IGNORED

Avon & Somerset Police 'snake' comment.

freezer

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

That would be @JulieH and she wasn't very impressed with it. I'm not sure what you mean by your other comments, she's been posting fairly regularly when people have asked stuff. There's also not been any snooping as her name appears in the list at the bottom when she's on here. 

I bet @Rudolf Hucker adder

What do you think of your colleagues calling a law abiding citizen a snake on social media?

My opinion is, it is completely unprofessional from a so called professional Police service.

At the moment Avon and Somerset has a poor reputation, what with the saga /fiasco of you recently departed Chief Constable and officer going around tasering pensions, tweets like this about Matt T just bring the force into disrepute.

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

What do you think of your colleagues calling a law abiding citizen a snake on social media?

My opinion is, it is completely unprofessional from a so called professional Police service.

At the moment Avon and Somerset has a poor reputation, what with the saga /fiasco of you recently departed Chief Constable and officer going around tasering pensions, tweets like this about Matt T just bring the force into disrepute.

Ffs mate, we've just stolen the best player the gas had for peanuts. Be happy about that rather than seeking to take offence at next to nothing eh, leave that to the other lot.

6 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Seems this was an attempt to diffuse the situation but its backfiring...if not sidetracking. Nothing worst than badly judged,but doesn't help A&S in any way-you would think as low a profile as possible would be their current 'order of the day'!

16 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Blimey bs3, do we really need another thread on this? And I really don't see the need to bring Julie into this, she cannot be held in any way responsible for the actions of colleagues.

Was it intended as just a bit of fun? Obviously yes

Was it ill-judged? Probably

Do we need to take offence at it? No.

Just my opinion, harmless fun and a bit of humour yes. But I am surprised they got involved and probably should not have done. To the Gasheads it reads as though they are taking the piss out of them and siding with us which surely won't help matters. And on a personal level I have been awaiting a response from the Police on a slightly more serious matter for a month now. 

4 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Not offended by it , just think the Old Bill shouldn't be wasting their time tweeting this shite, when they have better things to do.

How long do you think it took them (on second thoughts don't answer that).  I think it's a shame really, they are trying to show they are involved in the local community and that contrary to what most might think, have a sense of humour, and people jump on them for it. 

Also, MODS, can we merge this with the other thread? If people think the tweet was wasting police time, I think trying to get JulieH to comment is worse in that respect.

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Not offended by it , just think the Old Bill shouldn't be wasting their time tweeting this shite, when they have better things to do.

Like reading people's complaints on OTIB?!

Personally I found it great, it was good to see the Police with a personality and sense of humour. 

44 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The Police weren't calling Taylor a snake, they were joking that Gasheads were talking about 'a snake' in South Bristol.

Didn't look like that to me, Peter.

Despite the conciliatory message at the end of the tweet, it was clearly the work of some irked Gashead on their media team.

At a time when the police have got to waste resources protecting Taylor and his family from cretins who use the same language as was used in the tweet, it is - at the minimum - incredibly ill-judged.

27 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Don't you have better things to do than wasting your time with another thread on this?

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Didn't look like that to me, Peter.

Despite the conciliatory message at the end of the tweet, it was clearly the work of some irked Gashead on their media team.

At a time when the police have got to waste resources protecting Taylor and his family from cretins who use the same language as was used in the tweet, it is - at the minimum - incredibly ill-judged.

Disagree. Sounded more like they were saying "Ok gasheads you've had a bit of a meltdown, but **** off and leave us alone now!!"

All about interpretation I suppose. We had a laugh at it in the pub pre game on Tuesday.

Archived