IGNORED

Avon & Somerset Police 'snake' comment.

freezer

18 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Interested to hear @Fordy62 view. 

Hi mate. 

I was pretty surprised to see it myself. I think the thing that surprised me the most was that it didn't actually carry a message of sorts, it just seems to be them getting in on the fun. 

That being said, it's not the A&S official twitter, just a team based one by the looks of things, so it's not quite as bad. 

Did it cause much harm? No. 

Was it unprofessional? Maybe a little. 

Would I do it myself? No. 

But it has stirred up the blue few to label our new striker as ' The Snake', which is somewhat defamatory.

Let's hope he bangs the goals in that keep us up - if he's played (up front) - and slithers into our hearts as one of our own greats.

Snake Taylor, welcome to South Bristol.

I'm in the camp of seeing that this does no harm.

As a side effect, the police and all kinds of public groups need to try as many avenues as poss to get things out there. If this, frankly harmless, tweet leads to people following the account and reacting to and preventing a serious alert when they tweet that, has to be a good thing.

Its humour, it's not offensive, it engages the public. Fair play to them

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

F*cking hell, it probably took them about two minutes to compose that tweet, it was a bit of light hearted fun. People take things too seriously nowadays and look to be offended by anything possible as well.

It was one of the funniest tweets from Tuesday and to be fair a number of the blue few had already branded Taylor a snake by the time it was published.  I can't see why there is a problem, you can't do anything today without somebody saying "You Can't Do That!" there are too many spoilsports around.

5 hours ago, freezer said:

But it has stirred up the blue few to label our new striker as ' The Snake', which is somewhat defamatory.

Let's hope he bangs the goals in that keep us up - if he's played (up front) - and slithers into our hearts as one of our own greats.

Snake Taylor, welcome to South Bristol.

Taylor was being spoken of as "The Snake" on Twitter for several hours, prior to this Tweet being posted. Maybe they were actually taking the p*ss if any Rovers fans had actually phoned them?  Thought it was just a bit of light hearted fun myself.

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Bless them. It was harmless trying to diffuse a situation and simultaneously let people know they are watching! 

Take it for what it was. 

Teddy Taylor is our player now!

Bless them-maybe they should work harder to ensure the intelligence that they act upon is correct,rather than piss around on 'Twitter'..

Are we allowed now to refer to A&S police as snakes??

7 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I can't see one on any of the accounts included in the above tweet no. 

Dolly who is the Old Bill on her who comes snooping about, she's gone a bit quiet, I'll like to see what she thinks about this tweet, or was her being on this site just a bit of PR. 

Was OTIB being used by the Police for a bit a spin, if not let's see what she thinks about it.

59 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Bless them-maybe they should work harder to ensure the intelligence that they act upon is correct,rather than piss around on 'Twitter'..

Are we allowed now to refer to A&S police as snakes??

you'd find it hard to act if you had to wear a blindfold with both hands tied behind you back and most of your tools taken away from you

46 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Dolly who is the Old Bill on her who comes snooping about, she's gone a bit quiet, I'll like to see what she thinks about this tweet, or was her being on this site just a bit of PR. 

Was OTIB being used by the Police for a bit a spin, if not let's see what she thinks about it.

That would be @JulieH and she wasn't very impressed with it. I'm not sure what you mean by your other comments, she's been posting fairly regularly when people have asked stuff. There's also not been any snooping as her name appears in the list at the bottom when she's on here. 

Archived