IGNORED

Reclaim the East End - PETITION

phantom

Just now, Dollymarie said:

We weren't given the option in the South Stand of having an unreserved area with a more relaxed attitude to standing/language. The Atyeo was therefore the only choice given we could have that in there. 

The Atyeo is unlikely to remain in its current state for very much longer and so those of us who want the above would like a permanent home. We've moved 6 times in 5 seasons. It's got to stop. :) 

just think of the exercise Dolls, we'll start getting personal trainers in for you lot soon ;)

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

just think of the exercise Dolls, we'll start getting personal trainers in for you lot soon ;)

You should see how far my phone tells me I already walk on a match day, traipsing to and from the Supporters Club and Trust room (often several times before the match) and then walking all the way round to the Atyeo to get in. It gets close to 2 miles most games! :shocking:

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Personally I'd like to see an entire end as unreserved safe standing. That's the only way to consistently generate an atmosphere and avoid token gestures. 

We'd still have more than enough seats left over for everyone else. 

Only problem is all stands have seats with season ticket holders who would have to relocate - or accept safe standing, singing, foul language etc.

22 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Only problem is all stands have seats with season ticket holders who would have to relocate - or accept safe standing, singing, foul language etc.

Not really a problem. That's all a part of football and desperately needed at Ashton Gate. And fans aren't entitled to a seat just because they've been sat there for two seasons.

49 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

We weren't given the option in the South Stand of having an unreserved area with a more relaxed attitude to standing/language. The Atyeo was therefore the only choice given we could have that in there. 

The Atyeo is unlikely to remain in its current state for very much longer and so those of us who want the above would like a permanent home. We've moved 6 times in 5 seasons. It's got to stop. :) 

How would moving into the South Stand not inhibit others views? Side? Centre?

Would an unreserved area mean a loss of capacity in the South Stand, and why when it was stated the stand was unsafe to stand is the South stand now considered an option?

The petition link does not provide much detail.

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

How would moving into the South Stand not inhibit others views? Side? Centre?

Would an unreserved area mean a loss of capacity in the South Stand, and why when it was stated the stand was unsafe to stand is the South stand now considered an option?

The petition link does not provide much detail.

To answer your middle paragraph, I've already said elsewhere, when they came out with the "too steep to stand" comment about the SS, it was the year the execs etc had to move to the SS corner because there was no Williams/Lansdown. They didn't want us riff raft over near them. 

In answer to your first paragraph, the suggestion was we would be in the corner of the SS next to the Dolman. 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

To answer your middle paragraph, I've already said elsewhere, when they came out with the "too steep to stand" comment about the SS, it was the year the execs etc had to move to the SS corner because there was no Williams/Lansdown. They didn't want us riff raft over near them. 

In answer to your first paragraph, the suggestion was we would be in the corner of the SS next to the Dolman. 

So any move into the centre of the South stand would inhibit others views?

Well when I renewed my season ticket when the eastend shut . Dave Lloyd was at the day and showed us were we would sit in the grandstand. (By the clock ) . We asked him when the SS was finished were would we go . He said u will have first option. And the old eastend lot would be going back in there . First refusal. But obviously the goalposts moved 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

6 times in 5 seasons. Is that from the eastend onwards . I'm struggling to think of 5 or 6 times 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

If people were to stand up then likely yes. It's why the corner makes the most sense. 

The petition mentions S22.

Clearly fans would stand and they would affect others:

1. They want fans to move aside for them.
  2. Fans views who do not stand would be affected.

Would an unreserved section anywhere in the South Stand also lead to a reduction in capacity?

37 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Not really a problem. That's all a part of football and desperately needed at Ashton Gate. And fans aren't entitled to a seat just because they've been sat there for two seasons.

And your not entitled to expect to go into another stand and sit/stand and do as you please.

What the club are likely to propose is the best possible solution, taking EVERYONES views on board

There's probably 30-40 of us in S21 that try and get an atmosphere going in SS at the moment and like others have mentioned..on the rare occasion it does get going it does the set the ground off as the other stands follow as the acoustics are rather decent. Much better than the Atyeo which I can rarely hear even when they clearly are singing and making lots of noise. 

How many ST holders are in the Atyeo these days?! Probably a silly idea but how about moving 300-400 to one block of each stand? (if they're willing to)! That way we'll have a good amount of noise all over the ground rather than just one block in one stand.

We definitely need to make more noise though, Ashton Gate can still be a fortress!

• SC&T Board Members
7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The petition mentions S22.

Clearly fans would stand and they would affect others:

1. They want fans to move aside for them.
  2. Fans views who do not stand would be affected.

Would an unreserved section anywhere in the South Stand also lead to a reduction in capacity?

The petition is misguided and S22 is not under consideration. As you rightly say, any standing in a central block of a stand causes sightline obstructions for seated fans in the blocks on either side. It is therefore a non-starter.

What the club discussed with some of the Atyeo fans a few weeks back was a POSSIBLE relocation to the southeast quadrant of the South Stand, i.e. blocks 25, 26 and 27. Being in the corner, any standing there would not cause sightline obstructions for fans seated in adjacent blocks in the South or Dolman Stand.

There was general concensus that this might work and the BS guys went away to mull over the wider implications. If they felt they wanted to proceed with that idea, they would first consult the ST holders in that area, they said.

Looking to the future (as I said in a previous thread a few weeks back) my personal vision would be:

Phase 1: Standing behind normal seats for the time being in the South East quadrant

Phase 2: Standing behind rail seats in the SE quadrant when the rules permit

Phase 3: As Phase 2, plus standing behind rail seats across the back of the South Stand (coming forwards down the stand over time if the demand is there for an ever-growing standing area)

But that's just my own personal vision (and it should, of course, only ever be done in tandem with a process of consultation with the fans involved/affected).

13 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

And your not entitled to expect to go into another stand and sit/stand and do as you please.

What the club are likely to propose is the best possible solution, taking EVERYONES views on board

The club needs to resolve the atmosphere. People have been moved around before and will have to do again in the future. You don't have a right to a seat just because you've been in it for two seasons.

The atmosphere needs to be better at Ashton Gate. People will be upset whatever proposal is made, it's the reality.

31 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

What the club discussed with some of the Atyeo fans a few weeks back was a POSSIBLE relocation to the southeast quadrant of the South Stand, i.e. blocks 25, 26 and 27. Being in the corner, any standing there would not cause sightline obstructions for fans seated in adjacent blocks in the South or Dolman Stand.

There was general concensus that this might work and the BS guys went away to mull over the wider implications. If they felt they wanted to proceed with that idea, they would first consult the ST holders in that area, they said.

That was the information that I was referring to. Taking other snippets and putting them together, it is quite possible that the family areas would be moved to a portion of the upper Lansdown - after all, it wouldn't cause a knock-on to another group of ST holders and their seats. But that is an assumption that could very well be wrong and until it is confirmed or refuted that is unsettling.....

• SC&T Board Members
41 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The petition was probably ill conceived Blagdon Red.

Would an unreserved section in South East quadrant of the South Stand lead to a reduction in capacity?

Possibly. But only if the SAG took the view that being unreserved / allowing standing would lead to fans spilling out into the aisles.

I believe that the argument could be put to them that due to the extreme spaciousness of the seating rows in that stand, no such issues would arise. I would hope that if that argument were put to them, the SAG would at least be prepared to try it out for a few games to see how things went. If 10% of tickets in that area were not sold as STs, they would still be able to impose a restriction several weeks into the season if they felt that there was indeed a problem with incursion into the aisles. If there was no such problem, then there would be no need to reduce the capacity.

On 25/01/2017 at 16:32, London expats said:

Would be interesting to see what the take up was if they offered SS season ticket holders the opportunity to move to upper lansdown for the same price, Then singers may be able to go behind the goal !

I don't want to go to the Lansdown! 

16 hours ago, BS3rich said:

There's probably 30-40 of us in S21 that try and get an atmosphere going in SS at the moment and like others have mentioned..on the rare occasion it does get going it does the set the ground off as the other stands follow as the acoustics are rather decent. Much better than the Atyeo which I can rarely hear even when they clearly are singing and making lots of noise. 

How many ST holders are in the Atyeo these days?! Probably a silly idea but how about moving 300-400 to one block of each stand? (if they're willing to)! That way we'll have a good amount of noise all over the ground rather than just one block in one stand.

We definitely need to make more noise though, Ashton Gate can still be a fortress!

They would have to go at the back if they want to stand, plus I'm sure that more sound could be generated due to acoustics…

About time our vocal support had a proper home. They've been moved around so often, always to the worst places in the ground. No wonder the atmosphere is pretty bad at games.

On a tangent a bit but few weeks back I was in the Lansdown and we had a penalty, the Reading game, myself and others around me stood up for the pen - as normal.  We were then shouted at to 'sit down' by those behind us. I've never experienced this at home before - pretty much everyone else in the ground was stood as normal for the penalty. We weren't even in corporate - just normal seats. Very odd and I hope this is just an isolated incident.

Personally, I couldnt give a s**t cos if we keep going the way we are going this season I will swop my ST for a private box next season........................................and stand on it to watch my old team Rangeworthy in the Bristol and District :laughcont::laughcont:

The problem is the Government have no interest or inclination about bringing safe standing back. It goes even above football authorities obviously, 

Celtic have safe standing rail seats though and seem to have had no ill effects brought about by it- as well as the obvious benefits. A small section of 2,600 but a section nonetheless!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The problem is the Government have no interest or inclination about bringing safe standing back. It goes even above football authorities obviously, 

Celtic have safe standing rail seats though and seem to have had no ill effects brought about by it- as well as the obvious benefits. A small section of 2,600 but a section nonetheless!

Standing is not a dangerous activity. Too many people is dangerous. Get the ticketing right, the correct entrances and exits, and there isn't a problem to fix.

Its a convenient stick to beat football fans with and it needs to disappear to bring atmospheres back. 

Hillsborough was tragic, but if there had been seats then it would have been even worse. 

Too many people allowed in to pens and fencing pitch side was the cause (of injury, I'm not reapportioning blame), not whether they were stood or sat. 

Archived