IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT BANNER

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

3 hours ago, RumRed said:

Not if it's a ticket from a distance, nope, and you'd also have to prove it was aimed at the victim and not at the pitch which I don't believe anyone would do anyway.

Back in the day there'd be hardly any fans left with all those frightening bog rolls being thrown.

I am not condoning violence in anyway whatsoever and never would but please stop talking absolute bollocks.

The pertinent section of the definition of 'assault' is below.

'There can be no assault if the act does not produce a true apprehension of harm in the victim. There must be a reasonable fear of injury. The usual test applied is whether the act would induce such apprehension in the mind of a reasonable person.'

The post said throw them in the direction of Lee Johnson. Dont know about you but that suggests people have the intention of throwing them at him.

Reasonable fear of injury? If people are throwing season cards I think it's likely there would be reasonable fear of things like coins being thrown, or is that OK aswell?

1 minute ago, cynic said:

About as ridiculous as some inadequate adult scribbling on a bed sheet and proudly displaying it.

Each to his own I suppose.

UTC's absurd post is becoming typical of the OTT responses of the dwindling number of entrenched LJ supporters on here.

Fans protesting in traditional ways after such a diabolical run, the same forms of protest used by fans up and down the country = BAN THEM FOR LIFE! 

Ridiculous.

BTW, the bed sheet comments, a bit juvenile as they were, are being overplayed on this thread imo.- there were no threats, no swear words, and all very tame under the circumstances. They obviously speak for thousands in their basic message, even if many wouldn't choose exactly the same words. I don't let the addition of one or two unnecessary, but fairly harmless, extra words negate the substance which so many plainly agree with.

Any City fan sitting back and letting this situation go on, while criticising fellow supporters for finding ways to protest peacefully, must be content with the very real prospect of 3rd division football next season.

Odd in the extreme imo that they'd put their sentiment for one man over the good of the club, but, as you say, each to their own.

21 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

UTC's absurd post is becoming typical of the OTT responses of the dwindling number of entrenched LJ supporters on here.

Fans protesting in traditional ways after such a diabolical run, the same forms of protest used by fans up and down the country = BAN THEM FOR LIFE! 

Ridiculous.

BTW, the bed sheet comments, a bit juvenile as they were, are being overplayed on this thread imo.- there were no threats, no swear words, and all very tame under the circumstances. They obviously speak for thousands in their basic message, even if many wouldn't choose exactly the same words. I don't let the addition of one or two unnecessary, but fairly harmless, extra words negate the substance which so many plainly agree with.

Any City fan sitting back and letting this situation go on, while criticising fellow supporters for finding ways to protest peacefully, must be content with the very real prospect of 3rd division football next season.

Odd in the extreme imo that they'd put their sentiment for one man over the good of the club, but, as you say, each to their own.

For a long time there have been posters on here denigrating those that dare criticize Johnson for the shower of shit that's being served up.  Any difference of opinion is met with: "LJ hater" "you want us to lose" "you have no spine/backbone" etc., etc.  They are the football version of the snowflakes popping up around the world who wet their pants and get over offended when anyone has a different view point to them.  Their responses are an attempt to shut down the argument because their poor ears are hearing something they don't agree with.

For a while now they've proffered that those that criticize Johnson can wait to be proved "right" and want the club to fail.  Nonsense.  Offering up an opinion doesn't make you less of a fan or any less passionate than any one else.

Ironically, those that keep defending him are doing so in a desperate attempt not to be proved wrong.  They'll happily let the club fail just not to be proved wrong.  But as you say, each to their own.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  Unless of course, it contradicts someone elses.

COYR

Just now, cityloyal473 said:

For a long time there have been posters on here denigrating those that dare criticize Johnson for the shower of shit that's being served up.  Any difference of opinion is met with: "LJ hater" "you want us to lose" "you have no spine/backbone" etc., etc.  They are the football version of the snowflakes popping up around the world who wet their pants and get over offended when anyone has a different view point to them.  Their responses are an attempt to shut down the argument because their poor ears are hearing something they don't agree with.

For a while now they've proffered that those that criticize Johnson can wait to be proved "right" and want the club to fail.  Nonsense.  Offering up an opinion doesn't make you less of a fan or any less passionate than any one else.

Ironically, those that keep defending him are doing so in a desperate attempt not to be proved wrong.  They'll happily let the club fail just not to be proved wrong.  But as you say, each to their own.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  Unless of course, it contradicts someone elses.

COYR

Couldn't agree more.

By the same token, I hate all the "imbecile" and "you must be Gas" comments to those who do want to give Johnson more time.

We've been here before - the Cotterill appointment - and it seems when things get controversial, City fans are quick to turn on each other. :no:

4 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

If those that want him to stay are so adamant that he's the man, why not show their support with Johnson in banners?  Just a thought.

So fans of Johnson display "Johnson in"

Not fans of Johnson display "Johnson out"

And those who approve of his squad selection policies could display "Johnson shake it all about"

:whistle:

18 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why don't you try it and see if you get a ban for it? A quick look at the ground regs would probably say the same.

Wouldn't dream of going to Burnley or any other away game under present circumstances.

This Bristol City supporter of 46 consecutive seasons is even debating whether I can be bothered to drag myself to AG next Tuesday.

They won't need to ban understandably irate fans for protesting if this goes on much longer - disillusionment, then apathy, will empty the stands instead.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wouldn't dream of going to Burnley or any other away game under present circumstances.

This Bristol City supporter of 46 consecutive seasons is even debating whether I can be bothered to drag myself to AG next Tuesday.

They won't need to ban understandably irate fans for protesting if this goes on much longer - disillusionment, then apathy, will empty the stands instead.

This is what SL will take most notice of 

and will notice it more acutely now having built a brilliant new (and empty) Stand

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

Indeed.

And its less toxic.

If those that are left are  shouting "Johnson Out" as well, even more effective.

He's said before "The fans tell you when enough is enough"

Difficult to compose a short enough phrase but I'd like a banner along the lines of 

A Premiership Manager next time please Steve

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

46 years that's a lot of football. U should go Tuesday Noggers. 

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've been going 29 years now.  It's a habit I can't get rid of. For better or worse I'll be there. But I must say: this is the first season I've found it a chore. Yes times have been bad before- worse in fact. But at the moment for whatever reason I'm the most despondent I've ever been. I really thought we had a launch pad to really progress. To really give it a go. But in true city fashion we've blown it. One step forward two steps back- it should be the new club motto.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

46 years that's a lot of football. U should go Tuesday Noggers. 

No doubt I will in the end RA. :doh:

In the Dolman though so, even if I was inclined, would have to be one mighty throw to get anywhere near LJ with my season ticket. ;)

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No doubt I will in the end RA. :doh:

In the Dolman though so, even if I was inclined, would have to be one mighty throw to get anywhere near LJ with my season ticket. ;)

Make sure the wind isn't blowing towards u . Otherwise it might blow back and hit u in the nogging  :mf_sleep:

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Me thinks LJ supporters will look back on these last couple of weeks with embarrassment after he's relegated us/when he's finally pushed.  

Blind faith to the extreme. 

If that happens then I shall look back on these weeks with sadness but proud of the fact that at no point will I have called for a good man to lose his job.

What will you do when he turns it round and goes on to be successful?

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I've been going 29 years now.  It's a habit I can't get rid of. For better or worse I'll be there. But I must say: this is the first season I've found it a chore. Yes times have been bad before- worse in fact. But at the moment for whatever reason I'm the most despondent I've ever been. I really thought we had a launch pad to really progress. To really give it a go. But in true city fashion we've blown it. One step forward two steps back- it should be the new club motto.

For me it's the present prolonged debacle, with the misery of the S'OD era still fairly fresh in the mind, with so much hope inbetween - now squandered - which is the killer. It's like supporting BCFC intrinsically means you're fated to being pissed off football wise 80% of the time.

This is the first time I've felt the owner is set on a path which it seems he will stick to despite being against the overwhelming mood of the fans, and I'm convinced that impasse is going to cost us.

P.S. Not saying the fans can ever expect to dictate to the owner btw, but on this occasion it seems so blindingly obvious change would be beneficial, and prolonged inaction is only inviting the drop.

Pretty miserable all round when you think about it.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

The post said throw them in the direction of Lee Johnson. Dont know about you but that suggests people have the intention of throwing them at him.

Reasonable fear of injury? If people are throwing season cards I think it's likely there would be reasonable fear of things like coins being thrown, or is that OK aswell?

Coins!  I remember when the Charity bin or whatever you want to call it used to come around the pitch at HT and supporters threw coins into it, I think it had a target on it. Well that was good for the Charity, but unfortunately some fans didn't have a very good aim and a coin hit me on the back of the head.  Very painful at the time, AH those were the days and not a chance of claiming you had been assaulted.

On 22/01/2017 at 18:05, BcFcOneLove said:

I commend the person who did this for having the b***** to get across how 99% of us feel.

Yeah.. putting up a banner with an insult and not owning up to it takes loads of balls doesn't it.

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I think you're taking the idea of throwing stuff at the pitch a little too far, due to your overreaction I'm surprised you went for coins rather than large hungry tigers in your comparison.

I would not condone throwing anything 'at' a person but you have seriously made yourself look a little silly with your comments. 

7 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

One step forward two steps back- it should be the new club motto.

Its subliminally in the song already..

One for the Bristol City (thats us the fans), two for the boys in red (thats the team)... In other words the players get double the satisfaction of us fans. Or, put another way, they care a lot less and suffer a lot less than us fans. 

Seriously though, your point is as pertinent today as it has been through much of our existence only now more so than ever.

12 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

They could post them around Bedminster/AG at night in the same way others have been done.  Would still be showing support.  No chance of confrontation. 

What about it LJ supporters?  Why not get out there and show some support for your man?

I agree. Johnson in banners might help to at least suggest he does have support out side of St Peter Port. And may even galvanize the team. My personal opinion is he shouldn't wait to be fired, however I  am a City fan and always want us to win and if he can take us forward despite this desperate run and soul destroying excuses and platitudes great. Take one to BURNLEY and hang it. See if it does any good!!  Johnson stays guys put your paint pot where your digits are and show up and back your guy with some personal support. 

Archived