IGNORED

The Official Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Today I expected at least a point: losing these sort of games is not acceptable, for a team that wants to keep its place in the Championship.

Probably Johnson is making a lot of mistakes, and probably some players have lost confidence in him....so at this point, I think he should be sacked.

That being said...I'm starting to believe that our team's problems are worse than we think: maybe too many players are not good enough to keep City in this league. Even without a manager on the bench, we should be able to gain points against sides like Cardiff,Ipswich,Forest, etc.

Edited by Dan Robin
1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I have moved into that camp.

Today was his last chance.

The worst run of form for 120 years is more than any manager should hope to survive.

And I just can't see a win coming under him.

Yep, same here. I don't hate the bloke or anything like that and certainly can't be doing with the almost gleeful self righteous smugness that a few on here are demonstrating, but this is unacceptable and can't be allowed to continue. 

• Like 4
Just now, MattRSp95 said:

What has changed from the start of the season? 

The players don't want to play for him, I have said this for weeks now. They want him out and the only way they know how to do this is to lose.  I don't agree that players should do this, but I am sure this is what is happening.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Why don't we just keep giving him 1 more game ffs... can't you see he's clueless, we  look clueless... how has he turned a very talented side into this blithering mess???

Yep, I understand where you are coming from. With the new signings I was hoping it would give a lift to the team???? I think what I am saying is I would just love things to work out for LJ, not just for him but for the club, supporters and long term stability.

Just gutted really.

• Like 1
Just now, Northern Red said:

Yep, same here. I don't hate the bloke or anything like that and certainly can't be doing with the almost gleeful self righteous smugness that a few on here are demonstrating, but this is unacceptable and can't be allowed to continue. 

That's exactly my feelings,  NE.

We have to conclude that very sadly, Lee cannot get the best from his players. When things started going wrong,  he panicked and I think that's rubbed off on the team.

What we need now is a "Mr Motivator".

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I have moved into that camp.

Today was his last chance.

The worst run of form for 120 years is more than any manager should hope to survive.

And I just can't see a win coming under him.

Agreed.

The situation we are now in, we now MUST beat Rotherham on Feb 4th, and see that kick start a run which will have to involve winning nearly half our games to stay up.

And right now; I honestly don't think we will get anything from any game, and that is due to LJ.

Get someone in now, then they have two games to run the rule over the (decent looking) squad, before that crunch game and beyond.

I wish it had worked out, but it hasn't; Johnson out.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The players don't want to play for him, I have said this for weeks now. They want him out and the only way they know how to do this is to lose.  I don't agree that players should do this, but I am sure this is what is happening.

I don't believe that is the case, at all!

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

That's exactly my feelings,  NE.

We have to conclude that very sadly, Lee cannot get the best from his players. When things started going wrong,  he panicked and I think that's rubbed off on the team.

What we need now is a "Mr Motivator".

Sadly, and I mean sadly, for the first time I think I've drifted into this camp.  Last thing I wanted, but I fear the end is nigh.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Seems plausible! Difficult for me to judge as I can't see reactions and body language of players without going to games 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Spot on.

Can't be doing with the silly and petty insults, but that doesn't mean I can't see that we need someone else in as head coach.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MattRSp95 said:

I'm curious as I haven't been in a while.. I'm a student and I came a lot in the early season last game I watched was end of November. (Slate me all you want) 

I can't work out what's gone wrong from then till now 

How about bizarre coaching methods and PowerPoint presentations to footballers?

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't believe that is the case, at all!

So what is your opinion then?   Why is it that a team that was performing well, not brilliantly I must admit,  but steady and in a good position in the League,  suddenly start to lose and continue to lose.  They seem to have no passion or confidence and all that is down to the management.  Players don't just start to play badly overnight or all of them lose form at the same time.  You tell me what other reason there is?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I don't think that is the case at all. The quality wasn't there today and nor was the strategy but the players could not have tried harder in the last ten minutes.

I'd question whether the belief is there but the desire certainly is.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't think that is the case at all. The quality wasn't there today and nor was the strategy but the players could not have tried harder in the last ten minutes.

I'd question whether the belief is there but the desire certainly is.

Belief is what it's all about and they don't believe in LJ!

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

So what is your opinion then?   Why is it that a team that was performing well, not brilliantly I must admit,  but steady and in a good position in the League,  suddenly start to lose and continue to lose.  They seem to have no passion or confidence and all that is down to the management.  Players don't just start to play badly overnight or all of them lose form at the same time.  You tell me what other reason there is?

The look of despair on the players' faces after the Cardiff game didn't reveal a lack of effort, Flinty had his head in his hands.

I think the lack of form is basically down to the tactics, constant changes, possible fallouts and a lack of confidence, which is obviously getting worse as the bad run continues. They certainly aren't losing on purpose.