IGNORED

Engvall

bpexile

22 hours ago, Robbie_Turner said:

Thats just the trouble....no one knows what he is thinking apart from him and Holden...!!!

Weird, I just hope they realize that considering the season performance, there has to be a radical change of some sort. Unfortunately, a great influence is player contracts and what all that means to who plays or not. Instability with team management cause instability among the players. Sure hope City can turn the losing streek around.

Look, surely if he was any good he'd be in the team, end of.  His signing looked dodgy from the start - very little in the way of pedigree or track record - and its hardly a great surprise that he has turned out to be a dud.  I don't know who scouted him, but it's hard to see what they saw in him.  From what I've seen he has decent ball control, but I have yet to see him do anything that would set him above an average league one striker.  I'm surprised he isn't being let out on loan.

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Look, surely if he was any good he'd be in the team, end of.  His signing looked dodgy from the start - very little in the way of pedigree or track record - and its hardly a great surprise that he has turned out to be a dud.  I don't know who scouted him, but it's hard to see what they saw in him.  From what I've seen he has decent ball control, but I have yet to see him do anything that would set him above an average league one striker.  I'm surprised he isn't being let out on loan.

Maybe they'be brought him for next season!

I do agree it is questionable why he isn't being sent out on loan as daft as it sounds I would be looking at Rovers or Swindon for the rest of the season. The reason why I say those two is because he's new to the country , would mean he can stay living in Bristol and not have to relocate for four / five months. He can continue to train with city maybe one day a week and social with the players. 

26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Look, surely if he was any good he'd be in the team, end of. 

So any player not in the first team is deemed not good enough?

His signing looked dodgy from the start - very little in the way of pedigree or track record - and its hardly a great surprise that he has turned out to be a dud. 

What a ridiculous statement.....how much pedigree or track record are you expecting from a 20 year old? We signed him, in the words of the club, as a "highly-rated youngster" which would suggest he wasn't likely to go straight into the first team. Tammy's form, appearance deal with Chelsea and playing one up front has meant very limited chances for the kid.....that does not make him a dud.

I don't know who scouted him, but it's hard to see what they saw in him.  From what I've seen he has decent ball control, but I have yet to see him do anything that would set him above an average league one striker.  I'm surprised he isn't being let out on loan.

So, how much have you actually seen of him from the 3 appearances and 2 subs, mainly in the cup to draw that conclusion? He's a young kid who has come to a new country, playing in a frantic league who no doubt needed time to get championship fit........he needs a proper opportunity and a run in the side.

Maybe he might get that chance when we're back in league one and Tammy goes back  

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Maybe he might get that chance when we're back in league one and Tammy goes back  

I respect your faith in him and admit I have seen little of him, but what I have seen has not given me any great hope that he will be a success.  I will be more than pleased if he is, but at present he doesn't seem to be making much progress.  I can't quite see the point of him hovering around the fringes and not getting a game and maybe if he was sent out on loan we'd all get a chance to see if he was any good.

I've never been able to reconcile rumours that he was being watched by premier league representatives on the training ground, but he can't get an opportunity in the first team.  If the club felt he could offer something at the moment, he would surely be being used as an impact sub.

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I respect your faith in him and admit I have seen little of him, but what I have seen has not given me any great hope that he will be a success.  I will be more than pleased if he is, but at present he doesn't seem to be making much progress.  I can't quite see the point of him hovering around the fringes and not getting a game and maybe if he was sent out on loan we'd all get a chance to see if he was any good.

I've never been able to reconcile rumours that he was being watched by premier league representatives on the training ground, but he can't get an opportunity in the first team.  If the club felt he could offer something at the moment, he would surely be being used as an impact sub.

It's blind faith on my part as I wont have seen him much more than you, however, the esteemed scouting/recruitment teams brought him in and we paid a lot of money for him. Clearly he would have needed some time to settle in and get fit but considering we are now almost 2 thirds through the season and the predicament we are in, you would have thought he would have been offered an opportunity......he is an out and out striker with pace.

So either he is a dud or maybe, just maybe this is another in the long line of LJs coaching/man management/tactical/decision making flaws

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

well, take a look on youtube and you will see his performace in the past, He is way above average, so I agree to disagree

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

At age 15 he was invited by Liverpool who wanted him in their youth training, he decided to go to Gothenburg. Stoke nearly signed him, but after he got injured that fell through.......

I understand the Engval situation now .

If or when we go down our top players will be snapped up by other bigger clubs like Wigan , Burton and Barnsley, all apart from Engval who nobody has seen therefore won't want to buy him .

Engval stays ,rips up the turd division and we come straight back up  then sell him for ten million.

This is why Uncle Steve is obscenely minted , thinking outside the box .

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎22 at 18:54, bristolcitysweden said:

The odd thing is that he can't get a fair chance in a team losing week in and week out

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I understand the Engval situation now .

If or when we go down our top players will be snapped up by other bigger clubs like Wigan , Burton and Barnsley, all apart from Engval who nobody has seen therefore won't want to buy him .

Engval stays ,rips up the turd division and we come straight back up  then sell him for ten million.

This is why Uncle Steve is obscenely minted , thinking outside the box .

Well, I have no opinion about that, because it is all financial gain and as far as I know, this kid is worth every £

11 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I respect your opinion, but like @RedRaw, I disagree.

Of course its all blind faith (as @RedRaw states), because we haven't seen much of him, but on the flip side I don't think you've seen enough to conclude the other way.

Until recently we've predominantly played one striker...Abraham...who has score a shed loads in relative terms for a poor team.  That's one avenue restricting game time....plus an injury when he first arrived.

In our struggling run, LJ when he has brought on a striker sub, has tended to go for the old reliable warhorse Wilbraham, his physical abilities usually more conducive to chasing a game with more direct football.

Of late Djuric has been signed and he's jumped the queue.

None of the above makes me reach a conclusion of him being an average League One striker...none of us have seen enough of him....yet.

For the limited amount of times I've seen him, I think he's shown flashes of ability, desire, a bit of physicality that makes me think he can become a success here.  That might not be Tammy or Andy Cole proportions, but could easily see him be a good fool for Djuric next season.

He's 20, arrived from a foreign country.

Drogba was 26 when he moved to Chelsea, and had uprooted before that.  Took him almost to end of his first season to get going.  He was a fully grown man, physically immense, but struggled, in and out of the side. 

I think he has done well to be a regular in the match day 18, with the occasional start.

I'd rather we gave him a bit of time and see him play 6-10 90 minutes (or best part of) before we form a true opinion.

If we should slip back into league 1 then I would imagine him and anyone else earning a decent wedge will have to go. The club appears to respect FFP rules and 60% of turnover for salaries wont go far on gates half of the current size. Possibly one for the future like Moore but only if we retain our status

Archived