IGNORED

Aden Flint for Captain

Paul Cheesey

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

But by default the defence must take the majority of the blame. I don't think we can include our new signings in this blame game either really. 

I'd give the captaincy  to BW.

So would I

(Also think tarring the defence with the majority of the blame is unfair and a bit naive , but it's been done to death on other threads so I'll leave alone)

12 hours ago, RedM said:

I don't know why but I honestly don't think Flint wants the armband. He seems to be a big influence on his teammates on and off the field and is popular, not afraid to give out a rollicking or take charge. But he does all this without being captain. He says himself he isn't patient, maybe he sees the captain needs to be. I can see him as captain material, thought so for a long time, but if he loses some of what he has (like many do, Skuse for example went to pieces as soon as he donned the armband) then no leave Flinty be.

Sorry, @Red-Robbo I think he has more intelligence than people give him credit for, maybe not top 3 but certainly not bottom 3 either.

11 hours ago, supercidered said:

I love Flinty but.... I think he needs to concentrate 100% on doing his actual job for the team right now. He looks rocky at the moment and I'm not having a dig at him because its another symptom of the pressure the team and all of us feel right now.

In the future and really hope there is one with Flinty in it, I think he would make a really good Captain.

I think others have beaten me to it, but I don't think Flint wants to be captain, plus I'd rather he concentrated on his game.

You can lead by example, which most of his time here he has done.  I wouldn't burden him with it.

Bit like England, there isn't a natural.

Someone, @Ivorguy, I think, suggested Tomlin.  If he is fit, ready to give his all, and lead my example, maybe making him captain gives him a second opportunity to be the hero (as he was keen on being last season).  If that is the carrot to get him back to the form we know he's capable of, why not.

Archived