IGNORED

The Official Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, Shtanley said:

Well I've never been part of the LJ out camp but if we don't beat Sheffield Wednesday he has to go. I appreciate most will feel even that is too generous but I'm never one for sacking managers. 

Ive no idea who I'd replace him with though.  

We would be better with JP , Wilbs , Scott Murray or Adam Baker or in fact ANYONE right now

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Hahaha oh hear we go again, 

The only one who is pathetic is you just for your response, if LJ has to go then he goes but to say he was the most disastrous appointment is ridiculous

He's spent more that any other manager in our history on a complete new squad and has broken the record for straight defeats.

I've been watching City since 1968 and I have definitely not seen a worse managerial appointment than Johnson, and that even includes SOD.

• Like 3
Just now, willitonciderhead said:

For me, being a patient and loyal person, the Sheff Weds match will be the clincher, lose that game and I'm afraid my patience and loyalty will be spent. Sad to say as I was really hopeful LJ would be right for the long term, but I feel that he has come up short!

If we wait that long, then (pardon the crudity), SL can go **** himself.

• Like 1

Really sorry to say it but we need a new manager. It's a crazy run of losses and every fan has his/her limits, I just reached mine. I thought we could start to turn things round but there is something very wrong with this current set up. We really are too good a team to go down so the finger must be pointed at the manager. Once again, sorry Lee but enough's enough.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let's see what excuses the 'Johnson Believers At All Cost' come up with to excuse him this time ...,

New Signings need time to settle ?

Bad referee ?

Pressure ?

Bad Luck ?

Still need another transfer window and '4 or 5 in ' ?

Its all the players fault ?

Lee Johnson way way out of his depth IMO - Totally clueless how to turn this around - Should have gone after Xmas

If something doesn't change very very soon - we are clearly going down

Complete Joke and if it happens , may rank as the most shameful relegation ( Considering players signed etc ) in living memory

Never understood this, there was never any reason to ever 'believe' in LJ with his previous managerial record, so why would any fan have EVER done so? :dunno:

Absolute joke of an appointment from day 1, always 95% guaranteed to end in disaster.

So depressingly predictable. :grr:

• Like 7

Obviously he needs to go. Needs to happen now so new guy get a free game in the cup to test things and prepare for the Sheff Wed game. Would have thought Rowett is the obvious option - knows the league and would have dreamt of having the kind of resources that LJ has enjoyed. As others have said - can't argue with SL on generosity and MA on business done - but pointless if it's not brought together effectively on the pitch. After more than a year we still lack consistency in formation and selection I.e he does not really know what he is doing.

• Like 6

Listening to that (and I'll bow to anyone there if I'm wrong...) but we sounded poor and toothless.

This was the Rubicon - If we'd managed to overcome Forest today, we'd have taken a first step away from trouble.  

But instead we are now in the thick of it, and with sides like Blackburn and Wigan picking up form, and with Cardiff and QPR pulling clear the rest of the season is a game-by-game fight to stay up.

Johnson isn't the right man for us; we need a new head coach,  I fail to see anything else we can do to escape relegation.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I have been hoping for a while that things will turn around because I wanted LJ to succeed. Unfortunately I am now also moving into the LJ out camp

I have moved into that camp.

Today was his last chance.

The worst run of form for 120 years is more than any manager should hope to survive.

And I just can't see a win coming under him.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, willitonciderhead said:

For me, being a patient and loyal person, the Sheff Weds match will be the clincher, lose that game and I'm afraid my patience and loyalty will be spent. Sad to say as I was really hopeful LJ would be right for the long term, but I feel that he has come up short!

Why don't we just keep giving him 1 more game ffs... can't you see he's clueless, we  look clueless... how has he turned a very talented side into this blithering mess???

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, willitonciderhead said:

nice play on words there come up short I like it

1 minute ago, willitonciderhead said:

I'm just not quite there yet to feel totally happy with LJ going, for me one more home match and that is it for me. I can then sleep at night knowing that he has been given the best chance to turn it around?

This is not project make LJ a management career. This is about Bristol city making progress. We are a disaster in progress...

• Like 2