IGNORED

Don't know what you're doing...

35 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Why should I stay at home? 0-0 against and awful Rotherham, 1 win in 3 months and you expect me to be quiet? 

The subs did turn the game around but the performance until then was abject. 

Totally agree with you... although I think you have probably answered your own question.

1 minute ago, Barry Sheene said:

The sensible decision would have been to start with the formation he switched to

Oh yeah, because people would have been far more forgiving if he had dropped Tammy and Tomlin completely instead of giving them 60 minutes.

The sensible decision would have been to start with the formation he switched to

A formation that had only given us a 1-0 against Fleetwood at the second attempt?

Presumably with the same players starting, so neither of our 2 most creative playing- doesn't sound that sensible.

However taking 2 under performing players off and changing formation mid game to exploit the oppositions does.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

A formation that had only given us a 1-0 against Fleetwood at the second attempt?

Presumably with the same players starting, so neither of our 2 most creative playing- doesn't sound that sensible.

However taking 2 under performing players off and changing formation mid game to exploit the oppositions does.

We were playing Rotherham united at home.

Surely we deserve to see 2 up front and some attacking football?

We were playing Rotherham united at home.

Surely we deserve to see 2 up front and some attacking football?

We didn't need 2 up front against better teams to score multiple goals.

4-2-3-1 is 1 up top but 3 supporting.

4-4-2 is 2 up top without the support. Less attacking.

Regardless the only thing that mattered today was the result. We got the right one.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Got to say around me in the SS I never heard any of this? Everyone was positive.

I was in the Atyeo and it may have just been the portion of the ground I was in, but made a mockery of SL's 80%...

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

We didn't need 2 up front against better teams to score multiple goals.

4-2-3-1 is 1 up top but 3 supporting.

4-4-2 is 2 up top without the support. Less attacking.

Regardless the only thing that mattered today was the result. We got the right one.

So did you feel entertained today?

Just now, Up The City! said:

You do know many of the top teams in the world use 4-2-3-1 right? 

It should have been obvious by now that whilst the formation may work for some teams it does not get the best out of our players. They looked lost and confused for most of the first half.

5 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

So did you feel entertained today?

For 70odd minutes I felt cheated, then Djuric scored and I would have paid my ticket fee twice over for the elation. 

Why go with one up top against a side who has only picked up a paltry 16 points all sesson? He doesn't know what he is doing. He hasn't got a clue. All he did was bring on fresh legs and resort to 4-4-2 as he should have done at the beginning. Rotherham are a doomed side. We should have had this game won comfortably by half time. Instead we have to sweat it out at one nil up at the end. Absolutely cringeworthy. Worst manager since Benny Lennartson and he didn't have a clue either.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

And that's a reasonable conclusion. I don't debate that. What I took real offence to was whether that wad the introduction Taylor deserved given the bullseye he put on his back or Djuric who 4 weeks ago switched country to be here - audible exasperation that they were competent enough to replace those they did? 

No argument from me there.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

And that's a reasonable conclusion. I don't debate that. What I took real offence to was whether that wad the introduction Taylor deserved given the bullseye he put on his back or Djuric who 4 weeks ago switched country to be here - audible exasperation that they were competent enough to replace those they did? 

That I can understand 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

thinking someone is crap isn't a vendetta.

Using every action that he does or doesn't do as a way to slag him off, making it so whatever he does he gets criticised is.

Today he took off under-performing players and got abuse for it. That is not a rational reaction.

A bit unfair on Tomlin and Tammy,a Striker and a AM who had... well what support, a back four, 2 holding/defenisve  midfield players, and 2 wingers who got forward every now and then...   basically 2 attacking players and a slow moving ponderous out of ideas midfield. Yes we looked better on 60 minutes because we had pretty much 3 upfront, 2 wing backs pushed further forward, with 2 holding/defensive midfielders still.... no shock that you look better attacking when you have players committed to it, and not 2 players (Tammy and Tomlin) who for that first 60 minutes were hung out to dry, in a desperate hope that his subs would win the day - even said pre-match that he thinks his subs would win the game for him. So that's what we have come down to, poor defensive football, hoping that maybe we can grab a goal (at home to the worst team in the division) but never mind if we don't because we most of our eggs are in basket No 2...

I have just no faith in LJ anymore (well tbh for a good few weeks now).

That first half was one of the worst I've witnessed in a long time, mind there's been a few of them this season, utterly passionless no endeavor and just feeding us the same old shite football as usual, sorry but if that's what's being dished up for the rest of the season then we are going down. We have got a good set of players but he does not have an idea how to play them

2 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

That first half was one of the worst I've witnessed in a long time, mind there's been a few of them this season, utterly passionless no endeavor and just feeding us the same old shite football as usual, sorry but if that's what's being dished up for the rest of the season then we are going down

. We have got a good set of players but he does not have an idea how to play them

Been saying for months - If this set of players are playing 'for him' then I'm the Pope

Dont think it matters whether he has the potential to coach if the players don't believe in him , which is my opinion

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wasn't able to make it.

But I was able to get to several games where I was entertained but we lost.

A bad game with a good result is far preferable. 

Thank you for debating a match that you haven't been to with me today.

By the way I was there today and apart from the result it was dire

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Been saying for months - If this set of players are playing 'for him' then I'm the Pope

Dont think it matters whether he has the potential to coach if the players don't believe in him , which is my opinion

I think it's easy to see those who are and those who aren't. I think it also easy to see that those who are have enough to see us over the line in themselves. Those who aren't should have no place in our squad for the rest of the season.

Take LT. I think it damn clear the man plays for one man only; himself and he will do without any thought as to who is manager. 

Well frankly in the shoes of SL and even as someone who doesn't back LJ with any vitriol, I have more desire to see LJ succeed here than LT. I'd be more inclined to back the manager and say drop him - as he has - and after today that would only entrench my position even more. 

We thought a player of LT's class would progress us. Unfortunately we didn't realise the class was dependent upon his head. Clearly after a good performance v Sheff W he thought, yet again - he was untouchable. He can play out of his skin for as many games as he wants until the end of the season, this summer I think it beyond doubt we should sell, even at a loss if necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Thank you for debating a match the you haven't been to with me today.

By the way I was there today and apart from the result it was dire

I haven't been debating the performance of the match have I?

I can comment on the result. Which is the important part. The result isn't something I do not need to see.

By the way I would have been there except every time I stand up I temporarily lose vision and get extremely dizzy, I didn't feel up to a 12 mile round trip walk.

Never mind though, you toss away my opinion even though I'm not debating the things I didn't see. 

Were Tomlin and Tammy playing well? Several on here who went (because I'm not allowed an opinion according to you) have said they weren't.

Johnson has got out of jail. Blokes out of his depth. 

The support today couldn't be knocked. Those rightly had a pop at Johnson, not the players. 

The decision to start one up top against a dire Rotherham side was shocking. 

Today gives no optimism or hope we can get out of the mess we've been put in. The football was dire, no direction, the players looked confused in the first half. Seemed we've even brought Hegelar down to our standard!! 

Fully understand the booing of Johnsons decisions. Tammy, left isolated all game and our leading goal scorer is taken off in a relegation 6 pointer. Did you expect a rapturous applause. 

Key points are;

We should've started with two up ****ing front!!!! 

Just now, 29AR said:

I think it's easy to see those who are and those who aren't. I think it also easy to see that those who are have enough to see us over the line in themselves. Those who aren't should have no place in our squad for the rest of the season.

Take LT. I think it damn clear the man plays for one man only; himself and he will do without any thought as to who is manager. 

Well frankly in the shoes of SL and even as someone who doesn't back LJ with any vitriol, I have more desire to see LJ succeed here than LT. I'd be more inclined to back the manager and say drop him - as he has - and after today that would only entrench my position even more. 

We thought a player of LT's class would progress us. Unfortunately we didn't realise the class was dependent upon his head. Clearly after a good performance v Sheff W he thought, yet again - he was untouchable. He can play out of his skin for as many games as he wants until the end of the season, this summer I think it beyond doubt we should sell, even at a loss if necessary. 

If it was just LT 29 I'd agree with you

Was always likely to end in tears and I certainly wouldn't judge LJs man management on how LT behaves

However LJ knows more about LT than I do and made the decision to sign him

Unfortunately somebody like LT, if disgruntled can quickly spread discontent in dressing room

And what really concerns me is the number of players that LJ appears to have fallen out with , the strong rumours of discontent around large parts , at least , of the squad , the way LJ has outed players post match , his confusing selection policies ..... 

More importantly I think it concerns the players more

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I haven't been debating the performance of the match have I?

I can comment on the result. Which is the important part. The result isn't something I cannot see.

By the way I would have been there except every time I stand up I temporarily lose vision and get extremely dizzy, I didn't feel up to a 12 mile round trip walk.

Never mind though, you toss away my opinion even though I'm not debating the things I didn't see. 

Were Tomlin and Tammy playing well? Several on here who went (because I'm not allowed an opinion according to you) have said they weren't.

Feel free to debate anytime you like.

it's just a little bit easier if you have actually seen the match for me to debate with you

Archived