IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT BANNER

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

59 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

This is very much an example of why we a an irrelevant football club, pathetic reasoning in what makes someone worthy of being part of the club, so typical of Bristol and football supporters. Trying to drag this club into a modern way of thinking is an impossible task, don't know why SL bothers, if I were him I would just let it go and let all the Gas City stuff 'one of our own or not'  idiots continue to be happy being very much a third division outfit.  Those banners are pathetic, and really shows the World we are just a bunch of ignorant losers.

Embarrassing..

I agree, those banners are pathetic. But I don't agree that every player who has ever played for us is 'one of our own', especially if they've also played for numerous other clubs.

We'll just have to agree to differ, but I don't think my reasoning is 'pathetic.'

24 minutes ago, TRL said:

:laugh: at least a little humour if only for those on otib

If people want him out, take it to the ground and wave it proudly. We will then see a true feeling towards LJ at Ashton Gate

So do people think there will be banners at the Wednesday game. Or hostility towards Johnson and lansdown. There is a lot of angry and dissatisfied supporters. Remember in the eastend someone had a SOD banner . That didn't go down to well . Be very interesting next couple of home games that's for sure 

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So do people think there will be banners at the Wednesday game. Or hostility towards Johnson and lansdown. There is a lot of angry and dissatisfied supporters. Remember in the eastend someone had a SOD banner . That didn't go down to well . Be very interesting next couple of home games that's for sure 

That will be the gauge of the feeling at AG I believe.

Now I do not go to home games, only away games. But judging by what is written LJ and SL have had very easy compared to managers and chairmen in the 90's where the toxic nature of the fan base was evident to certain encumbants.

It will be interesting to see if these banners get inside the ground (if they are allowed in, I bet there will be checks for the next home game) what the groundswell of opinion is. I would only suggest taking the Johnson out banners not the more abusive ones.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

That will be the gauge of the feeling at AG I believe.

Now I do not go to home games, only away games. But judging by what is written LJ and SL have had very easy compared to managers and chairmen in the 90'shower where the toxic nature of the fan base was evident to certain encumbants.

It will be interesting to see if these banners get inside the ground (if they are allowed in, I bet there will be checks for the next home game) what the groundswell of opinion is. I would only suggest taking the Johnson out banners not the more abusive ones.

Agree I think there could be checks . And agree about the abusive banners . But go a goal or two down I think we could hear a lot worse. That's when u start seeing the fans turn on each other. Seen it before. 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Agree I think there could be checks . And agree about the abusive banners . But go a goal or two down I think we could hear a lot worse. That's when u start seeing the fans turn on each other. Seen it before. 

Yes certainly a chance for punch ups in the stadium. From fans I know it is about 50/50 Johnson in Johnson out. Clearly the poll here indicates different, either way there will be enough people with differing oponions for potential flash points inside AG.

It will come down to if you hear the dolman join in with "we want Johnson out" invariably as that type of chant has made it around to the Dolman history says the manager normally goes.   God help him if some of the old guys who used to reside in the Williams start chuntering  an booing :)

I don't think SL has read the situation at all well and it could be the first time real anger is thrown in his direction from the stands.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

Yes certainly a chance for punch ups in the stadium. From fans I know it is about 50/50 Johnson in Johnson out. Clearly the poll here indicates different, either way there will be enough people with differing oponions for potential flash points inside AG.

It will come down to if you hear the dolman join in with "we want Johnson out" invariably as that type of chant has made it around to the Dolman history says the manager normally goes.   God help him if some of the old guys who used to reside in the Williams start chuntering  an booing :)

I don't think SL has read the situation at all well and it could be the first time real anger is thrown in his direction from the stands.

What a mess . Just when you think things are going well . 2 / 3 months later . Boom .

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

What a mess . Just when you think things are going well . 2 / 3 months later . Boom .

Indeed. But it's not like the current regime haven't got form for screwing up a good thing. It would seem history is repeating itself.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

What I will say is at least the guy is fronting it out and not hiding. We have seen before when the going gets tough managers like Copout take the easy way out.

Well he has a big payday to lose and a huge stain on his career. He has gained a reputation that is currently unravelling. He would be stupid to resign as he could be hard pushed to find another job.

If I were him I would be sitting it out to the bitter end hoping I could turn the results around. But I would not envy the environment he has to work in now.

Coppell on the other hand was lied to so walked. He had history of doing it,so I wonder why he was given the job. If he was sold a line and the goods not delivered there is no reason for him to stay and Imo did the right thing. He had nothing to prove and didn't need to put up with the BS. It would be interesting  to see if SL had learned anything in the years that have passed, and if he would have handled the appointment of Coppell differently now

Every person has the right to protest. We live in a democracy. Im not saying I agree with all of it, especially not the personal ones, but I don't see anything wrong with the banners. If people choose to protest inside the ground at the next home game, then fair enough to them. Plenty of other football clubs, including Forest last week, protest to show their disapproval with what is happening to their club.

21 hours ago, cider head said:

........what I am now a little embarrassed by is my own banner of "THE 2nd COMING" In Johnson we trust. Trust? Well I am feeling a little let down by that right now by our sackable managers run.

So yes banners can be embarrassing for different reasons.

IMG_4084.JPG

OK,  you've made a little cock-up CH,  however all may not be lost.....

If the picture can be superimposed with a new image a certain Mr Hucker would no doubt be interested in making you an offer for the banner.  (nothing belittles or embarrasses him, infact I'm sure he'd be right up for it). 

One of our own. Nothing wrong with it- my understanding is it is generally for an academy player or a local lad in the side maybe started elsewhere but still local and no bad thing too. Murray and Tinnion also merit it even though not via academy.

Fans nearly fighting over it...yes I remember that in the dreaded Pulis era too- I thought the fans would turn if we lost to Preston so I am surprised it's taken this long in some ways. Banners SHOULD be allowed in though I don't agree with the personal insults (subject to any objections by SAG who could overrule maybe) but that aside it's a free country.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

Well he has a big payday to lose and a huge stain on his career. He has gained a reputation that is currently unravelling. He would be stupid to resign as he could be hard pushed to find another job.

If I were him I would be sitting it out to the bitter end hoping I could turn the results around. But I would not envy the environment he has to work in now.

Not sure how he gained such a reputation as an unremarkable 3rd division manager?

Very personable, a good talker and self publicist, young - so reasonable to view him as having potential - but very irregular results, and I've never been convinced this high opinion was widely shared outside the City boardroom.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure how he gained such a reputation as an unremarkable 3rd division manager?

Very personable, a good talker and self publicist, young - so reasonable to view him as having potential - but very irregular results, and I've never been convinced this high opinion was widely shared outside the City boardroom.

If you believe journalists and our spokesmen then he has a reputation.  It has been mentioned in the rags. Footballing websites and Footballing magazines.. all that adds up to a reputation.

If you or I believe in it that's neither here or there. There is enough written about him in a positive nature that gives off the appearance of a up and coming reputation.

27 minutes ago, TRL said:

If you believe journalists and our spokesmen then he has a reputation.  It has been mentioned in the rags. Footballing websites and Footballing magazines.. all that adds up to a reputation.

If you or I believe in it that's neither here or there. There is enough written about him in a positive nature that gives off the appearance of a up and coming reputation.

and that  about sums it up for me right now  :unsure:

Plenty of talk , little substance right now

Dont suppose he has been employing Alaistar Campbell  ?    !!!!!

(Accept that's not necessarily your personal view TRL)

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

and that  about sums it up for me right now  :unsure:

Plenty of talk , little substance right now

Dont suppose he has been employing Alaistar Campbell  ?    !!!!!

(Accept that's not necessarily your personal view TRL)

Indeed. That is how I see it.

Don't get me wrong I would like to see him succeed. I do not like chopping and changing of managers. But the atmosphere is going to turn toxic soon and that will not help anyone... so I hope he goes on a 5 or 6 match winning run before the club is bought down by huge divisions that are currently growing. 

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rubbish - and 'end of' is an arrogant way of trying to end the conversation.

LJ is NOT one of our own, he was born in Newmarket and played for TEN clubs including two in another country...how the hell does that make him one of our own?!

Hope you were singing "David James, he's one of our own" if you believe your stuff?

Anyone who is a member of our football club, a player, management, staff and supporters are all one of are own in my opinion. You don't have to be born in Bristol. 

Archived