IGNORED

Avon & Somerset Police 'snake' comment.

freezer

I apologise if this has already been covered.

I am somewhat gobsmacked that A&S Police feel that it is at all appropriate to label Mr Taylor as a 'snake' in their recent tweet. Their thinking behind it apparently, was to diffuse the situation regarding his transfer between the two clubs. Well, they got that very wrong didn't they. It has merely fuelled the angst and vitriolic comments from the blue few. No apology coming from plod, just a half hearted justification for it. Shocking. Bad job PC Dick Head. Better stay out of it if this is the best you can do.

Rant over.

2 minutes ago, freezer said:

I apologise if this has already been covered.

I am somewhat gobsmacked that A&S Police feel that it is at all appropriate to label Mr Taylor as a 'snake' in their recent tweet. Their thinking behind it apparently, was to diffuse the situation regarding his transfer between the two clubs. Well, they got that very wrong didn't they. It has merely fuelled the angst and vitriolic comments from the blue few. No apology coming from plod, just a half hearted justification for it. Shocking. Bad job PC Dick Head. Better stay out of it if this is the best you can do.

Rant over.

Not the first time the Police have made stupid comments on twitter, police in Liverpool tweeted about Everton being raped by Sunderland and being caught with their pants.

Should keep to catching criminals and protecting Steve Phillips from those nasty City fans than making tasteless jokes on twitter.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I assumed it was from a fake account ?

If it was from an official,one Id suggest somebody is in mighty ********

My first thought was that it was a fake account but it is real.  Disgraceful the an public service institution paid by mine and yours taxes should call a member of the public a snake for the crime of moving from one football club to another.

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

It's still there. On one of the Avon and Somerset sister accounts. Personally I saw it as a bit of light hearted fun but I can see why some think it shouldn't have been posted.

Looks like it's taking the piss out of Gasheads to me. I bet some of them did phone the old bill to make a complaint as well :yes:

It's pretty unprofessional though. I'd be furious if one of the team used the company account to post a "joke" like that. Even if it was about the Blue Few.

But I suppose what can you expect from the Woodentops at A&S. Couldn't catch a bloody cold that lot....

Archived