IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT BANNER

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

People are pissed off with the bloke and people do stupid things in the heat of the moment.

I don't hate Lee and have nothing against midgets but they certainly got their point across and it makes  a massive statement with the midget insult which will add a lot more interest to the banner.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This is rapidly turning from frustration and some anger - covered on here with on the whole reasoned views and debate into , clearly in parts or amongst some / a few , at least , a real toxic situation

The Club absolutely need to take some action

Somebody needs to speak to dampen the increasing toxicity 

SL , MA anybody ......

(Can't see LJ saying anything will change the situation atm unless he resigns)

My strongest suggestion is Wilbs or better still the players as a collective come out , put their hands up to some dire performances and vow to dig in and repay supporters patience WITH SOME GENUINE WORDS

Would give everyone a few days breathing space at least

"Players are hurting"

"working hard in training"

"great group of lads"

I'm sure I missed some.

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I feel I should open with the admission that if I was running our club I would sack LJ at this point. 

However, 'hopefully'? The banners are poisonous, divisive, ineffective and illogical. They serve no purpose, they are without benefit, they represent the author/artist in an immature and terrible light and they could potentially fuel the tailspin.

I'm no super fan, I'm not one for blind faith. SOD had me to the point of not attending games. That was my protest. That was what I deemed effective: to withdraw my support but not to be a catalyst of the downfall by contributing to an acidic environment. 

I suggest to those who are so minded to make a banner like this do as I did and stay away. You are not helping the situation; you are worsening it. By staying away you do not create an acidic environment but your protest will certainly be noticed and will be far more effective than one banner. 

Resorting to immature name calling or even taking time out to paint a banner at all puts a certain impression about the intelligence and reasoning of the person behind it. It could have been painted by someone with excellent reasoning skills, but the impression your banner gives across is one of imbecile. It's quite easy to just ignore someone who makes their point in a way consistent of a village idiot. 

If it's the only way that the BCFC hierarchy are going to see the views of the supporters by having banners on display as they drive their Mercs into Ashton Gate on Monday morning, then it works.......even though it's a little crude.

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

People are pissed off with the bloke and people do stupid things in the heat of the moment.

I don't hate Lee and have nothing against midgets but they certainly got their point across and it makes  a massive statement with the midget insult which will add a lot more interest to the banner.

i really dont know anybody who hates midgets, my best mate is a midget.

11 minutes ago, ontariored said:

You have just proven its you my friend who has zilch upstairs. There are plenty of ways to tackle this situation. Personal vendetta's regards midgets is not one of them.

8 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

this has made my day personal vendettas against midgets, ffs

Wow. No point in arguing about this. It's only going to be a short fight anyway...

HEY'O!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a'thank you very much

6 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Any interest will %100 demonstrate complete negativity in relation to this club on a National Scale (I fear it's probably 'out there' already and in the current climate is likely to make National News) 

How incredibly embarrassing

Well I for one will  say I'm completely embarrassed by that second banner and largely by the first

When the whole country reads about those banners we will become notorious for the very wrong reasons

All IMHO of course

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Understand what you're saying, and know you're not looking to justify but I think the heat of the moment is a rather weak excuse. 

Heat of the moment does not extend to the point of getting the sheet, painting the sheet, going to the Gate, hanging it up. There's plenty of times there to realise the lack of rationality in the actions. It wasn't a moment. 

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

If it's the only way that the BCFC hierarchy are going to see the views of the supporters by having banners on display as they drive their Mercs into Ashton Gate on Monday morning, then it works.......even though it's a little crude.

It's not the only way though is it; it's one way. There are loads of alternatives. 

And as said, there were 2 banners. If I was driving in I'd be closer to thinking 'oh a couple of *****' rather than 'I should take these opinions on board'. 

1 hour ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Fair play?

Whether you want him to go or not that's ******* pathetic!

It might be pathetic but at least they have gone to the effort to express themselves somewhat more worthy than those of us that just blog away on here! Though they certainly are not van Gogh  ;-)

1 minute ago, Poshtottie said:

It might be pathetic but at least they have gone to the effort to express themselves somewhat more worthy than those of us that just blog away on here! Though they certainly are not van Gogh  ;-)

Ear ear.

2 minutes ago, Poshtottie said:

Are you a 'modern mother' who when their children run amok on a plane , in a cafe , etc etc laugh and turn to their friend and say

'Oh we do like Tristan to express himself ' ??????

:whistle:

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Of course not. But leetomlinmalord and eastred, both contributors to this forum, both "Like" this. perhaps they'd like to justify that....?

i agree the midget bit was out of order but i think some posters are taking this a little bit to seriously 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Are you a 'modern mother' who when their children run amok on a plane , in a cafe , etc etc laugh and turn to their friend and say

'Oh we do like Tristan to express himself ' ??????

:whistle:

I do not believe in praise when not deserved or medals for taking part. Sport is about winning so is life, its also about discipline! If I see Children running amok I am inclined to tell their parents how it is! I hope to this end we are clear Tristan ;-) I hope mummy tucks you in tonight! I admire all the fans who have an opinion and if a supporter goes to these lengths to show his discontent then it is fine with me. After all for some people its more important than for others who am I to judge!

1 hour ago, 8menhadadream said:

Image may contain: outdoor

That's as embarassing as horse punching and a gutless Sunday morning ''Twitter fame'' stunt. If you're going to go to the trouble of making your banner then have some impact. Outside Failand on Monday, Hung high on the outside of the ground on matchday or unfurled in the ground during a game :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Poshtottie said:

I do not believe in praise when not deserved or medals for taking part. Sport is about winning so is life, its also about discipline! If I see Children running amok I am inclined to tell their parents how it is! I hope to this end we are clear Tristan ;-) I hope mummy tucks you in tonight! I admire all the fans who have an opinion

and if a supporter goes to these lengths to show his discontent then it is fine with me.

After all for some people its more important than for others who am I to judge!

Serious q

Whatever the nature / content / nature of the display of 'discontent' ??

3 minutes ago, Poshtottie said:

The second one arrived after I submitted first one that is not agreeable

Not 'agreeable' is IMHO at least 'getting there'

You posted

' if a supporter goes to these lengths to show his discontent then it is fine with me.'

a long time after both photos were posted but there we are

Ill leave this alone I think

Archived