IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT BANNER

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

11 hours ago, h hills left shoe said:

That's not the point, so it's OK to take the piss out of someone because of their weight and shape but not because of their height..?double standards methinks!

It's exactly the point. The weight Tomlin carries, and seemed especially in evidence on Saturday, may have a direct impact on whether he can do his job. Fitness is pretty much a pre-requisite for a footballer. It's perfectly reasonable to debate whether he's carrying too much weight and what effect that has. I'd agree with you that simply taking the piss because of it isn't on, but that's not what  the point of that thread was about.

Johnson's height, as far as I'm aware, has no bearing at all on whether he can do his job. It's purely used as a rather puerile attempt to abuse him.

12 hours ago, RedM said:

I really don't have the words, if the Gas were doing this to their Manager we would be ripping the piss out of them for years to come. It's so shockingly childish and crass it's untrue. Absolute pond life who ever is supporting these banners, and to ridicule someone for their height (which you can't actually have any control over) is just beyond pathetic, 

So referring to someone's (lack of) height is crass but referring to someone as pond life is ok?

54 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So referring to someone's (lack of) height is crass but referring to someone as pond life is ok?

I think you can help being 'pond life', no matter what sort of family you were born into or what sort of childhood etc you had, to quote the usual reasons given for thinking with your fists or being egged on by mates instead using your brain. Most people know right from wrong and to add the term midget is wrong and cowardly in my book.

But hey, that's just my opinion, I count for nothing in the scheme of things, but at least I acknowledge this and not believing I can write something on a banner it it becomes fact. 

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

I suggest you read the whole sentence - 'it could have been painted by someone' precedes: 'by someone' obviously being the subject referred to iro 'your' rather than yourself. 

Aah apologies then although I think it would be very easy for anybody to interpret as I did.

I have been asked to point out that the banners were not the work of Section 82.

On the subject of banners, I see no wrong in expression of "Johnson out" as the whole internet of social media, forums, twitter, instagram, Facebook to blogs are very much reading 90% Johnson out so a few banners on the wall is a drop in the ocean, however I agree the midget part is naughty and the banner barer would have a little more support if that word was dropped. LJ should be judged on results on the pitch and not as a person but let's be honest it's on the pitch that is a disaster.

Now back to banners and what I am now a little embarrassed by is my own banner of "THE 2nd COMING" In Johnson we trust. Trust? Well I am feeling a little let down by that right now by our sackable managers run.

So yes banners can be embarrassing for different reasons.

IMG_4084.JPG

19 hours ago, boss hogg said:

he,s not one of our own,  carey, tommy doc, even scott murray are one of our own and i don,t base that on ability ,lj will never be one of our own.

You don't have to be born in Bristol to be one our own. Anyone who signs for BCFC is part of our family. End of. As I said personal attacks on anyone is unexceptable. 

Will be banners in the Atyeo be displayed normally, upside down or grouped together behind the goal in a pro thumb up or anti thumbs down formation?

Please no banner formations displaying middle fingers or fingers that are in formations normally associated with self abuse ... There are children in the ground.

16 hours ago, RedM said:

I really don't have the words, if the Gas were doing this to their Manager we would be ripping the piss out of them for years to come. It's so shockingly childish and crass it's untrue. Absolute pond life who ever is supporting these banners, and to ridicule someone for their height (which you can't actually have any control over) is just beyond pathetic, 

To be fair, LJ has ridiculed his height himself. I'm pretty sure his twitter handle used to include the name of the worlds shortest man.

The banner is still a bit cringy though.

15 hours ago, h hills left shoe said:

That's not the point, so it's OK to take the piss out of someone because of their weight and shape but not because of their height..?double standards methinks!

If they are overweight and paid to stay in shape. Yes. 

6 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I couldn't give a stuff what the gas think.  When they were on the verge of dropping into the conference (a couple of times) they did absolutely nothing.  No protests.  Nothing.  They stood there with their thumbs up their asses and let it happen thinking they were too big to go down.  Never, ever held the club to account.  Jokers.  I'll say this for city fans: we don't put up with shit.  Some may go about displaying there displeasure in the wrong way, but if we feel things are going wrong we stand up.  It's something that should be applauded (as long as its not vicious) in my opinion. 

"I'll say this for City fans : we don't put up with shit " Well we have for at least the last 3 months !!

Seen this in that sorry excuse for a paper's website, I do not agree with the insult but do agree in the impact that the sign might have (hopefully)

However whoever did it could of spent more time on it (You can see the rush and rage!) and I hope the sheet was washed first.

Archived