IGNORED

That new keeper.

GrahamC

27 minutes ago, Super said:

Don't think anyone is writing him off just judging him on his performance last night. Not just him that needs to massively improve if we defend like that in these 4 away games we will get slaughtered big time.

Get Magners back in the side,pronto..

That Wright makes me have kittens 

56 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Answering my own question, from the BCFC website i can now see its David Coles who has coached at West Ham and coached David Green. However, his playing days was mainly at non-league Aldershot. Hopefully he is a good mentor and is assessing the keepers on a regular basis and has the respect of the keepers....

Dave Coles is a very well respected goalkeeping coach, which makes it all the more baffling that we've had such goalkeeping problems this year.

2 hours ago, joeyb said:

I am also in the camp of believing it's the defence and I will probably get shot down for this but I really believe we need to cash in on Flint in the summer and build a back 4 around Wright and Magnusson. As much as I love the bloke, I think as a defender he is limited and isn't good enough at tracking his man or organising the defence despite him being a 'leader' type figure.

Personally I would like to see something like this next season (assuming we stay up):

Lucic / New GK

Vyner-----Wright-----Magnusson-----Bryan

I've got a gut feeling that Vyner will turn out to be a really good defender. He looks athletic which will allow him to play the all round full back role very well.

wright was awful last night, all over the place,

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

Nope, wasn't there. I'm specifically addressing the criticism of the his role in the first goal (which was unfair) and the save he made where the ball spilled out into the box (partly justified, still a little unfair)

Just spoke to my father in law who's blind and wasn't at the game last night. He thinks the fist goal was definitely the keepers fault. 

3 hours ago, swanker said:

Just spoke to my father in law who's blind and wasn't at the game last night. He thinks the fist goal was definitely the keepers fault. 

Perhaps you could help change your in-laws view by talking him through the highlights, as he would need to be a sprinter to get to the first ball - I doubt any Prem keeper would have done this either but it's all conjecture. 

Archived