I can't agree. I want LJ gone but what I would love more is a win tonight, a great performance on Saturday and then a resurgent run to the playoffs, a last minute Engvall winner against Newcastle at Wembley & everyone singing Johnson says bounce around the ground......

I'd settle for a win tonight though 

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There is an argument to be made (albeit not the strongest and I'm only going to have a quick go at it), that by sticking with Johnson we are suffering short term pain with long term gain in mind.

He was highly rated prior to his arrival, he is in the process of overhauling the squad, and even with this dreadful run taking up roughly 1/4 of his games in charge, our points per game under him for a whole season sees us safe.

Now safety shouldn't be the aim, but with a young manager who will make mistakes and is learning on the job and who is overhauling the squad a rough patch is almost certainly going to happen, regardless of the manager.

We have seen Johnson suffer a terrible run at Barnsley, and by all accounts there was similar at Oldham too, but crucially he was able to stop them on both occasions. Now as I've said earlier in the thread football is not something you can repeat- there will never be 2 identical seasons. But his history would suggest Johnson can turn this dreadful run around and start a good run ala Barnsley last season.

If anything proves my point this does .

Barnsley a bigger team in a small pond in one of poorest league 1s in years compared to us who have derby sheffield wednesday newcastle and leeds coming up in the next month.

Seriously.

Just now, Londoner said:

If anything proves my point this does .

Barnsley a bigger team in a small pond in one of poorest league 1s in years compared to us who have derby sheffield wednesday newcastle and leeds coming up in the next month.

Seriously.

Oldham a smaller team in a bigger pond, your point lost entirely.

9 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Its very simple.

The reason people are focusing on your illiteracy is because you've claimed to be some sort of big-shot academic, whereas actually you're demonstrating yourself to be proper thick.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I'd phrase it like this...

I want City to win. 

But, if 2200hrs comes & we've lost and said defeat causes LJ to be sacked then I'll be able to see the benefits of us having been beaten. 

Yup.

When we beat Liverpool in the purple and lime and it led to Graham Souness being sacked; my mate who was a Liverpool fan bought me a drink. He didn't want Liverpool to lose but when they did there was a net benefit.

Archived