IGNORED

Please people be nice

Dollymarie

So I've just gone and deleted 14 posts that had been reported overnight. I think that's a record for one evening. Pretty much all of these were from posters taking chunks out of each other and personally abusing your fellow forum users. 

Can I remind everyone to keep within forum rules, stop trying to get round the swear filter and stop hurling abuse at each other. 

Nobody is happy with how things are at the moment, but that doesn't mean you need to take things out on each other. We are all allowed our opinions, and should respect those. Stop getting personal. 

Thank you. 

IMG_8879.JPG

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Can we have some of the obvious trolls removed, though?

We are trying to keep on top of things. We banned someone overnight. It's hard when there are so many people signing up to keep an eye on everything, which is why we appreciate it when people report stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

People posting clear troll posts with like 5 posts are appearing more often. What happened to the 15 post moderation rule? That weaved out the obvious trolls.

That still happens, newbies still have to have their posts approved. 

Like I said in a previous post, there's banter and then there are insults.

I've always called LJ little lee. I'm sure people have said it to him and he laughs it off. I've had people say I'm vertically challenged (I'm 5ft 3) and I laugh with them. Just like I say my brother in law who is 6ft 2 is a lanky streak of piss.

When it gets malicious, then it's a problem. So let's all play nice.

I appreciate it's difficult to control at the moment due to the increased traffic but is there any way we can stop people starting half a dozen new threads saying exactly the same thing?

We don't need multiple threads on LJ's press conference, people saying they've had enough or that Lansdown won't sack him. Don't get me wrong, there are some intelligent, thought provoking posts that stand out and are worthy of a separate thread,  but there are also several posters here who clearly feel that what they have to say is so important that it can't go in one of the multiple threads on the same subject, when really they're saying nothing different to anything that hasn't already been said. 

At the end of the day some people are a glass half full and others a glass half empty. Everyone is entitled to their view and that's where the fun starts because we can debate it. Unfortunately there are always those who immediately take a holier than thou attitude followed by an insult to the intelligence of the poster. It's a bit like Brexit. You don't have to be rude you have to have the skills and the facts to show why your opinion is a better one. At the end of the day we all want City to be successful so we are all on the same side really!

20 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

So I've just gone and deleted 14 posts that had been reported overnight. I think that's a record for one evening. Pretty much all of these were from posters taking chunks out of each other and personally abusing your fellow forum users. 

Can I remind everyone to keep within forum rules, stop trying to get round the swear filter and stop hurling abuse at each other. 

Nobody is happy with how things are at the moment, but that doesn't mean you need to take things out on each other. We are all allowed our opinions, and should respect those. Stop getting personal. 

Thank you. 

IMG_8879.JPG

Well said Dolly. 

http://www.scarymommy.com/kid-president-responds-to-donald-trump-tweet/

Some good advice here from a 12 year old!

Just now, Cheesleysmate said:

At the end of the day some people are a glass half full and others a glass half empty. Everyone is entitled to their view and that's where the fun starts because we can debate it. Unfortunately there are always those who immediately take a holier than thou attitude followed by an insult to the intelligence of the poster. It's a bit like Brexit. You don't have to be rude you have to have the skills and the facts to show why your opinion is a better one. At the end of the day we all want City to be successful so we are all on the same side really!

Spot on. The posts I find most annoying of all are when the poster implies the other has a hidden agenda. It's a pathetic proxy to truly arguing your own case well.

Like suggesting someone hates LJ, but the evidence only suggests they dislike the way LJ sets a team up.  

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I appreciate it's difficult to control at the moment due to the increased traffic but is there any way we can stop people starting half a dozen new threads saying exactly the same thing?

We don't need multiple threads on LJ's press conference, people saying they've had enough or that Lansdown won't sack him. Don't get me wrong, there are some intelligent, thought provoking posts that stand out and are worthy of a separate thread,  but there are also several posters here who clearly feel that what they have to say is so important that it can't go in one of the multiple threads on the same subject. 

It's getting tedious imo. I think we all already know that LJ is in a whole world of hurt yet some posters seem to think the rest of us have either  missed that fact or that LJ is losing on purpose.

Well said @Dollymarie and lets hope the deep personal unpleasantness is not just restricted to being about what one poster says to another.

Archived