IGNORED

Chris Wilder Offered City Job

Coppello

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Perhaps Rowett isn't interested?

Maybe true but I would certainly hope that they would ask the question and show him what we are offering ,

certainly can't be any worse than LJ, with his awful tactics and constant changes to starting 11 think it's a must that he goes as just can't see us putting a string of results together to gain enough points! 

44 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Under the circumstances and budget he worked with at brum plus Burton i would say it is, the Birmingham fans we're gutted when he left , that can not be said about LJ plus at no point in LJ managerial career has his ever eciteded himself (bang average)  and was very fortunate to get a championship job, where I would imagine GR would be top off most clubs at this level list, LJ simply would not, speaks volumes on how poor and lucky he is and has been! 

How is his time at Burton relevant to his Championship record?

Clue: it isn't.

The tipping point for SC being replaced was him having a go at a spectator who was abusing him. Was LJ any different today in his response to those behind him? It might not be football matters that see him pushed out. And can I see SL going for a League 1 manager again to replace LJ? Unfortunately absolutely I can. On which basis even DC is a good betting option...That would really see a few people around Horfield exploding with rage, should it ever come to pass, and be almost as divisive with us as the appointment of LJ! 

13 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

Chris wilder never managed in championship also in work and requires a compensation fee....

or

Gary rowett out of work great record at this level 

when will landsdown learn and go for who the fans want.

The fans wanted McInnes.

The fans wanted SOD.

The fans didn't want Cotterill.

Not sure what lesson Lansdown needs to learn from that...

43 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The fans wanted McInnes.

The fans wanted SOD.

I wanted SOD and I didn't agree with Cotts so hands up for me, and we can't forget Coppell who the fans were ecstatic about..

Seeing as the boat seems to be pushed out on transfer fees and probably wages on players, the same needs to be done with a management position which is by far the most important imo.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The fans wanted McInnes.

The fans wanted SOD.

This is true just very down hearted by our form and where he is taking us and the fact landsdown is willing to let him take us there Just find frustrating as the football and results are dross The fans certainlydidn't want LJ tho 

This "is Rowett's record better than LJ's?" chat is getting boring now.

In raw numbers; Rowett's Birmingham made more points per game that LJ's City at this level, and overall Rowett has both a higher win ratio and lower percentage of games lost than LJ.

Robert also only was given notable funds to spend this summer, wherein he had his team pushing for a playoff place, and he spent what looks to be less then many have to do that. 

Prior to that he was operating under strict financial limitations and doing more than alright.

I'm not advocating he be brought in or jockeying for LJ's immediate ejection, but tired of people trying to nod that Rowett's record isn't any good - it is more than solid at this level.  The football played might not have been of the champagne variety, but his teams got results.

There's a little problem with this....

He's in a job which means we'd have need to make an official approach for him via Sheff Utd for him to reject us. Official approaches tend to make headlines at both clubs especially considering we still have a head coach/manager. I'm not naive enough to believe the occasional informal chat never happens but i'm not sure we'd risk tapping up a manager while we still have one employed. If we got caught we'd be liable for a big fine and probably compensation to both LJ and Sheff utd.

Thought I'd clarify a few points having been provided a bit more information:

- Lansdown invited Wilder's agent into the Chairman's box on Tuesday before the Sheffield Wednesday game.

- The agent travelled down and an attractive offer was on the table in the event that City lost either of the games this week.

- He rejected the offer as he wants to get the Blades promoted as it his local club. 

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've no idea what Birmingham's budget is/was. 

LJ has certainly been backed but most/all covered by the Kodjia sale. 

You don't need to know what B's budget is - he didn't spend any money at all, but took a club who were down21st to finish in the top 10, twice, and had them 7th when he was sacked. that looks like it was going to be 3 seasons in a row, just outside the play-offs - which we'd kill for - spending no money...WHAT IS IT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT ROWETT being good?

19 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Thought I'd clarify a few points having been provided a bit more information:

- Lansdown invited Wilder's agent into the Chairman's box on Tuesday before the Sheffield Wednesday game.

- The agent travelled down and an attractive offer was on the table in the event that City lost either of the games this week.

- He rejected the offer as he wants to get the Blades promoted as it his local club. 

If true, this is very surprising.  You'd think that anything like this would have been done away from the stadium.  Having the agent of manager (who is in employment) attend a game where a manager is already in employment is pretty shitty by any stretch of the imagination IMO. 

Just now, cityloyal473 said:

If true, this is very surprising.  You'd think that anything like this would have been done away from the stadium.  Having the agent of manager (who is in employment) attend a game where a manager is already in employment is pretty shitty by any stretch of the imagination IMO. 

I find it extremly difficult to believe   

35 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

You don't need to know what B's budget is - he didn't spend any money at all, but took a club who were down21st to finish in the top 10, twice, and had them 7th when he was sacked. that looks like it was going to be 3 seasons in a row, just outside the play-offs - which we'd kill for - spending no money...WHAT IS IT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT ROWETT being good?

I don't argue that he's no good. I simply asked if his record as manager in the championship was really much more impressive than LJ's..? 

Looking at both of their win percentages in the Championship, there isn't a lot between them. Despite the horrible recent run that we have been on. 

5 hours ago, samo II said:

This "is Rowett's record better than LJ's?" chat is getting boring now.

In raw numbers; Rowett's Birmingham made more points per game that LJ's City at this level, and overall Rowett has both a higher win ratio and lower percentage of games lost than LJ.

Robert also only was given notable funds to spend this summer, wherein he had his team pushing for a playoff place, and he spent what looks to be less then many have to do that. 

Prior to that he was operating under strict financial limitations and doing more than alright.

I'm not advocating he be brought in or jockeying for LJ's immediate ejection, but tired of people trying to nod that Rowett's record isn't any good - it is more than solid at this level.  The football played might not have been of the champagne variety, but his teams got results.

Couldn't agree more with everything said here. 

Think there's another poster on here who might support the theory that MA has been putting feelers out and having the odd chat with certain people

and I would hope he was , if only as a plan B 

(Not going to say more as it's down to that poster whether he / she feels comfortable to share it)

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't argue that he's no good. I simply asked if his record as manager in the championship was really much more impressive than LJ's..? 

Looking at both of their win percentages in the Championship, there isn't a lot between them. Despite the horrible recent run that we have been on. 

Christ; I've said it before, and I'll say it again - **** win %.

This is THE most base way of assessing managerial success, and without context means nothing.

A much, much better way of judging managerial quality is via the basics of league position (for example; Rowett's average league finish in the Championship is 10th - an excellent achievement) or if you want to look at stats, how many games in which managers avoid loss.

I've stuck together some overall stats on loss % ratios, as well as club-specific ones - see the images for the stats (from wikipedia, and up-to-date as of this weekend) - but in numbers;

Rowett % of games lost

Career - 31%
Birmingham - 30.2%

LJ % of games lost

Overall - 37.4%
Bristol City - 46.2%

And for the record, LJ's win ratio at City is 38.5% - less than the % he has lost (raw numbers; he's lost four more games than hes won), while Rowett's at Brum was 39.6%; both higher overall, and significantly better than games lost %.

So, to put the record as straight as can be; over twice as many games, and 20-or-so% more games across their entire careers, Gary Rowett is statistically a better manager, and has a better record at this level.

Please can we cut out this chatter over it - Rowett has a superior record as it stands.  LJ might lead a phoenix-like recovery and void that, but as it stands Rowett's record is better.

LJ.jpg

rowett.jpg

Archived