IGNORED

Please people be nice

Dollymarie

So I've just gone and deleted 14 posts that had been reported overnight. I think that's a record for one evening. Pretty much all of these were from posters taking chunks out of each other and personally abusing your fellow forum users. 

Can I remind everyone to keep within forum rules, stop trying to get round the swear filter and stop hurling abuse at each other. 

Nobody is happy with how things are at the moment, but that doesn't mean you need to take things out on each other. We are all allowed our opinions, and should respect those. Stop getting personal. 

Thank you. 

IMG_8879.JPG

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Can we have some of the obvious trolls removed, though?

We are trying to keep on top of things. We banned someone overnight. It's hard when there are so many people signing up to keep an eye on everything, which is why we appreciate it when people report stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

People posting clear troll posts with like 5 posts are appearing more often. What happened to the 15 post moderation rule? That weaved out the obvious trolls.

That still happens, newbies still have to have their posts approved. 

Like I said in a previous post, there's banter and then there are insults.

I've always called LJ little lee. I'm sure people have said it to him and he laughs it off. I've had people say I'm vertically challenged (I'm 5ft 3) and I laugh with them. Just like I say my brother in law who is 6ft 2 is a lanky streak of piss.

When it gets malicious, then it's a problem. So let's all play nice.

I appreciate it's difficult to control at the moment due to the increased traffic but is there any way we can stop people starting half a dozen new threads saying exactly the same thing?

We don't need multiple threads on LJ's press conference, people saying they've had enough or that Lansdown won't sack him. Don't get me wrong, there are some intelligent, thought provoking posts that stand out and are worthy of a separate thread,  but there are also several posters here who clearly feel that what they have to say is so important that it can't go in one of the multiple threads on the same subject, when really they're saying nothing different to anything that hasn't already been said. 

At the end of the day some people are a glass half full and others a glass half empty. Everyone is entitled to their view and that's where the fun starts because we can debate it. Unfortunately there are always those who immediately take a holier than thou attitude followed by an insult to the intelligence of the poster. It's a bit like Brexit. You don't have to be rude you have to have the skills and the facts to show why your opinion is a better one. At the end of the day we all want City to be successful so we are all on the same side really!

20 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

So I've just gone and deleted 14 posts that had been reported overnight. I think that's a record for one evening. Pretty much all of these were from posters taking chunks out of each other and personally abusing your fellow forum users. 

Can I remind everyone to keep within forum rules, stop trying to get round the swear filter and stop hurling abuse at each other. 

Nobody is happy with how things are at the moment, but that doesn't mean you need to take things out on each other. We are all allowed our opinions, and should respect those. Stop getting personal. 

Thank you. 

IMG_8879.JPG

Well said Dolly. 

http://www.scarymommy.com/kid-president-responds-to-donald-trump-tweet/

Some good advice here from a 12 year old!

Just now, Cheesleysmate said:

At the end of the day some people are a glass half full and others a glass half empty. Everyone is entitled to their view and that's where the fun starts because we can debate it. Unfortunately there are always those who immediately take a holier than thou attitude followed by an insult to the intelligence of the poster. It's a bit like Brexit. You don't have to be rude you have to have the skills and the facts to show why your opinion is a better one. At the end of the day we all want City to be successful so we are all on the same side really!

Spot on. The posts I find most annoying of all are when the poster implies the other has a hidden agenda. It's a pathetic proxy to truly arguing your own case well.

Like suggesting someone hates LJ, but the evidence only suggests they dislike the way LJ sets a team up.  

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I appreciate it's difficult to control at the moment due to the increased traffic but is there any way we can stop people starting half a dozen new threads saying exactly the same thing?

We don't need multiple threads on LJ's press conference, people saying they've had enough or that Lansdown won't sack him. Don't get me wrong, there are some intelligent, thought provoking posts that stand out and are worthy of a separate thread,  but there are also several posters here who clearly feel that what they have to say is so important that it can't go in one of the multiple threads on the same subject. 

It's getting tedious imo. I think we all already know that LJ is in a whole world of hurt yet some posters seem to think the rest of us have either  missed that fact or that LJ is losing on purpose.

Well said @Dollymarie and lets hope the deep personal unpleasantness is not just restricted to being about what one poster says to another.

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

Haha you didn't read the whole story and the update then?

Sentiment is still good though

Haha, no, saved that page when I first saw it and they must have added that since!! Like you say, good response whether it's from a 12 year old or a 82 year old!

We're all very frustrated with how things are currently and it's human nature to feel angry and pissed off when a poster disagrees with your points and those with a limited cognitive range react badly and resort to personal insults.

Dolly is quite right to tell everyone to keep replies as civil as possible.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

We're all very frustrated with how things are currently and it's human nature to feel angry and pissed off when a poster disagrees with your points and those with a limited cognitive range react badly and resort to personal insults.

Think it's more people's frustration at working out which of the Members of the 'LJ Faith' is actually this bloke ,

or is he all of them and using multiple accounts

IMG_1261.JPG

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Like calling someone a Conference manager? 

Sorry, couldn't resist.

9 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Going off on a Pythonesque tangent, can't we get LJ a job as a lion tamer?

Ideal job

Could disorientate and confuse them with powerpoints , arrange their attack formation in a line straight down the middle of the cage , thus allowing total safety in avoiding any attack threat , whilst giving the opportunity to go down the sides , and kick them up the arse !

:thumbsup:

:yawn:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ideal job

Could disorientate and confuse them with powerpoints , arrange their attack formation in a line straight down the middle of the cage , thus allowing total safety in avoiding any attack threat , whilst giving the opportunity to go down the sides , and kick them up the arse !

:thumbsup:

:yawn:

Or headbutt their bollocks.

The sooner the club gets the wheels back on track (by doing whatever it takes to do that) then people can rally and get behind the team. There's probably a few who could reflect on their behaviour at a traumatic time but there is a huge desire among fans to achieve success and at the moment we've become a laughing stock with no end in sight. People are hurting .

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Thank you. 

IMG_8879.JPG

so saying trump should be assassinated is not personal?

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I wasn't attacking another poster by saying that. It was merely an attempt at humour which some got and some didn't. I didn't break any forum rules. 

So wishing that someone is murdered can be laughed off as a joke because it doesn't 'break any forum rules' ?

But if someone chooses to abuse a fellow forum member or their opinion on a City-related matter they risk a ban?

That doesn't seem right to me but let's move on....

Just remember guys and gals, it's a game of football, it's a hobby, a pastime.

Ok it has become ingrained In our DNA somewhat but there is no need to be hurling abuse at each other left right and centre. That won't change anything.

Every day people have to deal with far more difficult things than their football club losing each week.

When we all signed up to be football fans we did so on the understanding that there will be good times but also there will be bad times.

Imagine if our players acted like some people on here? There would be handbags on the pitch every game.

This saddens me as it's unlikely to happen but as a fanbase at this tough time we should all be coming together.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with most on here.

41 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I wasn't attacking another poster by saying that. It was merely an attempt at humour which some got and some didn't. I didn't break any forum rules. 

some things can be taken as humour dolly, advocating murder is NOT one of them

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Just remember guys and gals, it's a game of football, it's a hobby, a pastime.

Ok it has become ingrained In our DNA somewhat but there is no need to be hurling abuse at each other left right and centre. That won't change anything.

Every day people have to deal with far more difficult things than their football club losing each week.

When we all signed up to be football fans we did so on the understanding that there will be good times but also there will be bad times.

Imagine if our players acted like some people on here? There would be handbags on the pitch every game.

This saddens me as it's unlikely to happen but as a fanbase at this tough time we should all be coming together.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with most on here.

You wouldn't be in the trenches !!

As the Third Panzer Division were coming over the hill you @Rednwhiterob @Benniand a few others would be making daisy chains , holding hands whilst dancing to Procul Harem and proclaiming 'What a wonderful world ' !!!

:yes: 

;)

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So wishing that someone is murdered can be laughed off as a joke because it doesn't 'break any forum rules' ?

But if someone chooses to abuse a fellow forum member or their opinion on a City-related matter they risk a ban?

Agreed, personally I don't see what the problem is, if people want to have a pop at each other let them carry on, I find it quite amusing others don't, some might think wishing the president to be assassinated is offensive, some wouldn't, some might think that Mike Hunt Hertz's user name is offensive, some wouldn't, get over yourselves, if you don't like a particular post DON'T READ IT

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't know if you think Dolly is some sort of international hitwoman but she isn't.  She's someone just expressing in a humorous way what many have said. It would be better if Trump was removed before he can damage the US and world too much. I reckon it'll be by impeachment,  but I don't want to make this a politics thread.

I'm sure neither she nor anyone else wants someone killed. From what I know about her life, Dolly devotes herself to helping people. 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't know if you think Dolly is some sort of international hitwoman but she isn't.  She's someone just expressing in a humorous way what many have said. It would be better if Trump was removed before he can damage the US and world too much. I reckon it'll be by impeachment,  but I don't want to make this a politics thread.

I'm sure neither she nor anyone else wants someone killed. From what I know about her life, Dolly devotes herself to helping people. 

What I think many have said is that they wouldn't be suprised-not that they wish for it.

And assassination/cold blooded murder isn't funny.

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

What I think many have said is that they wouldn't be suprised-not that they wish for it.

And assassination/cold blooded murder isn't funny.

Agreed, although by costing up to Putin Trump at least has most of the world's assassins on his side.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You wouldn't be in the trenches !!

As the Third Panzer Division were coming over the hill you @Rednwhiterob @Benniand a few others would be making daisy chains , holding hands whilst dancing to Procul Harem and proclaiming 'What a wonderful world ' !!!

:yes: 

;)

We've had our debates recently but this post certainly isn't debatable. Its actually made me Laugh my ass off. Fair dos

Archived