IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT BANNER

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

I'm in two minds about banners at the match, part of me thinks they seem to be the only way to show Lansdown that this myth that LJ enjoys widespread fan support is total nonsense. But at the same time, I realise it could effect the morale of our already fragile group of players.

If we lose against Wednesday perhaps some sort of sustained post-match chanting against Johnson will let the club owner know how most of us feel.

I don't hate Johnson, and I don't wish him any ill. He's certainly tried and he did bring us some good times and good players to the club. But his limitations have been exposed. Sometimes, as Nick Lowe says, you have to be cruel to be kind.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm in two minds about banners at the match, part of me thinks they seem to be the only way to show Lansdown that this myth that LJ enjoys widespread fan support is total nonsense. But at the same time, I realise it could effect the morale of our already fragile group of players.

If we lose against Wednesday perhaps some sort of sustained post-match chanting against Johnson will let the club owner know how most of us feel.

I don't hate Johnson, and I don't wish him any ill. He's certainly tried and he did bring us some good times and good players to the club. But his limitations have been exposed. Sometimes, as Nick Lowe says, you have to be cruel to be kind.

Maybe if the players thought the fans were anti Johnson too, it might buck 'em up?

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Maybe if the players thought the fans were anti Johnson too, it might buck 'em up?

That assumes they want him out too. 

Although I'm with you that SL made a dreadful decision today, I don't buy into the "he's lost the dressing room" theory.

Apart from maybe Tomlin, they seem more bewildered than disgruntled. Johnson's a pretty likeable chap, nearer them in age than most managers, so I expect they feel for him, knowing he's carrying the can for mistakes they've made on the pitch. 

Of course, I could be totally wrong. I don't know any of our current squad.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Although I'm with you that SL made a dreadful decision today, I don't buy into the "he's lost the dressing room" theory.

Apart from maybe Tomlin, they seem more bewildered than disgruntled. Johnson's a pretty likeable chap, nearer them in age than most managers, so I expect they feel for him, knowing he's carrying the can for mistakes they've made on the pitch. 

It was slightly tongue in cheek! I think we know who aren't his greatest admirers.:whistle:

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unfortunately RR I think your feeling on this is wrong :unsure:

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

In the old days it was always a "demo behind the Williams after the game" 

23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Always reminds me of the start of the 79/80 season, that song. Always played on the radio. We started that season well, too.........

9 hours ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

You don't have to be born in Bristol to be one our own. Anyone who signs for BCFC is part of our family. End of. 

Rubbish - and 'end of' is an arrogant way of trying to end the conversation.

LJ is NOT one of our own, he was born in Newmarket and played for TEN clubs including two in another country...how the hell does that make him one of our own?!

Hope you were singing "David James, he's one of our own" if you believe your stuff?

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

LJ is NOT one of our own, he was born in Newmarket and played for TEN clubs including two in another country...how the hell does that make him one of our own?!

Hope you were singing "David James, he's one of our own" if you believe your stuff?

Indeed. Scott Murrray is a good 'one of our own' example. LJ will never be at that level im afraid, dont get the 'im a fan' stuff Lee comes out with either.. fair enough if he is but i find it a bit strange like.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This is very much an example of why we a an irrelevant football club, pathetic reasoning in what makes someone worthy of being part of the club, so typical of Bristol and football supporters. Trying to drag this club into a modern way of thinking is an impossible task, don't know why SL bothers, if I were him I would just let it go and let all the Gas City stuff 'one of our own or not'  idiots continue to be happy being very much a third division outfit.  Those banners are pathetic, and really shows the World we are just a bunch of ignorant losers.

Embarrassing..

The banners are fine, the insults aren't. Better to be like this than roll over like Rovers do. 

A gas mate of mine once said, as a huge Higgs hater, the sort of shit they go through wouldn't happen down AG as City fans would never stand for it and something they should learn from us. 

It's not a bad thing to peacefully get your point across, which is why if it was me I'd be leaving the size comment ones at home next time. 

Archived