IGNORED

Don't know what you're doing...

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Get a grip . Stop over reacting. A bit of criticism is part of life. Fool 

The over reaction was there to see when the subs were made by no doubt sad people such as yourself ?

Fool - wow I'm hurt - snappy comeback !! :facepalm:

We did look a lot more potent when he made the substitutions but I keep asking why are the first half's so bland and we never seem like scoring,

He is good at changing things but why doesn't he start that way,so far this season we have only scored twice in the first half (both pens ) it would be better to score early and get the game won before half time    

The person who "didn't know what he was doing" was PA man who neglected to announce that Matt Taylor was one of the subs. It was clear to me from their comments that some supporters - back of Dolman, furthest away from the dug out - hadn't noticed he had sauntered onto the pitch and were under the impression that Johnson had taken Tammy off to play Djuric as a lone striker. 

My eyesight is clearly better than some, but if he HAD have done that I would have joined in the booing!

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Hard to articulate the point without sounding superfan happy clapper, that I am not. LJ's sacking I have advocated. 

But...

To those  singing you don't know what you're doing: Shame on you.

A striker 4 weeks in to the country; a striker coming on to make his debut after crossing the divide and all that brings and that's your immediate reaction. Pathetic.  Terrible support nil encouragement and a rank atmosphere to enter in to.

Even as someone who would relieve LJ of his duties it made my bloody afternoon that the theee brought on, unless my eyes deceived me, each contributed to the phase of play we scored from. 

And reading this forum for a week most suggested it be 2 up front and the two best suited to eachother would be Taylor and Djuric. What's even funnier is the 2 attackers replaced did nothing. The three that came on caused problems: one scored and one assisted in less time than those replaced had on the field  

At last, someone who understands football.

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Seriously, were we at the same match?....for anyone not there I can assure them that the supporters sang throughout, did their very best to lift a side bereft of shape and zest in the first half, in which we barely mustered an attack. And these are people who turn up week in week out to watch uninspiring, depressing, defeat after defeat...the two bursts of booing and chanting were obviously aimed at LJ, who is responsible for the shambles...didn't you hear the cheers that greeted each of the subs as they were announced?

Johnson has thus far largely dodged any abuse...barely a squeak...which makes him a very lucky chap.

I don't disagree with much in your post but I do 'sang throughout'. In the Atyeo it was not a la Sheff Weds, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The person who "didn't know what he was doing" was PA man who neglected to announce that Matt Taylor was one of the subs. It was clear to me from their comments that some supporters - back of Dolman, furthest away from the dug out - hadn't noticed he had sauntered onto the pitch and were under the impression that Johnson had taken Tammy off to play Djuric as a lone striker. 

My eyesight is clearly better than some, but if he HAD have done that I would have joined in the booing!

Totally agree that didn't help matters at all and a far bigger announcement was befitting. Nonetheless, in the mood Tammy was in and as profligate as he was with the ball and possession not sure bringing on Djuric would have drew the same response from me nonetheless. Even the fact he was willing to stand up to Tomlin and say 'no fking more' would have put him in credit.   

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

The over reaction was there to see when the subs were made by no doubt sad people such as yourself ?

Fool - wow I'm hurt - snappy comeback !! :facepalm:

I don't think it was an over reaction. When you're on the worst run in the history of the club . I think the fans are entitled to their opinion. But I feel I'm chatting to a 10 year old child. So I apologise for calling u a fool . 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I don't disagree with much in your post but I do 'sang throughout'. In the Atyeo it was not a la Sheff Weds, in my opinion. 

Point taken...I confess I was taking a bit of licence with "sang throughout"...the occasional raucous "come on you reds" as opposed to a wall of noise...But the attempts were scattered throughout...which is about as good as it gets at Ashton Gate!

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Probably as shocked at the rest of us that we needed a triple substitution to get the points against Rotherham!

Just now, 29AR said:

Totally agree that didn't help matters at all and a far bigger announcement was befitting. Nonetheless, in the mood Tammy was in and as profligate as he was with the ball and possession not sure bringing on Djuric would have drew the same response from me nonetheless. Even the fact he was willing to stand up to Tomlin and say 'no fking more' would have put him in credit.   

Personally, I thought the subs were timely. Tomlin was having a poor game again, which is a shame after he'd been so lively on Tuesday night, Tammy wasn't poor - remember he actually saved us in the first half by clearing off the line - but it was reasonable to rest him and bring on Taylor and Djuric and that meant three at the back, so Little - who had done some good defensive work - had to make way.

Of course, as others have pointed out, if we had started with two up top maybe we wouldn't have had to endure that painful first 45.... :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I don't think it was an over reaction. When you're on the worst run in the history of the club . I think the fans are entitled to their opinion. But I feel I'm chatting to a 10 year old child. So I apologise for calling u a fool . 

Ironically the last time I felt comfortable booing maturity wise was as a 10 year old - but that was at the hippodrome so slightly different to the grown men at half time today.

Each to their own I guess :yawn:

33 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Not surprising he was "crap today", the poor lad must think he's in solitary confinement at times! 

Feel so so sorry for Tammy , led the line on his own all season and then Johnson brings two new signings on together to play up front. 

Tammy had been crying out for a strike partner all season , what a kid in the teeth for the lad.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Ironically the last time I felt comfortable booing maturity wise was as a 10 year old - but that was at the hippodrome so slightly different to the grown men at half time today.

Half time . Did u go today because you're not making any sense. Booing at half time or the substitutions. But like I said earlier I never booed or shouted obscenities. But people like you. Are so quick to judge. Because people have a different opinion doesn't make them any less of a supporter. But I expect every day you walk around looking down on people 

1 hour ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Johnson has got out of jail. Blokes out of his depth.

The support today couldn't be knocked. Those rightly had a pop at Johnson, not the players.

The decision to start one up top against a dire Rotherham side was shocking.

Today gives no optimism or hope we can get out of the mess we've been put in. The football was dire, no direction, the players looked confused in the first half. Seemed we've even brought Hegelar down to our standard!!

Fully understand the booing of Johnsons decisions. Tammy, left isolated all game and our leading goal scorer is taken off in a relegation 6 pointer. Did you expect a rapturous applause.

Key points are;

We should've started with two up ****ing front!!!!

Totally agree with this summary .

It wasnt really a case of Tammy not playing well, but playing on his own up front yet again and feeding on scraps with no support close to him. To be fair he didnt stop  trying and made a couple of great defnsive clearances as well.

I like Lee Johnson but he has to go.  Johnson doesn't know his best 11 and now he has more options with the new signings which will hinder him further rather than help him. The board should have acted by now and got someone in to keep us up. Our only hope is that there are 3 sides worse than us and I'm not sure there are.

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

I'm afraid Neo that Lee Johnson is in need of your speciality,  'bullet time'...

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Half time . Did u go today because you're not making any sense. Booing at half time or the substitutions. But like I said earlier I never booed or shouted obscenities. But people like you. Are so quick to judge. Because people have a different opinion doesn't make them any less of a supporter. But I expect every day you walk around looking down on people 

No I don't look down on them - how well you don't know me.

But I do pity them - having an opinion is great - expressing it during the game in a negative way is destructive and unhelpful.

3 hours ago, arrytheb said:

Was embarrassing that some decided they know better and make a judgement like that. Tammy was poor today, which can happen, and imo was right to be taken off. 

We'll said. I actually think we should consider sending him back now. He won't be here next season and we need to start focusing on our own.

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Tammy wasn't poor - remember he actually saved us in the first half by clearing off the line -

That he did Robbo, but if the highlight for a lone CF playing bottom of the league (by some way) is clearing one off the line and not: that he gave them a hard time, held the ball well, stretched them, laid off well, showed good movement etc, I'm still on the poor side of the fence. 

really like Tammy, but he gave us very little today. He had little support, but he had little movement, he had few around him, but couldn't trap the ball and cradle it at all. 

For me, next week, he's on the bench. I mean take Sheff W yes he got a goal - a deflection (yes they all count) - but the one on one he missed. He's no lone striker, he has a flukey knack about him. That is not slurr, that is untrainable and invaluable. But in games we're going toe-to-toe we need more.

For me until reason to change Djuric and Taylor get the nod from the off, Tomlin can park his car in KFC car park and GON can hang on the passenger's side of his best friend's ride! 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

We didn't need 2 up front against better teams to score multiple goals.

4-2-3-1 is 1 up top but 3 supporting.

4-4-2 is 2 up top without the support. Less attacking.

Regardless the only thing that mattered today was the result. We got the right one.

Too much made of formations.  If 442 guaranteed more goals, then you wouldn't see so many different formations.  Every formation has pros and cons, and those pros and cons change depending on the formation of the opposition.

Of course the switch to 3412 / 5212 might've contributed to the win, but also the energy of the subs, the tempo of the game, etc was a factor too.  We played the same ending formation against Fleetwood in the FAC at home, and it was turgid, so let's not get all hung up on formations.

I'll put my real thoughts into a more relevant topic, because the OP started if talking about boo'ing fans.

I can understand why some fans boo'ed and sang what they did.

It was a big gamble to take Tammy off, if you want a goal, you'd suspect he'd be your 'ace'.  But he was having a poor game today, sometimes it's right to sub him.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Too much made of formations.  If 442 guaranteed more goals, then you wouldn't see so many different formations.  Every formation has pros and cons, and those pros and cons change depending on the formation of the opposition.

Of course the switch to 3412 / 5212 might've contributed to the win, but also the energy of the subs, the tempo of the game, etc was a factor too.  We played the same ending formation against Fleetwood in the FAC at home, and it was turgid, so let's not get all hung up on formations.

I'll put my real thoughts into a more relevant topic, because the OP started if talking about boo'ing fans.

I can understand why some fans boo'ed and sang what they did.

It was a big gamble to take Tammy off, if you want a goal, you'd suspect he'd be your 'ace'.  But he was having a poor game today, sometimes it's right to sub him.

I feel like formations are almost a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Formations as you say, all have a number of pros and cons, and some formations directly counter others

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

That he did Robbo, but if the highlight for a lone CF playing bottom of the league (by some way) is clearing one off the line and not: that he gave them a hard time, held the ball well, stretched them, laid off well, showed good movement etc, I'm still on the poor side of the fence. 

really like Tammy, but he gave us very little today. He had little support, but he had little movement, he had few around him, but couldn't trap the ball and cradle it at all. 

For me, next week, he's on the bench. I mean take Sheff W yes he got a goal - a deflection (yes they all count) - but the one on one he missed. He's no lone striker, he has a flukey knack about him. That is not slurr, that is untrainable and invaluable. But in games we're going toe-to-toe we need more.

For me until reason to change Djuric and Taylor get the nod from the off, Tomlin can park his car in KFC car park and GON can hang on the passenger's side of his best friend's ride! 

The way to get Tammy the right service in a One-up-top, it to get players in and around him, which means the whole team needs to get up the pitch.  I'll explain my thoughts elsewhere but there were many reasons he gets isolated...it's not just formations.

Most of us called out for the 4411 / 4231, with Tomlin in behind Tammy with Cotterill coming in.  Unfortunately we didn't play well.

Just now, 29AR said:

Sometimes strikers do very little for the team other than score goals. That isn't the case with young Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham, he's here, there and everywhere. And he's scored 19 goals playing in a piss-poor side.

That said, as I indicated earlier, I supported the decision to sub him. Even though the one-on-one Djuric missed was surely the worst spurned opportunity of the match.

10 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We'll said. I actually think we should consider sending him back now. He won't be here next season and we need to start focusing on our own.

I stuck up for you the other day when someone started a thread stating you and your posts were a joke

Now I'm regretting having done so

One of the most ridiculous , and apologies in advance , Moronic posts I've ever read on here

Can only think you are a WUM

1 minute ago, Tim Bartlett said:

Booing needs to be done sometimes. Personally haven't booed since O'Driscoll but can totally understand those that booed today. The Dolman loves a good boo and always will. Booooo

The Dolman does indeed love a good boo...and used to love a good "what a load of rubbish"...but I'm assuming people have either forgotten that one or concluded that the rubbish on offer hasn't been of sufficient quality...

Archived