IGNORED

The Official Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The look of despair on the players' faces after the Cardiff game didn't reveal a lack of effort, Flinty had his head in his hands.

I think the lack of form is basically down to the tactics, constant changes, possible fallouts and a lack of confidence, which is obviously getting worse as the bad run continues. They certainly aren't losing on purpose.

Agree with this. The players are giving their all.  But the tactics, team selection, preparation, constant tinkering is all wrong. And thats down to one person. He must carry the can and be gone tonight. 

• Like 2

I don't believe the players aren't playing for Johnson, I do believe he's hasn't a clue as to what system suits, players to put out or how to get the best out of any of them. 

@MattRSp95 I think more than a few pointed out that our results papered over the cracks of our early season form. A few of those results were gained from goals downand just throwing the kitchen sink at teams. Very few good performances but some decent spells. 

The team has become so fragile that only a change will have a hope of turning things around, as the run and season has gone on, we have gone from having large chunks of possession and a number of shots to where we are today. 1 shot against what should have been the ideal opposition to get a win. No manager, injuries, best player out and dissent in the ranks and we come a poor 2nd. For those (are there any left) who think he can turn it around, really I would love to know, how long and what in the last  8 (straight defeats) has shown that he can turn it around. 

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The look of despair on the players' faces after the Cardiff game didn't reveal a lack of effort, Flinty had his head in his hands.

I think the lack of form is basically down to the tactics, constant changes, possible fallouts and a lack of confidence, which is obviously getting worse as the bad run continues. They certainly aren't losing on purpose.

Totally agree , all the blame must lie with Johnson. I still think we have a good squad with some very good players, but we need a change of coach he has proved himself inept so many times.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

OK, but if the players are not content about all these things you have stated, then it's bound to affect their game and in a way it's the same as not wanting to play for him. LJ does not fire any passion in our players and therefore there is a severe lack of confidence in his lead.  

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

OK, but if the players are not content about all these things you have stated, then it's bound to affect their game and in a way it's the same as not wanting to play for him. LJ does not fire any passion in our players and therefore there is a severe lack of confidence in his lead.  

Yes but there's is a massive difference between that and deliberately trying to get him out by playing badly!

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think more than a few pointed out that our results papered over the cracks of our early season form. A few of those results were gained from goals downand just throwing the kitchen sink at teams. Very few good performances but some decent spells. 

I keep seeing this comment but is it true? We got 17 points from our first 10 games, plus won tricky cup ties away at Scunthorpe and Fulham. That's not fluke.

We were a good side up until October! Then something happened...

EDIT: We were a good side from February to end of September!

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I keep seeing this comment but is it true? We got 17 points from our first 10 games, plus won tricky cup ties away at Scunthorpe and Fulham. That's not fluke.

We were a lucky side until the end of September.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

That is the something I can't work out

We have a good enough first XI to be doing better than this. It's clear that LJ doesn't motivate the team and once that starts to happen, you have to consider replacing your manager.

Whoever comes in now needs to be a motivator because the window will be shut before a replacement is made.

For me, we have to go balls out for Gary Rowett. He can do better for himself but we have to show the ambition is there to be a top half team and hope that he's getting bored being a pundit.

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I was talking about this season. Something seemed to fry Lee's brain over the summer.

I can't agree with LJ being lucky. I mean had we not had a bizarre turnaround away at Wednesday, we'd have been completely flying! Then we got 10 points from 4 tricky games including wins against Leeds at home, and a 4-0 at Fulham. Lucky? It was surreal bad luck to lose the game at Hillsborough and we were fantastic all season despite that...until the international break. Then somehow he lost the players.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I can't agree with LJ being lucky. I mean had we not had a bizarre turnaround away at Wednesday, we'd have been completely flying! Then we got 10 points from 4 tricky games including wins against Leeds at home, and a 4-0 at Fulham. Lucky? It was surreal bad luck to lose the game at Hillsborough and we were fantastic all season despite that...until the international break. Then somehow he lost the players.

This is what I keep coming back to that Cardiff game we looked sullen and not up for it and got bullied to be honest. The infuriating part for me is trying to work out what the hell has been going on. 

I agree, I don't think you can call it luck when it's sustained periods maybe a game or so yes.

Edited by MattRSp95
1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

So what is your opinion then?   Why is it that a team that was performing well, not brilliantly I must admit,  but steady and in a good position in the League,  suddenly start to lose and continue to lose.  They seem to have no passion or confidence and all that is down to the management.  Players don't just start to play badly overnight or all of them lose form at the same time.  You tell me what other reason there is?

Nov 10th LJ brings in Dean Holden and Pembo's influence recedes... the rest is history.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Great read as always Hav.

Intrigued to see our new signings and provide support at this “difficult time” I have made a late decision to go to today’s game.  I have also arranged to combine the match with meeting my daughter who is at uni there. She hates football but I have done a deal with her that I’ll take her out for lunch if she comes to watch City. I am relying on LJ, the players and fellow travelling contingent to make it a day to remember and help my emotional blackmail crusade that it is in her roots.

Don’t let me down (please) :fingerscrossed:.

Well that went well.....not.

At least lunch was good. On the train to London - time to hit the buffet for "refreshment" to forget that game occurred.

• Like 1