IGNORED

Please people be nice

Dollymarie

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Just remember guys and gals, it's a game of football, it's a hobby, a pastime.

Ok it has become ingrained In our DNA somewhat but there is no need to be hurling abuse at each other left right and centre. That won't change anything.

Every day people have to deal with far more difficult things than their football club losing each week.

When we all signed up to be football fans we did so on the understanding that there will be good times but also there will be bad times.

Imagine if our players acted like some people on here? There would be handbags on the pitch every game.

This saddens me as it's unlikely to happen but as a fanbase at this tough time we should all be coming together.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with most on here.

You wouldn't be in the trenches !!

As the Third Panzer Division were coming over the hill you @Rednwhiterob @Benniand a few others would be making daisy chains , holding hands whilst dancing to Procul Harem and proclaiming 'What a wonderful world ' !!!

:yes: 

;)

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So wishing that someone is murdered can be laughed off as a joke because it doesn't 'break any forum rules' ?

But if someone chooses to abuse a fellow forum member or their opinion on a City-related matter they risk a ban?

That doesn't seem right to me but let's move on....

Agreed, personally I don't see what the problem is, if people want to have a pop at each other let them carry on, I find it quite amusing others don't, some might think wishing the president to be assassinated is offensive, some wouldn't, some might think that Mike Hunt Hertz's user name is offensive, some wouldn't, get over yourselves, if you don't like a particular post DON'T READ IT

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So wishing that someone is murdered can be laughed off as a joke because it doesn't 'break any forum rules' ?

But if someone chooses to abuse a fellow forum member or their opinion on a City-related matter they risk a ban?

That doesn't seem right to me but let's move on....

I don't know if you think Dolly is some sort of international hitwoman but she isn't.  She's someone just expressing in a humorous way what many have said. It would be better if Trump was removed before he can damage the US and world too much. I reckon it'll be by impeachment,  but I don't want to make this a politics thread.

I'm sure neither she nor anyone else wants someone killed. From what I know about her life, Dolly devotes herself to helping people. 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't know if you think Dolly is some sort of international hitwoman but she isn't.  She's someone just expressing in a humorous way what many have said. It would be better if Trump was removed before he can damage the US and world too much. I reckon it'll be by impeachment,  but I don't want to make this a politics thread.

I'm sure neither she nor anyone else wants someone killed. From what I know about her life, Dolly devotes herself to helping people. 

What I think many have said is that they wouldn't be suprised-not that they wish for it.

And assassination/cold blooded murder isn't funny.

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

What I think many have said is that they wouldn't be suprised-not that they wish for it.

And assassination/cold blooded murder isn't funny.

Agreed, although by costing up to Putin Trump at least has most of the world's assassins on his side.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As the Third Panzer Division were coming over the hill you @Rednwhiterob @Benniand a few others would be making daisy chains , holding hands whilst dancing to Procul Harem and proclaiming 'What a wonderful world ' !!!

;)

We've had our debates recently but this post certainly isn't debatable. Its actually made me Laugh my ass off. Fair dos

I wish people would stop running to the mods telling tales a nasty man or woman upset them. It's akin to running to mummy or daddy.  It shouldn't be for for the moderators to ref petty bloody squabbles.  They should only really have to deal with libelous comments.

There is a block function. Bloody well use it if you don't like someone or get over it.

So to clarify....

its ok to suggest Trump might/could/should get assassinated.

its ok to suggest Lee Johnson might/could/should get assassinated?

It's not ok to suggest any other posters might/could/should get assassinated.

I guess as has been noticed/mebtioned before if a moderator says something people deem offensive then it's either ok, deemed banter or they just use their elevated access to delete what they previously said to prevent them going against the crowd.

42 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

big difference between remove and assassinate though, just saying it's a bit hypocritical to tell us not to get personal

Just now, pillred said:

big difference between remove and assassinate though, just saying it's a bit hypocritical to tell us not to get personal

If it came over as a genuine wish rather than as a spur of the moment jokey reaction to an earlier comment, then I'd agree. 

Yesterday, I expressed the wish to "murder" the kitten we have after it chewed through my headphone cable.  

Neither she, nor the kids who I have also occasionally said "I'll murder" have been harmed.

Context is everything. 

54 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

;)

Can you dig it?

54 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

She scared the shit out of me, when she got all 'moderator' .

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Attacking ????

:laughcont:

Bless

Taking the **** at worst 

At least I haven't referred to others as 'knuckle draggers' eh

So, are you supporting that fans of our club should aim personal attacks at the current manager and his family?

I did not refer to a fellow poster as a 'knuckle dragger' I was referring to the behaviour above in generic terms.  There's a big difference.

Still, if you think it's acceptable to carry on your petty personal vendetta, attacks, "piss taking" or whatever you want to call it, in a thread asking for people to act like civilised folk, then that's up to you.

3 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

So, are you supporting that fans of our club should aim personal attacks at the current manager and his family?

I did not refer to a fellow poster as a 'knuckle dragger' I was referring to the behaviour above in generic terms.  There's a big difference.

Still, if you think it's acceptable to carry on your petty personal vendetta, attacks, "piss taking" or whatever you want to call it, in a thread asking for people to act like civilised folk, then that's up to you.

What on earth are you on about ?

:blink:

While we we are at it - here is your post about knuckle d(r)aggers

The content & incredible irony of the post is self evident 

I'll let you have a think to work it out

16 hours ago,  Rednwhiterob said: 

Well said that man.  Let's have a bit of class and not sink to the level of some of the knuckle daggers. 

Just now, Rednwhiterob said:

Mentioned tongue-in-cheek about Birmingham fans shouting "who" after every substitution.  The same thread where I also praised their actions to help a fellow football fan. 

Let's not manipulate the facts.

Well maybe you should realise that most of what I post is tongue in cheek hogwash, get off that high horse and get your thong unbunched FFS. It's an inconsequential football forum (gasp!)

Archived