IGNORED

Tomlin

Ashton98

2 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

I don't believe we have enough quality on th wings on this. Playing with wing backs must require them to attack and defend all game. I don't believe we have anyone who can play wing back that can do either of them very well 

Well playing Abraham up front on his own is too IMO negative for me and if we play 2 upfront then Tomlin will have to be sacrificed IMO, I can't see how else he can be fitted in.

I think a lot of credit has to be given to LJ and how he has handled this situation. 

He has turned an unfit, underperforming player into a player that is able to start and influence games again. Eith any other player it may not seem a big deal, but this is Lee Tomlin, someone who needs to be handled sensitively. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I think a lot of credit has to be given to LJ and how he has handled this situation. 

He has turned an unfit, underperforming player into a player that is able to start and influence games again. Eith any other player it may not seem a big deal, but this is Lee Tomlin, someone who needs to be handled sensitively. 

And played in his correct position, however LJ handled the situation he came close to blowing it with his recurring ridiculous decision to play him wide on the right.

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who claimed how Lee Tomlin was treated so badly by our manager given tonight's performance, LT's previous interviews and the facts that he has had a few below par games. Fantastic to hear such refreshing honesty in the post match interview.

1 minute ago, allyolly said:

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who claimed how Lee Tomlin was treated so badly by our manager given tonight's performance, LT's previous interviews and the facts that he has had a few below par games. Fantastic to hear such refreshing honesty in the post match interview.

Would be more interested to hear why LJ started him wide right an absolutely nonsense decision and it took a conceded goal and Little and Tomlin in an animated discussion about cover when we nearly conceded a 2nd.

2 hours ago, Redbo said:

Anyone else think he was told to do his badge-slapping celebration and hug with LJ at the end? ;):P

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

No, probably just two adults putting issues aside and relief at a point well earned :) 

Exactly; nothing better than to give someone you respect or love a huge hug after a blistering period of disagreements and arguments; the bond can be stronger afterwards. Jolly well hope so.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Would be more interested to hear why LJ started him wide right an absolutely nonsense decision and it took a conceded goal and Little and Tomlin in an animated discussion about cover when we nearly conceded a 2nd.

You know what? I'm just happy LT has done everything asked of himself to get back into the team, on the back of an illness aswell.

You play where your manager tells you to play. End of.

Why are we blaming LT for ML being poor?

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You know what? I'm just happy LT has done everything asked of himself to get back into the team, on the back of an illness aswell.

What utter nonsense, I am not blaming Tomlin for anything I am blaming LJ for a nonsense tactical mistake, wide players are meant to give cover to their full back, Tomlin is not and never will be a wide player, so why the fuck does LJ insist on playing him there it makes absolutely no sense at all, however play him in his proper position and you get a performance like tonight.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

We are not blaming LT. It's the tactical genius......yet again.....who thought that Little would have no problem dealing with TWO players (knowing Tomlin wouldn't track back) that some have an issue with.

Check out the body language at 10 seconds into the interview with Tomlin.   He touches his nose when saying he and LJ had a laugh about all the twitter comments about their bust up.    You touch your nose when you're lying - one of the clearest body language signals.   He's not telling the truth then.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38761360

No big deal - you expect there to be bust ups and it seems to be paying off giving the shift he put in last night.

12 hours ago, Ashton98 said:

Is unplayable on his day, gave one of the best midfielders in the league a run around. If he plays like this every week can see us staying up comfortably. Even a few Wednesday fans clapped him off 

Had one of his best game for ages. And the way LJ hugged him at the end, shows that wasn't unappreciated.

I love the way he can just bamboozle defenders: he feints, drops his shoulder, shifts the ball between his feet, and they don't know whether he's going right, left or trying to nutmeg them.

There was a perfect incident of that in the second half where for about 20 seconds there was a sort of stand off, with their guy not having a clue how to tackle Tommo. Having held the ball up for long enough to allow Bryan to make a surging run, LT just flicked the ball over the Wednesday player, lofting an inch-perfect 30-yard pass to Joe.

Stuff like that is a joy to watch.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Had one of his best game for ages. And the way LJ hugged him at the end, shows that wasn't unappreciated.

I love the way he can just bamboozle defenders: he feints, drops his shoulder, shifts the ball between his feet, and they don't know whether he's going right, left or trying to nutmeg them.

There was a perfect incident of that in the second half where for about 20 seconds there was a sort of stand off, with their guy not having a clue how to tackle Tommo. Having held the ball up for long enough to allow Bryan to make a surging run, LT just flicked the ball over the Wednesday player, lofting an inch-perfect 30-yard pass to Joe.

I remember that incident and he was full of tricks the whole time he was on. No doubt that at his best Tomlin is a class act.

As you say players like him are a joy to watch. I used love watch JET play when he could be arsed to make the effort.....

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As I have said previously Tomlin and Johnsons futures are linked whether or not they like it. Chuffed they seem to be working things out!

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Trying to fit everyone in i guess. He is a professional coach and knows more than anyone on here having played the game professionally as well so there must be some reason......:yawn:

I agree but as people keep pointing out that he is under severe pressure and he makes a tactical decision like that and is punished within 20 minutes and it could have been much worse and that is putting yourself under even more pressure IMO.

The positive is he eventually recognised his faux pas and corrected it but next time it might be to late.

My son is a ST holder at PUFC and Tuesday morning assured me that "rumours were rife" about Tomlin moving to Posh. Obviously he didn't and the window is now shut. But were there any rumours back in Bristol of him leaving?

Just now, 22A said:

My son is a ST holder at PUFC and Tuesday morning assured me that "rumours were rife" about Tomlin moving to Posh. Obviously he didn't and the window is now shut. But were there any rumours back in Bristol of him leaving?

Not that I've heard, 22A. and if he did move, I'd imagine it would be to another Championship club at least. 

3 hours ago, Daniro said:

Check out the body language at 10 seconds into the interview with Tomlin.   He touches his nose when saying he and LJ had a laugh about all the twitter comments about their bust up.    You touch your nose when you're lying - one of the clearest body language signals.   He's not telling the truth then.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38761360

No big deal - you expect there to be bust ups and it seems to be paying off giving the shift he put in last night.

Lmao 

Archived