IGNORED

Time to change our club badge?

Inactive user

If/when the badge next changes, if it includes the year the club first started, please could we actually have the correct year. That said I wouldn't bother to include it at all to be honest.

As for the design, I have a soft spot for the 70s robin but something simpler and less likely to date would be my preference. And yes it's likely to include the Suspension Bridge because you can see it from Ashton Gate plus it's the one recognisable landmark for people elsewhere in the country that they associate with Bristol.

I am sure there are plenty of graphic designers in the city who could come up with something good.

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

If/when the badge next changes, if it includes the year the club first started, please could we actually have the correct year. That said I wouldn't bother to include it at all to be honest.

As for the design, I have a soft spot for the 70s robin but something simpler and less likely to date would be my preference. And yes it's likely to include the Suspension Bridge because you can see it from Ashton Gate plus it's the one recognisable landmark for people elsewhere in the country that they associate with Bristol.

I am sure there are plenty of graphic designers in the city who could come up with something good.

Get Banksy to do it…:fear:

19 hours ago, spudski said:

Funnily this subject got spoken about in my local at lunch time.

Not only the badge, but our kit as well.

From a distance, we could be any team that wears generic red and white, and has a 'coat of arms' as a badge.

It really is kind of boring, and it doesn't make us 'stand out' as being Bristol City.

The Purple and Lime with Robin badge....certainly did that, whether you like it or not. People knew it was us.

I'd happily change our colours and badge. You've only got to look at the historical kits website to see how many clubs have done so. Ours looks so boring through the ages.

I'd have Red, Gold and black/blue....a mix of City tradition and Bedminster colours. With a Robins badge.

I'm probably in a minority...but hey...from a distance we are anyone...Swindon, Barnsley etc,etc,etc.

bcfc.png

Something like this @spudski? They say we have been bobbing up and down this league for a long time. 

003166_fc2e9cc0.jpg

Quick crack on Photoshop for 5 minutes, I remember there were a few designs put forward the last time this was mentioned that used a black/white/red stylised robin that were very smart, but I couldn t get me hand on a vector with high enough resolution. Same with the bridge.

Badgeattempt.jpg

On 20/01/2017 at 17:25, phantom said:

Not unique enough for me, too many very similar designs. Lets hhave something very distinctive to us, so when seen people automatically know it's Bristol city 

Fair enough. Perhaps the Robin with the Clifton Suspension bridge in the background that we used to have could be a good idea (updated of course). I've always affiliated with the current badge because I was born in 96 so I'm always going to sway the current badge design. 

On 20/01/2017 at 17:32, NOTBLUE said:

As on our shirts now.

The colour scheme or the design? I like that the badge is red and white on the home one and yellow and navy on the away one. Whether I would like that to be an annual thing instead of the traditional colours on the badge.. probably not. The design of our badge I like and I would happily keep but if we were to get a new badge I wouldn't want the changes to be too drastic.

Archived