IGNORED

Booing for the substitutes

Charlie BCFC

1 minute ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Booing a Managers decisions is not "appauling". Quite normal and today showed what fans are openly think of him to Steve Lansdown.

Yeah but the subs are going to think that they're worthless and why not give them a chance and they took that very well and we won the game.

49 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah exactly., and it turned out to be 100% the right decisions as they're replacements were both considerably more effective in thirty minutes than they had been in sixty!

A bit unfair on Tomlin and Tammy,a Striker and a AM who had... well what support, a back four, 2 holding/defenisve  midfield players, and 2 wingers who got forward every now and then...   basically 2 attacking players and a slow moving ponderous out of ideas midfield. Yes we looked better on 60 minutes because we had pretty much 3 upfront, 2 wing backs pushed further forward, with 2 holding/defensive midfielders still.... no shock that you look better attacking when you have players committed to it, and not 2 players (Tammy and Tomlin) who for that first 60 minutes were hung out to dry, in a desperate hope that his subs would win the day - even said pre-match that he thinks his subs would win the game for him. So that's what we have come down to, poor defensive football, hoping that maybe we can grab a goal (at home to the worst team in the division) but never mind if we don't because we most of our eggs are in basket No 2...

Tomlin was blowing out of his ass after 30 mins, everytime he had the ball he didn't want to run with it instead he just flicked it on..wondered if he hadn't recovered from Tuesday's outing or still unwell..or both! Should've come off at half time really.  

Tammy was getting no service at all especially in the first half, we were using the wings a fair bit but nothing was going through the middle, only hoofs from our centre backs. The subs did change the game. Can't help but think it was a shit or bust move by LJ making all his subs that early on though..today was a must win for his job imo and fortunately we got it. I just think it's gonna buy him a bit more time as clearly he's out of his depth. Every fan in the ground was uninspired by that line up before KO & look at the performance until the subs were made. Thankfully Rotherham were gutless..Glad we won obviously but what an awful game.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

A bit unfair on Tomlin and Tammy,a Striker and a AM who had... well what support, a back four, 2 holding/defenisve  midfield players, and 2 wingers who got forward every now and then...   basically 2 attacking players and a slow moving ponderous out of ideas midfield. Yes we looked better on 60 minutes because we had pretty much 3 upfront, 2 wing backs pushed further forward, with 2 holding/defensive midfielders still.... no shock that you look better attacking when you have players committed to it, and not 2 players (Tammy and Tomlin) who for that first 60 minutes were hung out to dry, in a desperate hope that his subs would win the day - even said pre-match that he thinks his subs would win the game for him. So that's what we have come down to, poor defensive football, hoping that maybe we can grab a goal (at home to the worst team in the division) but never mind if we don't because we most of our eggs are in basket No 2...

Fair point. I wouldn't say we set up defensively per se, it was almost the same side as played in a pretty attacking manner on Tues night.

I'd have had someone more attacking alongside Hegeler rather than Pack but I don't think LJ can be blamed too much for sticking to what worked on Tues, system wise. 

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Gave all substitutes enough time to impact the game. Took off our three worst players . Tactically spot on . 

So he corrected the tactical error he made with the original team set up in the first place. Happens too often. Take a look at the results in our last 18 or so league games. It's going to take more than a decent draw against a Wednesday and today's dire performance albeit a win to convince many that the Manager has a clue at this level.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

The crowd were singing you don't know what your doing. Obviously aimed at LJ rather than booing the subs themselves. 

I thought the crowd were great when we needed it after the subs came on and got us over the line

We won just! Djuric got a goal, Taylor looked good and Cotterill was excellent. Horrible game but take the points, that's where we are.

I thought the crowd was a disgrace - booing half time, moaning at every misplaced pass and the song to LJ when the subs were made even though all 3 changes were bang on. Tomlin - shit. Tammy - shit. Little - necessary to allow two forwards on and keep a solid shape.

Putting more unnecessary pressure on your own team in an already nervous, tense game. Supporters? Are you **** !!

9 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Proven by?

Oh, I just attend the games.  And listen to the fans reactions.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Well we do all like a nice trip to Wembley I guess,  only reason I can think of if your statements true.

No idea what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Gave all substitutes enough time to impact the game. Took off our three worst players . Tactically spot on . 

Spot on. Abraham has been average recently and not surprised given we've flogged him for a number of weeks. His movement wasn't good today and really failed to run the channels or make runs. This summed up our 1st half when there was no really out ball. Cotterill, Paterson and to an extent Taylor were positive with ball at their feet and ran forward. Sounds basic but put Rotherham on back foot.

All you people who are cross at the booing have the luxury of a very lucky 1-0 result. Taking off your top scorer ,who is too good for our team and had just had a header saved by a keeper not good enough for us, was simply ridiculous - Lee doesn't know what he's doing; anyone who disagrees can't see today's game for what it was.

5 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Spot on. Abraham has been average recently and not surprised given we've flogged him for a number of weeks. His movement wasn't good today and really failed to run the channels or make runs. This summed up our 1st half when there was no really out ball. Cotterill, Paterson and to an extent Taylor were positive with ball at their feet and ran forward. Sounds basic but put Rotherham on back foot.

Tomlin played a ball to Tammy down the wing, Tammy busted a gut to get to it and I felt sorry for the lad as he could have put the best cross on earth into the box and it would not matter as our players were just still jogging just past the half way line. There was no energy, snappiness, or real desire to get forward and support Tammy. He must be so pissed of at times a how slow we are, and our unwillingness to push up.

9 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Oh, I just attend the games.  And listen to the fans reactions.

Which is not a factual evidence base to make your sweeping assertion.

My anecdotal based opinion via I just attend the games. And listen to the fans reactions differs .. Significantly. However it is just an opinion, not a fact.

I really don't care much who is in charge if we are winning. 

Today we won just and that will do for now. LJ is still at the helm and we will take good support to four vital away games and they will do their best to motivate the team. 

The idea of sections of supporters not voicing their opinion is strange after what they have put up with and to be frank again the backing the team got for the final twenty and even before was decent while the ball was in play. 

We go again at Derby and we need a performance. 

1 hour ago, Flint says No said:

What saying that people were wrong to boo and they should've supported the team and Johnson because even though he's not good enough he is our manager at the end of the day.

I only saw people booing Johnson. He created the problem and his lack of confidence transfers to the team.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Which is not a factual evidence base to make your sweeping assertion.

My anecdotal based opinion via I just attend the games. And listen to the fans reactions differs .. Significantly. However it is just an opinion, not a fact.

Sorry, are you saying that you have heard the crowd calling for Johnson to go?

I've missed it.  At every single game.  Today (the first win in an eon ironically) was the first time I've heard people being critical to Johnson.

The OTIB 'get him out' brigade (only a small handful but vigourously vocal) just ARE NOT representative of the City fan base. FACT.

Archived