IGNORED

Richard O'Donnell - Gone

RedM

3 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Well we're (probably) getting a season of midtable football, it's just that we seem to be getting the good form and bad form in big chunks rather than being evenly distributed across the season.

I do agree that SL has made bold assertions about where the club will be in the near future on more than one occasion in the past. I expect he's disappointed at the moment, but if he really thinks the manager isn't meeting expectations then he'll sack him. At the moment we have to conclude that [a] he's confident that things will turn round and progress is acceptable, if not great.

Sometimes remarkable things do happen in football. Sometimes Barnsley or Crystal Palace go from the bottom half to promotion in six months. Sometimes Leicester City go from being in a relegation battle one season to champions the next. Conversely sometimes champions end up in relegation battles the following season. Those things are remarkable because they are rare. More often than not they don't happen. Just because something can happen doesn't mean it should be expected to.

Accepted. But I say again, the vast majority did not demand or expect anything "remarkable" or have unrealistic expectations, they only hoped to see progress, to go from finishing 18th last year (in the bottom third) to finishing in something like 15th - 10th (in the middle third). Lose Saturday and the "progress" is 3 points on 12 months ago. For a club in such rude health, that is very disappointing. Cardiff, Forest and Blackburn have their off-field reasons for struggle - and Burton and Rotherham are clearly constrained - what's our excuse?

But as you say, we might yet finish comfortably in midtable, in that middle 8. There is still time. And many of us will look a bit silly. But given our history, no surprise many are flapping and panicking after this poor run of results.

Not sure a January as busy as this was ever part of the plan back in August either

26 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Accepted. But I say again, the vast majority did not demand or expect anything "remarkable" or have unrealistic expectations, they only hoped to see progress, to go from finishing 18th last year (in the bottom third) to finishing in something like 15th - 10th (in the middle third). Lose Saturday and the "progress" is 3 points on 12 months ago. For a club in such rude health, that is very disappointing. Cardiff, Forest and Blackburn have their off-field reasons for struggle - and Burton and Rotherham are clearly constrained - what's our excuse?

But as you say, we might yet finish comfortably in midtable, in that middle 8. There is still time. And many of us will look a bit silly. But given our history, no surprise many are flapping and panicking after this poor run of results.

Not sure a January as busy as this was ever part of the plan back in August either

Again I do not disagree with you.

We should be doing better than we are now. I expect our form to pick up and for us to finish somewhere between 10th and 15th. If it does not then something catastrophic will have happened and the manager at the very least will lose his job (I mean that others might go too, not that LJ might suffer a fate worse than sacking).

If we'd won and lost the same number of matches but spread more evenly across the season there would still be disappointment but I feel there would be less panic than there is now.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Not what the 100's of fans say who saw/ heard something, now tell me why the talent that is Tomlin is sitting on the bench, a player that cost 3m , and then try and tell me there is not an issue with discipline?  

Because something gets said out of frustration in the heat of the moment, doesn't equal undermining. 

The reported "problems" have been categorically denied and the squad selections explained.

6 hours ago, Richard Head said:

I don't think it's a matter of LJ not liking him as he signed him on a permanent contract following loan. He looked good last season but lost confidence following a couple of awful games.

Pretty sure Pembo/Ashton brought him in on a permanent about a week before LJ was manager. 

6 hours ago, Strawberry2157. said:

That was a quote from ROD himself... my opinions are made from first hand comments. I wish the decisions being made we're about football & ability.

I don't give a flying f if he comes over and has chats with you, high fives and photos. Anyone can do that but it seems because certain players do that you have a love in with them which in turn gives you an agenda against LJ. 

I've never liked him from the moment I saw him standing there watching some bloody fireworks and quite rightly he was dropped after that.

3 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Thanks guys all the best for the season. Now to find my flat cap & whippet.

So, 'The hand of RO'D', previously known as 'Kodjia Sprained Wrist' - what's you new name going to be? How about Freeman's Discarded Man Bun?

You can have that moniker for a a few weeks. Or you can pick someone else in the team that you want to put the curse on

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Giefer now confirmed. 

Unfortunately for ROD,  he will be forever remembered for THAT lob. Perhaps the worst goalkeeping clanger I've seen in person in a lifetime of watching football. 

@Red-Robbo not as bad as David James punching a harmless cross into his own net against Watford with no player within 10ft.

i quite like ROD slightly better than little frankie.

Fingers crossed the new German keeper is as good as the other German arrival 

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

I have a cunning plan ...when we play Rotherham at home on Feb 4th all we have to do is let off fireworks over the ground ....ROD will be mesmerised ....and we're in! ...3 points in the bag! :whistle:

I shall be waiting In the park. Just give me a call when he's off his line and I'll set them off.

8 hours ago, Strawberry2157. said:

That was a quote from ROD himself... my opinions are made from first hand comments. I wish the decisions being made we're about football & ability.

Well let ROD speak for himself , clearly a stalker fan who hangs around after the final whistle for ages and get quotes from players then spreads them all over OTIB!! 

Very Classy!

Archived